Will the 3rd leg be just like the 1st leg?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PopMartian33107

Acrobat
Hello. This may sound like a simple question, but hear me out.

As grand as the first leg of this Vertigo tour has been, I heard that the second leg will blow it out of the water. I have heard rumblings that it might even resemble PopMart (one can only hope)! Big screens of curtains stretching the back of the stadium, new lights, maybe even a new stage, etc...

Anyway, will they incorporate some of the new ideas and better technology from the second leg into the third and subsequent legs? Or will it just be like Vertigo leg one (which isn't suh a bad thing)? Thanks for the help! :)

not sure, reading some of willies diaries before, sounds like the stage for europe might of changed again, he mentioned bono having an idea of a new stage before chigago, and we all know what happens when bono has stage ideas aka popmart :drool:

i think the european leg will be a bit different

but i wouldnt expect the 3rd leg to be drastically different

for one thing they have already sold tickets behind the stage, so they wouldnt be able to put up a big screen or anything like popmart. so im sure the curtains will stay...

Yes, the 1st and 3rd leg will probably be very similar. If you read the latest Willie diaries on U2.com he says:

"Also started documenting the show and the cues, which at present are only stored in my head. Right now I feel like I’ll never forget them, but after a summer in stadiums, coming back to this show in September will require some reminders, I’m sure."

Might be some slight changes but overall it will be the same.

Yea, I suspect the 3rd leg will be very similar to the 1st leg. They are using the same venues, which would indicate the same stage\lights setup. I would count on a few new songs being added in, but that’s about it. Also, the Elevation tour used the same setup from the start to finish.

Back
Top Bottom