Why can't U2 get their act together?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Auckie

Babyface
wtf? They blew it with the cancellation process and now their blowing it with the rescheduling. Why the f**k would you say "within a week" and then fail to deliver.

who wants tickets to the NZ show? I'm sick of these selfish bastards.

Its not u2 who should get their acts together, its the tour promoters and principal management.

I understand your frustrations on this but you have no idea all that is going on behind the scenes to get this in motion. There are so many issues they have to deal with I am sure. This is no small task! As mentioned, I am sure this lack of info is stemming from the promoters and principle management trying to tie up loose ends, etc..

Hang in there folks we will have dates soon..:wink:

U2Fanatic4ever said:
I understand your frustrations on this but you have no idea all that is going on behind the scenes to get this in motion. There are so many issues they have to deal with I am sure. This is no small task! As mentioned, I am sure this lack of info is stemming from the promoters and principle management trying to tie up loose ends, etc..

Under promise, and over deliver. That's a great way to do business.

:eyebrow:

This group is mismanaged in many ways...p.r., and internet site being near the top of the list.

I'd love to see how they have their assets managed. I'm guessing that its a complete mess.

U2Fanatic4ever said:

I think that's a bunch of garbage! They obviously intend to take their sweet time, and dictate when and how the rescheduled shows are announced.

Excuse me, but there can't be that many issues that a major artist like U2 can't handle them in an efficient and prompt manner. They picked the stadiums, they settled on the dates, and they may have had some relatively easy negotiations to arrange price, etc....but that's it! Beyond that, any other planning they have months and months left to deal with.

THERE IS NOTHING STOPPING THEM FROM ANNOUNCING THE DATES!! If they wanted to, they would. They've been sitting on them for some time, and tying up loose ends is little excuse for not letting their fans know. Trust me, they're just playing games at this point.

SoCalMusicLover said:

I think that's a bunch of garbage! They obviously intend to take their sweet time, and dictate when and how the rescheduled shows are announced.

Excuse me, but there can't be that many issues that a major artist like U2 can't handle them in an efficient and prompt manner. They picked the stadiums, they settled on the dates, and they may have had some relatively easy negotiations to arrange price, etc....but that's it! Beyond that, any other planning they have months and months left to deal with.

THERE IS NOTHING STOPPING THEM FROM ANNOUNCING THE DATES!! If they wanted to, they would. They've been sitting on them for some time, and tying up loose ends is little excuse for not letting their fans know. Trust me, they're just playing games at this point.

:mad: hey now.. no need to jump all over me about it.. Just voicing my possible perception on the matter..

You know what, we don't really know all that is involved here (what is exactly going on with all this). So unless you work for Clear Channel or Principle Management then what you said is only a strong possibility (as what I have mentioned) for now. Just opinions being voiced here which is what message boards are all about..

Why would U2 play games/and or f**k with their fans, c'mon that is not their style.. they are fully aware of how important the fans are and we are what gave them a great life. If anyone is 'playing games' its the promoters and principle as I stated before..

their communication with the fans on this (as well as the recent past) has been quite crappy. And we fully deserve better that is for sure. Not to mention their "s**tty" website!

U2Fanatic4ever said:

:mad: hey now.. no need to jump all over me about it.. Just voicing my possible perception on the matter..

You know what, we don't really know all that is involved here (what is exactly going on with all this). So unless you work for Clear Channel or Principle Management then what you said is only a strong possibility (as what I have mentioned) for now. Just opinions being voiced here which is what message boards are all about..

Why would U2 play games/and or f**k with their fans, c'mon that is not their style.. they are fully aware of how important the fans are and we are what gave them a great life. If anyone is 'playing games' its the promoters and principle as I stated before..

their communication with the fans on this (as well as the recent past) has been quite crappy. And we fully deserve better that is for sure. Not to mention their "s**tty" website!

I didn't intend to criticize you. And if the blame lies with the promoters and principle, then they also lie with U2 DIRECTLY. If U2 had any problem or complaints, then they should deal with different promoters, and have a shake-up at principle.

The point is, they don't care so much, and will let the promoters and principle do as they please. It's no sweat off U2's back. I'm sure they have their arrangements taken care of.

When you're one of the biggest groups of all time, you don't hire Schmucks to be your promoters, if said "schmucks" are not treating your fans with proper respect. If U2 had any problem, actions would be taken. Instead....Nothing. Just promises and "IMMINENT ANNOUNCEMENTS!!!"

Crickets....

Playing games? I know you're mad, and it certainly is understandable, it's not just for kicks. Why? For what purpose?

And no need to take out your frustrations on board members.

Board members are not to blame here. I am sorry to take frustration out on them. They are the victims.

And there are plenty of games being played here. They've been promising an announcement for weeks, if not months. They release a stupid statement on their website on MONDAY MORNING JULY 10, saying "WITHIN 1 WEEK."

Well....it's now 10 Days.

The Australian promoter releases a statement last Saturday...."ANNOUNCEMENT IS IMMINENT."

4 Days Later.....Crickets.

What could they have done differently? On April 10, they could have been honest. On July 15 the promoter could have been honest. A simple statement like...."The rescheduled tour will be announced on Thursday July 20." That's it. Simple, honest, and to the point. Instead we got...."Within One Week......and Imminent."

They had less drama when they announced the original tour dates in December 2004.

SoCalMusicLover said:
Board members are not to blame here. I am sorry to take frustration out on them. They are the victims.

And there are plenty of games being played here. They've been promising an announcement for weeks, if not months. They release a stupid statement on their website on MONDAY MORNING JULY 10, saying "WITHIN 1 WEEK."

Well....it's now 10 Days.

The Australian promoter releases a statement last Saturday...."ANNOUNCEMENT IS IMMINENT."

4 Days Later.....Crickets.

What could they have done differently? On April 10, they could have been honest. On July 15 the promoter could have been honest. A simple statement like...."The rescheduled tour will be announced on Thursday July 20." That's it. Simple, honest, and to the point. Instead we got...."Within One Week......and Imminent."

They had less drama when they announced the original tour dates in December 2004.

Agreed.

I don't disagree with SoCalMusicLover here. Why would U2.com have made their most recent announcement if issues were still up in the air?

Where are the dates, U2.com?

Bah, why am I not surprised? U2.com are a pack of clowns. They can't even spell U2 song titles correctly. That says it all.

How quickly I forget. U2.Com is a JOKE!

Let's remember, they're the same ones who were surprised that so many people signed up to the Fan Club, just to get ticket priority. They never even expected that? Sure, they figured people were paying $30 to join for the "exclusive" online content.

By their standards, 1 Week means 1 Month. We should have dates by around August 15.

SoCalMusicLover said:

Let's remember, they're the same ones who were surprised that so many people signed up to the Fan Club, just to get ticket priority. They never even expected that? Sure, they figured people were paying $30 to join for the "exclusive" online content.

By their standards, 1 Week means 1 Month. We should have dates by around August 15.

The list of U2.com's failures is fairly lengthy. Don't even get me started on setlists. I run a fansite and have no personal connections to U2 or their crew whatsoever, and I can still have a more accurate setlist posted quicker than U2.com after a concert. Sometimes I doubt U2.com has any personal connections to U2 or their crew either, given their broken promises and hopelessly vague wording that seems so casual and "we don't actually know U2" to me.

Please let's not forget why the tour was postponed.
The illness of a direct family member.
It's sometimes hard to predict what will happen over time.
Improve, backlash, deteriorate.
Fast or slow.

Back in March, right after the postponement, there was fear of the shows being cancelled.
That fear has dissappeared completely now.

I'm thinking perhaps it would have been beter if the remaining shows would have been cancelled instead of postponed.
Sure it would have sucked and angered fans for a while.
But at least there would have been clearity and nothing would have been expected anymore.
If shows would have been rescheduled, that would have been a complete surprise.

And then there's the changes that faster communication options (like the internet) have brought with them, some are good where others are bad.

Most humans are curious. They wanna find things out. The sooner to know, the better. And the internet sure has sped things up lightning fast. How does that effect patience?

Besides, what would you prefer : a premature announcement, where later things have to be changed or shows are going to be postponed again (I mean, common we all know what will be said about u2.com, when that happens) or a steadfast/secure one (is that even possible? anything can happen at anytime).

I see u2.com's "within next week" post as a direct result of u2log post. When u2log posted something about the tour. u2.com felt (or maybe were told) they had to say something about it as well.
If u2log's post hadn't excisted, you knows what would have happened.

Both posts got me excited and :hyper:!
Am I dissappointed that there has not been an announcement yet?
Sure.
Am I getting impatient?
Sure.
Am I getting tired of waiting?
Sure.

But is there really anything I can do that will garantuee that the announcement will be made sooner?
I don't think so.
It's out of my control.
What's in my control is how much and in which ways I let it influence me.

This post is already long enough and I haven't even started on the whole band - fan relationship.
O well, that'll have to wait for another time.

SoCalMusicLover said:

And if the blame lies with the promoters and principle, then they also lie with U2 DIRECTLY. If U2 had any problem or complaints, then they should deal with different promoters, and have a shake-up at principle.

If U2 fired their promoters and PR reps right now, you can bet we'd NEVER have any rescheduled dates, well maybe two years from now.

SoCalMusicLover said:

Are you part of the team? are you a family member of U2? your not you don't know the half of it. Do you know that there are other things going on on stadiums and arenas and yes even if your U2 they will not cancel an important game just for their concert for example. You don't know the half of it and the logistics and don't forget the problems they had with one of their family members!

so my advice to you on this is shush!

SoCalMusicLover said:

I do agree with you here though. U2.com sucks and its the last place i'de go for reliable information!

:hmm: "Within the next week" - and nothing.
Looks odd but that U2.com note made me thing we're real close. I mean, they've been saying virtually nothing substantial since the Denton interview, then the apology and "we're working on it" a few weeks ago and now "dates within next week". Something is going on right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom