Will sales be any good?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_acrobat

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
I have lately been reading reports of many bands struggling in the U.S. concert market. Some have cancelled tours altogether, some have had to downgrade to smaller venues (REM), and some just forge ahead and play empty venues. I went to see Metallica last week, who used to be seen as unstoppable. They probably sold out 2/3 of the arena. I'll be seeing REM in Cincinnati in a few weeks, and they are playing at a 3500 seat theater. Madonna and Prince even had a hard time selling tickets.

Will U2 be able to overcome this plague and sell out concerts? I really think that ticket prices are getting out of hand, and people can only afford a few concerts in a given year. Which is why I probably won't see any other concerts besides the 3 U2 concerts I limited myself to. I know there are certain markets U2 will always sell out, but what about smaller markets like Ohio, Minnesota, Missouri, etc?

im sure U2 will sell out most places they choose to play. They even sell out here in Buffalo :yes:

Honestly, I hope U2 have a hard time selling tickets. That will make life a lot easier for all of us here and screw over the scalpers.

U2 have always been one of the biggest concert draws since the days of the Joshua Tree tour - they will have no problem selling well in most markets depending upon what venues they choose to play, and how well the record is received.

Of course I hope they'll sell out, but I do think that the ticket prices are getting out of hand big time. People are fed up with paying at least 30 euros (and most of the time a lot more!) for a decent show. Not to mention the really big acts that ask about 80-100 euros for a ticket over here in the Netherlands. Well, having said that, REM sold out their show in the Netherlands in 15 minutes (10.000 capacity venue).

I think they'll do fine here but the band is the one who sets the ticket prices. Therefore if it is to pricey and they don't sell out an arena (which is highly doubtful) it is there own fault for setting the prices too high.

Back
Top Bottom