Why has "Bad" seemed to have disappeared???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Harry Vest

Refugee
Why has "Bad" seemed to have disappeared during the European leg of the tour??? Haven't they only played it twice???
What's up with this. I cannot understand why they wouldn't be including it more (even a little more). Any thoughts on this. And, do you think it will make any appearences on the third leg??? God I hope so.

Well, it was supposed to be played at Paris 2...I reckon it will reappear on Friday or Saturday in Amsterdam:wink:

When was Bad a staple on the first leg or on this tour period?? Doesnt it have to be played quite a bit to qualify as disappearing?? :shrug:

P.S. SSJ, are you watching!!!??? :laugh:

What if the 3rd leg shows dropped the ZooTV encore and replaced it with an Unforgettable Fire encore.
MLK
The Unforgettable Fire ("walk on by, walk on through"
Bad ("to let it go, and so to fade away ay ay ")

Seriously, how cool would that be?

not very?

we need something from zooropa and pop.

and bad hasn't been played because u2 would rather play vertigo twice a day for the rest of the tour.

think i'm being sarcastic?

i wish.

Bc U2 doesn't feel like playing bad this tour.

Just because it's a good song doesn't mean they HAVE TO play it on every tour. They said themselves they don't want this to be a greatest hits tour. They're just playing what they feel fits in.

unosdostres14 said:

Just because it's a good song doesn't mean they HAVE TO play it on every tour. They said themselves they don't want this to be a greatest hits tour. They're just playing what they feel fits in.

Not a greatest hits tour? :hmm: Then,what is it?

unosdostres14 said:

since when was Bad a realy big hit? It's not like Discotheque lol

KUEFC09U2 said:
a tour thats alot less greatest hits than ZooTv and Popmart ;)

Zootv was greatest hits???? the only reason you can consider zootv a greatest hits tour is that Achtuing baby is THE kick ass album with only good songs...

Zoo Station, The Fly, Even Better Than The Real Thing, Mysterious Ways, One, Until The End Of The World, Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses, Trying to Throw Your Arms..., Angel Of Harlem, Satellite Of Love, Bad-All I Want Is You-Bullet The Blue Sky, Running to Stand Still, Where the Streets , Pride, I Still Haven't Found

Encore(s): Desire, Ultraviolet (Light My Way), With or Without You, Love Is Blindness

10 songs of the record, one very cool cover, 2 UF, 5 JT, 2 R&H

Watched the zootv stockholm last night...man those were the days and the crowd looked ehhmmmm

:wink:

Can not wait for tonight though especially today I can use the "distraction"

zwervers2 said:

Zootv was greatest hits???? the only reason you can consider zootv a greatest hits tour is that Achtuing baby is THE kick ass album with only good songs...

Zoo Station, The Fly, Even Better Than The Real Thing, Mysterious Ways, One, Until The End Of The World, Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses, Trying to Throw Your Arms..., Angel Of Harlem, Satellite Of Love, Bad-All I Want Is You-Bullet The Blue Sky, Running to Stand Still, Where the Streets , Pride, I Still Haven't Found

Encore(s): Desire, Ultraviolet (Light My Way), With or Without You, Love Is Blindness

10 songs of the record, one very cool cover, 2 UF, 5 JT, 2 R&H

Watched the zootv stockholm last night...man those were the days and the crowd looked ehhmmmm

:wink:

Can not wait for tonight though especially today I can use the "distraction"
all in all 7 out of 21 were greatest hits, 10 songs from 21 were from the new album so just under half of the songs were greatest hits, with NO rarerities,

p.s. hope your gonna be ok

I would argue ZooTV was definitely U2's most 'greatest hits' tour. Take away the new material and that's really all that you have left. Popmart's close behind.

It's not as if either tour had The Electric Co.

KUEFC09U2 said:
all in all 7 out of 21 were greatest hits, 10 songs from 21 were from the new album so just under half of the songs were greatest hits, with NO rarerities,

p.s. hope your gonna be ok

thanks!!!

about zootv the greatest hits you mentoin are all from the three previous albums..hahaha I just realise what you mean.It depends how you look at it..one thing though: it realy indicates the power that zootv had IMO

Axver said:
I would argue ZooTV was definitely U2's most 'greatest hits' tour. Take away the new material and that's really all that you have left. Popmart's close behind.

It's not as if either tour had The Electric Co.
but no one can deny how spectacular it was,

but i do find me rating this tour a very close second, with elevation, then popmart (and i didnt even go to ZooTv)

KUEFC09U2 said:
but no one can deny how spectacular it was,

but i do find me rating this tour a very close second, with elevation, then popmart (and i didnt even go to ZooTv)

seen them since JT and I really have to say the best tour was Zootv...favourite concert by far was slane 25th august however which was so emotional I cried during 3(!!!) songs...mindblwing night...Zootv was how I woudl tour if I was in their shoes..I still absolutely love it...and the strange thing is that the static set back then doens't bother me one second. It was such a strong period of the band

And I quote..." Since when was "Bad" a really big hit? It's not like "Discotheque".
You're kidding right??????
"Bad" so overshadows "Discotheque" that it seems insane even explaining this. So I'll shut up now and hope the boys re-think the third leg and bring this true U2 classic back!!!

Zoomerang96 said:
not very?

we need something from zooropa and pop.

and bad hasn't been played because u2 would rather play vertigo twice a day for the rest of the tour.

think i'm being sarcastic?

i wish.

You know, there are songs that they aren't playing that I wish they would, so I Hear ya, but we gotta keep some perspective.

I remember during Zoo Tv there were alot of people complaining that they weren't playing much of anything from before UF. The first 2 legs I don't think they played anything from War and also no I Will Follow, 11 o'clock tick Tock, I will follow, Gloria etc. There were some people plenty pissed off, but you know what? U2 didn't wanna play those tunes, so they didn't.

It's clear that U2 doesn't feel like playing anything from Pop or Zooropa right now, it's their prerogative. I'm sure they'll play tunes from those albums at some point in the future, if not on this tour. This isn't A & E by request.

Back
Top Bottom