Why was Montorrey so short?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theu2fly

Refugee
The setlist looked good, but short... why did they skip some songs? Did they really play for 2.5 hours?

They were missing All Because Of You, An Cat Dubh or New Year's Day, Party Girl, and Fast Cars!

They should have performed them... the setlist would have looked better, IMO...

Vertigo
I Will Follow
The Electric Co.
New Year's Day
Elevation
Beautiful Day
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
City Of Blinding Lights
Original Of The Species
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
Bad
Love And Peace Or Else
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky
Miss Sarajevo
Pride (In The Name Of Love)
Where The Streets Have No Name
One

Until The End Of The World
Mysterious Ways
With Or Without You

All Because Of You
Yahweh
Fast Cars
Vertigo

Makes sense... and more fuller... IMO...

The set wasn't particularly short for an opening night.. Opening night in Europe (Brussels) had 22 songs as well as the tour premiere in San Diego..
On average you'll get anything between 22 and 24 songs....

Nice thing is part of Willie Williams's diaries about the length of the set..
The band came in around 5 and we had a quick huddle to figure out the set list. We’re getting into a situation now where we have so many great songs worked up that the show is potentially too long. The Edge always laughs and says “Ah, its great value for money!” but the truth is that if even a great show is too long it throws out the dynamics of the whole event. For U2 something in the region of two hours ten minutes seems to work the best. We’ve touched two and a half hours on occasion and even though the crowd is delighted, you can feel them getting tired.
..I think he's right here.. Off course, It's a thrill to see the band on stage for more than two and a half hours, but I reckon we'll have to do with the average 2 hours and 10 minutes...

First off, they didnt Miss An Cat Dubh, as its not been played since Dublin.

Secondly, they really didnt skip any songs, cause they played that setlist :shrug:
(Also missing in action about 1,000 other songs that u2 have releasesed/not released)

theu2fly said:
The setlist looked good, but short... why did they skip some songs? Did they really play for 2.5 hours?

They were missing All Because Of You, An Cat Dubh or New Year's Day, Party Girl, and Fast Cars!

How is 2.5 hours short? And Cat Dubh, Party Girl, or Fast Cars were not staples on this tour. How could they be "missing".

Back
Top Bottom