Whos Opening the Philly Dates?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I haven't heard anything yet either. Don't you think that if they had secured an opening act they would have announced it by now? I can't believe they're still trying to nail someone down. Perhaps it will be someone really good (surprise) or really not so good (won't announce it at all). Hmmm. Any ideas? Any local acts that could pull it off?? Are The Roots to big for this? That's my wild guess.

honestly we have not had a good opening act in Philly for ages. it's the city that time and U2 have forgotten.

we're sandwiched between good shows all the time, and usually before MSG (the shittiest building ever, but i'm speaking as a track athlete, and coach on that one..... what a pile of dung that place is)..... but it is in our country's city, hmmmm.

either way i'd like someone good to play in Philly. i hope they don't bring fun loving criminals out of retirement, and i could go with out the Kings. maybe they can call the Caesars, or Undertow, or Switchfoot, or anyone decent....

but it'll probably be .....

but i'm sure the show will rock (even though we've had some of the shortest setlists on the last few tours). we're Philly. we love U2, and welp let's face it, we're effing awesome.

Mummers perhaps?

2003band.jpg

dude my Mummer friend could probably arrange that. actually that might be kind of cool.

just so long as it isn't G-Love.

Yep. Damian Marley is now confirmed as the opening act for Philly (and also for the Houston show that I'm also going to).

P.S. Who is Damian Marley? Is this another of Bob Marley's kids? Can I assume it's reggae music? (If so, I can live with that...he doesn't have to be a star...just good.) Is he any good?

no G- love would be obvious and is overrated. great and amusing, yes, opener for U2 no.

Damian Marley...... yup, the kazoo festival, mummers or Glove would be so much better. we suck.

Knuckle said:
Yep. Damian Marley is now confirmed as the opening act for Philly (and also for the Houston show that I'm also going to).

P.S. Who is Damian Marley? Is this another of Bob Marley's kids? Can I assume it's reggae music? (If so, I can live with that...he doesn't have to be a star...just good.) Is he any good?

he is the youngest son of Bob Marley and is pretty good. He got a grammy a couple of years ago for an album he did. He's reggae-hip-hop. Check out my thread, someone posted his website. Here it is: http://forum.interference.com/t140136.html

Back
Top Bottom