Who's Gonna Try Again

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Jennie, I'll take you up on your offer. I really need two seats to that San Jose show. I had great lower-levels, but they were lost due to an "error." I've been bummed for the last 3 hours! And now I can't buy because my code has been "used to purchase tickets." What a mess.

Yeah I'm definitely trying again for GA in the general sale (Philadelphia, anywhere) but I don't know how it's really going to be any easier with a billion times more people descending upon the sale. I know a billion times more tix will be released as well, but today's debacle doesn't give me a sunny outlook.

You know the thing is, even if we got GAs there are always the GA nightmares (although my GA experience was pretty nice) and includes no guarantees either. Somebody with GA could end up right in front of my lowers and not see as well as me. I just don't know how the biggest band in the world can make everybody happy when they tour. I'm glad I got tickets, believe me, but they are overpriced and the U2.com deal sucks. I knew it was a risk, they botched the Propaganda thing for a lot of people (including me), and I knew exactly the risk I was taking. Still, I--like all of us--hoped in good faith that it would work out and for most people, it didn't.

Would somebody tell me what you think about this: would you buy good tickets from someone if they were printed out from Ticketmaster's email delivery option? I know, low priority question, but just wondering...

BigMacPhisto said:

1) We will see U2 at the Grammys

2) WE will hear reports of opening night. The "wowed" audience. We will hear MP3's online, we may even see footage on U2.com....

3) We will all go to the show and be so dazzled we'll all forget this mess.

This is our FAVORITE band people. I know this ticketing situation was as awful as a sitcom in its eighth season or higher, but this band WILL play to the best of their abilities and give us a good show. These aren't Yanni tickets!

Sorry BigMac, but not all of us will be going to the show.... :(

Earlier today I was sort of having a laugh because people's reactions were short of burning U2 at the stake! Though I still sympathized because my oppurtunity to buy tickets wasn't even there because they weren't there in the first place to buy (I want to go to Toronto).

Now I find out that these tickets (for the 3rd Leg) won't go on sale till August??? WTF? So I'm crying because the odds of being near a computer or even having access period at that time are slim to none.

So I'm left wondering why the hell did I shell out $25 when all I'm really 'garenteed' - and don't tell me they didn't lead us on when words like this were all over the place - is a lousy keychain?

Last edited:
If I get GA's (ha right) on Sunday for SJ I will gladly sell my seats at face value to someone here.

wow, that was a very informative and utterly depressing article...

I am very curious to see what happens for folks trying to get tix in the general sales.

I've been reading the forums ever since Tuesday's debacle started. I had paid my 40 dollars and was looking forward to getting tickets for Twickenham. For my first U2 concert. And tonight I have decided to join the forum.
Mainly I think so I can at least get it off my chest.

I've also sent several emails to ticketmaster but all I get are the general circulars.

AND I still have no tickets.

Firstly it was the demand on the web site and then the codes not working. At about this time last night TM emailed to say that one problem preventing some of us reaching the purchase page was my security software. So I disabled it, and from this morning up to now I have been trying but all I get offered is 1 ticket. If I apply for Best Available, 2 3 or 4 tickets none are available.

Is this only me ???

I am still not sure if I want further stress by trying when sale opens for all at 9 am UK time.

But part of me wants to beat this system. Part of me wants the 40 bucks back!
But I'm puzzled as to what will be even available for 18th June when sale opens to all??

I expect to see 19th added. Most dodgy agenst sites had teh 18th and 19th listed for London anyway.... how do they know.

Back
Top Bottom