Who's SICK of this tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DPrinceNY

War Child
Okie its been almost a year with the Vertigo tour and I'm just sick of it. I've see enough (went to 4 shows) of Bono's drumming and all the same gimicks. All the tour pictures and videos are boring me already.

I find myself watching Elevation, Popmart and Zootv shows just so I can forget about this tour. It was good and all but it should just end cause its all played out. U2 needs to end this tour at the third leg and go do something else (ie. record some new material)

I am not sick of it, but after May, I think we're all going to be ready for what's next :hyper:

DPrinceNY said:

I find myself watching Elevation, Popmart and Zootv shows just so I can forget about this tour. It was good and all but it should just end cause its all played out. U2 needs to end this tour at the third leg and go do something else (ie. record some new material)

You'd probably feel a lot different if you lived somewhere that wasn't within driving distance of a dozen shows.

Wow I didn't know this was gonna turn into a US vs world thread. But okay. It makes financial sense for the band to give the US a couple of legs as well as play multiple shows in populated cities. The've lost money before by over-touring in the wrong places and they obviously dont want to repeat their mistakes

Sure not everyone gets to see U2, even in the places where they have toured, so what is the band suppose to do? Keep touring "the world" until everyone on the planet that wants to see U2 sees them?

WalkOn21 said:

Yeah. The USA is certainly not 2 times as big as Europe, but they're doing more than 2 times as many concerts in the USA. :eyebrow:

but more tickets were available to people in Europe than in the US :eyebrow:

I'm more pissed off with reading about other Interferencers' experiences of seeing U2 five, ten or even 20 times on this tour and I've only managed to get tickets to see them next year ONCE, and for me to see them in any other city involves an eight-hour drive at the minimum, or flying.

Be thankful for what you had. :|

DPrinceNY said:
Okie its been almost a year with the Vertigo tour and I'm just sick of it. I've see enough (went to 4 shows) of Bono's drumming and all the same gimicks. All the tour pictures and videos are boring me already.

Bit selfish don't you think? Just because the U.S. have seen the show you think that's it. What about all the Australian/South American fans who have just as much right to see the show? North America has been spoilt for choice with regards to shows, even Europe got poor representation compared with the U.S.

I wish I had seen 30 mins of the tour...

at least on Dec 30, HBO Plus is showing the Chicago DVD... that's 90 mins :happy:

I love how ONE person asking this question turned into another USA vs. the rest of the world and multiple concert goers make me jealous/sick/are ungrateful/need to get a life thread

:happy:

Merry Christmas!!! :hyper:

Last edited:
personally i think U2 should just tour the US and US alone next year in 2006. they could easily do it. just devote a month or two to each region of the country and take some time off etc.

I think on their next tour all members of U2 should be clothed only in greasepaint. That would liven up the show a bit. And make for some fascinating photos too. :D

I'm not sick of it...I only saw one show (and I'm glad I got to see that one). I'd always wondered why people saw multiple shows when they have a fairly static setlist, but after that concert I understood. :wink:

Anyway maybe next time you should only see one or two shows if it makes the experience more enjoyable for you.

indra I think they might be past the age where that would be a good idea. :tongue:

:D

indra said:
I think on their next tour all members of U2 should be clothed only in greasepaint. That would liven up the show a bit. And make for some fascinating photos too. :D

Now you're foisting your sick Church fantasies onto U2, you filthy girl!!!! :tsk:

blueeyedgirl said:

Now you're foisting your sick Church fantasies onto U2, you filthy girl!!!! :tsk:

Have you been hiding out in the Church chatroom? :ohmy:

:shifty:

:eek:

:wink:

actually usually those plans didn't involve greasepaint as much as spray cheese (don't ask), large car trunks, and secluded cabins where sound doesn't travel far and the neighbors aren't nosey. :evil:

Last edited:
im not sick of this tour...imo, this tour has been un-fucking-believable....the rest of the world still needs to see this awesome show...keep it up U2....
and by the way, i saw them 7 times this tour and wish i saw them more!...and i have a life...so i dont think its fair to say that people dont have lives if they see a bunch of shows

blueeyedgirl said:
I'm more pissed off with reading about other Interferencers' experiences of seeing U2 five, ten or even 20 times on this tour and I've only managed to get tickets to see them next year ONCE, and for me to see them in any other city involves an eight-hour drive at the minimum, or flying.

Be thankful for what you had. :|

I'll second that. :|

I had to fly five hours to get to the nearest province that U2 were playing in. The financial limitations of this meant that I could only see one show. Ticketmaster ate up my GAs, so I got stuck with seats on the opposite side of the arena. But I still had a brilliant time - to see people complaining about this, saying they're "bored" because they've seen it all so many times, is just bloody annoying.

Be thankful for what you got, for christ's sake. Don't rub it in the faces of those of us who were less fortunate. Some people didn't even get tickets.

GibsonGirl said:

I'll second that. :|

I had to fly five hours to get to the nearest province that U2 were playing in.

5 hours? that's nothing! I had to fly 11 hours
and now they're coming to my country :shifty: I'll see them again twice

but I'm with you two (no pun intended)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom