Who's SICK of this tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Re: Who's SICK of this tour?

popbellydancer said:

we kept going (19 shows) in hopes that the feeling from which we got high on at the last 3 tours would happen again on the Vertigo tour, but it never did.

I feel like saying something, but it could get me banned. :) So I won't say it. What I will offer you instead is the censored and abridged version.

Who on earth do you think you are? You saw nineteen shows. Do you realise what some people would have done to be in your shoes? Do you have any idea? For some of us, going to a U2 show means spending money on expensive plane tickets, hotels, transportation around the city that we've had to fly to, etc. It basically means we're only seeing one show, if we're lucky. You went to nineteen shows, being disappointed with each and every one of them, when there are big U2 fans out there who would have done anything for your ticket and would have had a good time.

People like you are the reason why the fucking lottery is in place anyway.

Re: Re: Re: Who's SICK of this tour?

GibsonGirl said:

I feel like saying something, but it could get me banned. :) So I won't say it. What I will offer you instead is the censored and abridged version.

Who on earth do you think you are? You saw nineteen shows. Do you realise what some people would have done to be in your shoes? Do you have any idea? For some of us, going to a U2 show means spending money on expensive plane tickets, hotels, transportation around the city that we've had to fly to, etc. It basically means we're only seeing one show, if we're lucky. You went to nineteen shows, being disappointed with each and every one of them, when there are big U2 fans out there who would have done anything for your ticket and would have had a good time.

:up: :up: :up:

You took the words right out of my mouth :yes:.

I could never get sick of seeing U2 live or reading about U2 on tour. However, when the Hawaii date was just recently confirmed, all I could think about was all the bullshit that is gonna go down with all of Bono's "regular" dancing girls, who are all planning on making the trip! It's not the tour that is getting old, but it's more the stories, the pictures of these girls in their lingerie tops and all the drama this will cause AGAIN!!! I'm so over it!

OceanGirl said:
Well, as an Aussie, I am thrilled that U2 are doing a fourth leg and FINALLY including us in the tour!

Melissa - I haven't been to any U2 concerts yet, but are you sure the fact that you have seen U2 19 times THIS tour isn't the reason you are a bit 'over' them? As much as I love U2, I don't think I could handle seeing them perform that many times in the one tour! The fun would go out of it for me I think!

to each his own certainly, but i saw them 17 times on elevation and never tired. it was an amazing new experience every night imo. :wink:

CheckYourChange said:
I could never get sick of seeing U2 live or reading about U2 on tour. However, when the Hawaii date was just recently confirmed, all I could think about was all the bullshit that is gonna go down with all of Bono's "regular" dancing girls, who are all planning on making the trip! It's not the tour that is getting old, but it's more the stories, the pictures of these girls in their lingerie tops and all the drama this will cause AGAIN!!! I'm so over it!

You could just ignore the drama and focus on the music and the concert, you know. "Regular" girls in their "lingerie tops" shouldn't cause you any concern.

God, could someone here just do something completely scandalous so we can start drama about something else for a change?

hcbiggs2002 said:
Too much of a good thing. I'm sure you've all heard this saying. Anyone can get sick and bored with almost anything if they get more than their fair share of something. Which is obviously the case with some of the people here!?!:huh:

I only got to see one U2 concert on this tour and it was fantastic! I don't envy anyone who had the opportunity (or cash!?!) to see multimuble shows (much!?!) but then to have the nerve to come here and start complaining about it, just gets my goat!! :yell: Talk about spoilt!?! :madspit: You should be grateful!! Shame on you all!!! :shame:

And as for how far everyone had to travel to see U2, my friend and I travelled almost the same distance, from where we live in Finland to see U2 in Copenhagen, as it is for someone to travel from Winnipeg to Toronto! Yes I got the map and me ruller out and messaged!!:eyebrow: But even that's nothing compared to my pen pal who lives in Perth, Australia and who's gonna have to travel across the whole continent to see U2 in Sydney. :slant:

Anyone starting to feel even a little ashamed yet?!?

:rant:

i don't think that this thread was meant to be a bitch fest, simply voicing everyone's opinions as always, including my own.

and don't EVER think i'm not grateful for my "oppurtunities,"...i am and i do feel for those with less chances to see them in your respective countries. yes, it was my choice to go to those shows...TOTALLY! i'm not saying i'd take back the experience at all...this tour has changed me in some profound ways i never knew possible. just not exactly in the way i had experienced before or expected this time.

ps.... the thing i love most on this board is how if you write anything other than blind love and admiration, dare to critique, question, expect, suggest...you inevitably get trashed.

guess i should've known not to open my mouth. i apoligize.:censored: :banghead:

Re: Re: Re: Who's SICK of this tour?

indra said:

:lmao:

You mean you couldn't figure out after, oh, say eight or ten shows that you really weren't enjoying yourselves as much as you wanted to? :scratch:

:laugh:

like i said, we kept going thinking that maybe the first 10 were not that great due to the tour being new and/or simple geography. so we tried more on the 3rd leg.

as for anything else see my previous post.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Who's SICK of this tour?

popbellydancer said:

like i said, we kept going thinking that maybe the first 10 were not that great due to the tour being new and/or simple geography. so we tried more on the 3rd leg.

as for anything else see my previous post.

I'm sorry but it just reminds me of that lovely definition of insanity:

"Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result."

And I found it highly amusing. :)

Originally posted by U2mixer....

' "Hmmm, so your main reasons for your disappointment are being
screwed in the lottery (not the band or the music)
pushed and yelled at (not the band or the music)
rip off of the E tour (more the stage setup than the band or the music)"'

hmmm, because U2 the band have NO CREATIVE CONTROL WHATSOEVER DO THEY??? after 25 years, being the biggest band in the world and never taking corporate sponsorship (until this tour and Clear Channel came along of course) they "The Band" have ZERO to do with the decisions made. they are not as THEY say, "a band of four, but a corporation of FIVE!" god forbid anyone raise an eyebrow at the ways in which this tour was handled, and the fact that it just MAY HAVE HAD SOMETHING TO DO WITH THE BAND'S CHOICES....not some other external force.

' "Your opinion only, but you first state that you "long for the last 3 tours" - YOU'RE LIVING IN THE PAST!!!
And how can you be disappointed that it's a "rip-off of the E tour" when you've just stated that you "long" for it???" '

i believe i said "A MEDIOCRE RIP-OFF AT BEST" lacking in "HEART." but hey, flame and don't pay attention to words.

' "Sounds like you didn't find what you were looking for - and that's the U2 of the past!" '

not true....i've always loved the new and innovating U2....that's why i became a fan.....ie ZOO and POPMART.

" 'They've had a few bum shows this tour BUT THAT HAPPENS EVERY TOUR!!!
The stage show was good, but wasn't that great, but ITS ALL ABOUT THE MUSIC, MAN!!! YOU GO TO A CONCERT TO HEAR THE MUSIC!!!" '

and many more than just myself felt that it was a static setlist comprised of greatest hits....kinda like, um, i dunno....A FAREWELL TOUR.

' "And your accusation about U2 not having the 'HEART' this time is totally based on your unfortunate experiences.
I saw them all over Europe and they certainly showed 'HEART' and a passion for the crowds." '

ok, love, i don't know why i'm responding to you at all now. for i have NO DOUBT that the european tour was INCREDIBLE!!! and that my biggest PERSONAL mistake was going into debt seeing the US shows and not a handful of fun, energetic, passionate, LOTTERY-LESS STADIUM SHOWS!!! :rant: ...... oops, my bad! if anyone wants to bitch about geography on this board....let's get into how the countries lucky enough to be blessed with ANY U2 shows this tour also ALL GET TO BE BLESSED WITH OLD-SCHOOL LOTTERY-LESS STADIUM SHOWS EXCEPT FOR AMERICA...now go ahead and whine. :madwife:

'"This tour hasn't been as memorable as previous tours, but 95% of the time the band still put on a great show and you can't really argue with that." '

' "I think the fans will notice when the band are only playing for the dollar bills and their 'HEARTs' aren't in it anymore - trust me on that one!" '

um, have you read any posts in the last year?

'"Look at all the shit in the music charts now and then and go and DREAM about catching the guys on the 4th leg of their tour playing your favourite tracks - come on, you'd still want to be there!" '

' "I'm not having a go at you because we're ALL entitled to our own opinions, but maybe you set your sights TOO HIGH this time and you should, as I do, attend each concert with a 'clean slate' attitude. If the last concert was 'meh' then don't hold it against them." '

boy, that's good, could've fooled me! and i have stated that i see many things differently now.

'"I think you know what I'm saying and I do realise that bad experiences can spoil a whole concert especially drunken dickhead fans. " '

i'm done...on to my next flame. btw, i love how i didn't start this thread and yet i'm getting all the BS.

honestly, i try to make it a habit not to get into these petty arguments on a forum where we are all here to voice our own thoughts and opinions with each other and instead wind up being crucified, and i should probably keep to that.

however, i guess since i went home for Xmas, didn't have access to a computer, didn't keep up on the blue crack, i'm a little touchy in the New Year because i came home only to see that i had missed the chance to defend a friend of mine and my boyfriend's, (Khelia) from getting slammed by nearly everyone on interference for no reason other than petty jealousy (which believe me, i have my own of!!:wink:...) so ... like i said, on to the next flame....
:evil: :censored: :rant:

Last edited:
GibsonGirl said:

A: I belive I already said that I am lucky.

B: Don't assume that I have endless money just because I went to that many shows. I'm young, love to travel to see shows, or in general. I went into debt on this tour like many other loyal fans I know, did and always do ...and it DOES mean me we travelled to see them.

C: Yes, I do realize that other people would kill to be in my place...but, ah, that's not what this particlular thread is about, is it?? It's about a discussion, which as always, we're obviously not allowed to have.

D: You want to say something to me...but won't, because trashing people whom you don't know on this board (and probably never will) is far too important to you isn't it?? ....

Well, I'll make it easy for you and at this point I don't care if they ban me or not....
Because tonight I DO FEEL like saying something...people like YOU are the reason not only to STOP reading message boards, but also to possibly STOP GOING to shows, you are definately the epitomy of a new breed of fan in the GA line, or in the stands for that matter...the know-it-all who causes so much stress and many of the awful fan-related experiences which so many diehards I know have dealt with on this tour, 100 times more than on any other. And yes, that is a reason to stop going to shows which I haven't even gotten into, nor will bother to!!

As for the reason the lottery exists....I have just three words for you....

GO FUCK YOURSELF! :madwife: :scream: :angry: :rant:

Last edited:
Some people just have no shame or respect for other peoples feelings!:sigh: I wasn't objecting to people criticicinig U2. Love 'em, hate 'em, I don't care! My point was and is, how dare people come here and rub into our faces (thoughs of us who only got to see 1 or 2 shows and some none at all!) about how many umpteen shows you all went to and now how bored by it you all are! Some people are lucky if they get a one proper meal a day!! Let alone go to a rock concert.:tsk:

Last edited:
popbellydancer said:
however, i guess since i went home for Xmas, didn't have access to a computer, didn't keep up on the blue crack, i'm a little touchy in the New Year because i came home only to see that i had missed the chance to defend a friend of mine and my boyfriend's, (Khelia) from getting slammed by nearly everyone on interference for no reason other than petty jealousy (which believe me, i have my own of!!:wink:...) so ... like i said, on to the next flame....
:evil: :censored: :rant:

Isn't this a bit of an exagerration? "Nearly everyone on interference"?

The way I recall it, it was several people, one or more at least who didn't even have the nerve to use their real usernames.

I will totally agree with you that the thread you refer to was total bullshit, but let's not go blaming "nearly everyone on interference".

Last edited:
Popbellydancer

I wasn't flamimg you!
I was just airing my opinion - you could say that you flamed me!

Whatever, all I want to say is that if you're entitled to discuss your views then I'm entitled to discuss them also - it's what a forum is all about otherwise why post :scratch:

I'm not a 'love the band whatever they do' kind of fan - I can slag them off with the best of 'em! Don't get me started on ATYCLB!

Your quote
"I think the fans will notice when the band are only playing for the dollar bills and their 'HEARTs' aren't in it anymore - trust me on that one!" '

um, have you read any posts in the last year?"

Yes, I have read posts both good and bad, but I think the band are still selling out every concert so I think I know who's got it right - the majority.

Listen, we can discuss/argue a point, but it ends there!
I disagree with some of what your posted, but I respect your opinion even though I don't agree with most of it.

Its what freedom of speech is all about!!!

And the band succumed to corporate sponsorship during the PopMart tour when it was the only way to play to South American countries.

And yes, the European tour was fucking amazing - shame you missed it ;)

corianderstem said:

God, could someone here just do something completely scandalous so we can start drama about something else for a change?

We have about 3 months until Hawaii. I'll try to come up with something :hmm:.

But really, it's time for South America and Austraila to step up. Maybe it could even involve a kangaroo or a sheep perhaps?

:wink:

popbellydancer said:
Because tonight I DO FEEL like saying something...people like YOU are the reason not only to STOP reading message boards, but also to possibly STOP GOING to shows, you are definately the epitomy of a new breed of fan in the GA line, or in the stands for that matter...the know-it-all who causes so much stress and many of the awful fan-related experiences which so many diehards I know have dealt with on this tour, 100 times more than on any other. And yes, that is a reason to stop going to shows which I haven't even gotten into, nor will bother to!!

As for the reason the lottery exists....I have just three words for you....

GO FUCK YOURSELF! :madwife: :scream: :angry: :rant:

Wow, you're on crack. Please, stop going to shows. Please, never go to a U2 concert again, Please, don't go to nineteen fucking shows if you're only going to be disappointed when there are other fans who'd love to go and would be wholly satisfied. Please, stop posting here, because you just sound like a spoilt brat. The fact you just chewed out GibsonGirl, one of the most decent people I know, is proof of that. I have not the faintest of ideas where you got those strange ideas about GibsonGirl causing stress at shows. I fail to see how she caused any other fan stress when she saw a single show from the stands and had the time of her life. I'm sure you made people miserable though, by wasting everyone's time at nineteen shows. Didn't you get a hint around the fifth show that you're disappointed and it's not about to improve? Or are you just some concert slut, some addict who compulsively needs a fix, no matter how bad it is? Maybe it's time you took a long, hard look in the mirror at yourself.

I was honestly pretty sick of this tour, which is why i haven't been on interference for a few months. but i'm looking forward to the south america leg and so on.....should be interesting.

even if its the same old setlists, u2 in south america in stadiums. I'm in.

RademR said:
I was honestly pretty sick of this tour, which is why i haven't been on interference for a few months. but i'm looking forward to the south america leg and so on.....should be interesting.

even if its the same old setlists, u2 in south america in stadiums. I'm in.

Should be fantasticooooooooooo!!!

I'm in too!

i just love how when people dont enjoy the shows anymore, they then blame the band for them not enjoying a show,

aces

284936.jpg

Ahhh I love all the constant bickering, makes for some great reading. Can’t believe this thread is still going, the longest one I’ve started yet (pats self on back) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom