Who's going and who isn't

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Are you going to any U2 concerts on this tour?

• Yes! Thery are coming to my town!!

Votes: 25 30.9%
  • Yes! I'll travel anywhere!

Votes: 35 43.2%
  • Yes! They are coming to my town AND I'm going to travel to see other shows too!!

Votes: 12 14.8%
  • No. They aren't coming anywhere close and I can't/won't travel to see them.

Votes: 10 12.3%
  • No. I can't afford it/it's scheduled for a time I can't possibly go.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • No. Not really interested. (You better explaing yourself in the thread, buster!!)

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • No. Hate U2, don't know why I'm visiting this site anyway.

Votes: 2 2.5%

• Total voters

indra

ONE love, blood, life
So...who's going to catch U2 in concert...and who isn't.

If you are seeing them, are you traveling far or are you able to catch them locally (or both)? If you aren't seeing them, is it because you don't want to, or because you just can't swing it this time (travel, money, time woes)?

I'm going. I will have to travel more than 2 hours to see them when they play the Twin Cities (assuming they play Minneapolis/St. Paul on the third leg, which I'm sure will happen barring a major disaster), but that's nothing compared to what a lot of people have to travel to see them.

I'm not going to more than one show, though. That would involve massive travel and $ for me. I never really saw the point of going to more than one show on a tour anyway.

Put me in the "I'll travel anywhere" category. I'm in Florida, and since the Miami show got bumped back, I'm having to travel to see them on the first leg.

As of now, not going. I am not willing to travel a minimum of 10 hours, take time off work, pay for tickets and hotel to see a show.

I work hard, I'd rather take a real vacation in May, and that's exactly what I'll do.

When/if they come to Toronto, I will go see them here, as I work about a 20 minute walk from the venue and it will cost me nothing except the tickets to do so.

I'm going. They're coming to New York, hopefully fthere would be more shows. I'm willing to travel, but only to New Jersey. I only saved money for the tour, not for hotels rooms and the like.

Last edited:
In Florida. Cant trek all over the country with a new born to see them. I hope there is a third Leg and they make it back to tampa or miami then.
If not I'll send out a virtual bitchslap to Bono and the boys

But hey theres always hope, right? :yes: :yes: :scream: :yes: :yes:

I wish I could travel anywhere! But I will make one trip to Denver for the show and a vacation in April. And then I will hopefully catch all Boston shows here at home.

Rest assured, there is a third leg. I've talked to Glenda (I think was her name) at U2.com and she said there is and you can use your pre sale password for it too. I was gonna travel to Chicago, but they should be coming to Detroit on the Third Leg so I'ma wait for that! :yes:

I am going to Philly as well and will take the train up to NYC the following saturday.

I'm considering flying from Houston up to NYC to see them b/c I have a friend that lives up there. But only if I can get great tickets or GA. Otherwise, will wait for them to come to Texas.

Can't go, getting married the week they come to my area, not happy about that timing. Big waste of 40 bucks with the stupid fanclub.

Andy

I would like to see a show, but I'm not sure if it will be possible. I can't travel all over the place doing this, even if I had the $$, I'm not sure I have the endurance. Four years ago I didn't have arthritic knees. Now that's an issue. Another fan is having the same problem, she's not sure how to plan her concert plans because of the arthritis/comfort issue, either. Tylenol will only kill so much pain, and yes, that's concrete in the GA area and you'll be there for hours. Also I have a stress-induced virus right now. You can't play tricks on your body. Not everyone is going to agree with my line of reasoning, which is that I'm not sure it's God's will for me to see U2 again. I would love it, but it's not the end of the world if I don't. There should have been an "I'm not sure" in this poll. The fact of the matter is that U2 are not as young as they used to be, this has got to be an issue for them as well. There's only so much they can do.

Last edited:
I've never seen them and I am smack in between the Anaheim Pond and the Staples Center. So, we'll see what happens on Sunday when I stand in line at Ticketmaster.

Just a roll of the dice! :wink:

And, Verte, I have the same problems with arthritis. So I can understand your reasoning. :hug:

I have a list and hopefully I'll be going to all 3 for now and more in the Fall. I couldn't go to Elevation. They only came to MN once. I also didn't have the $ or the people to travel to see them the last time. I have both this time around and nothing is going to stop me from going to the shows I want to go to...unless I don't get tickets...but I will :D

There is no way I can stand at a concert anymore. My knees hurt like hell after a few mins of me standing. :no: Last time I stood at a show it was for Elevation in Toronto and I was in so much pain that I was wishing that my circulation would cut off so I wouldn't feel the pressure anymore. Anyway so no GA for me EVER.

Hehe, they're traveling to both my towns. :) Well, 3 hours away from one, but close enough.

Of course they're not coming to KC on the first leg. (Nobody ever does.) Hopefully they'll swing by after Europe when they've warmed up quite a bit and everything's more developed in the live setting. In a way I'm glad they're not coming here yet, because I don't have the money to see them anyway. :(

I love being really close to the stage when I see bands play, but I hate crowds, and I hate paying a lot for tickets (and I'm old enough that $50 + service fees, etc., is a lot! :grumpy: ), so I won't even consider going.

Plus I'm trying to save up to go to Australia in November (I'm pretty sure that's the time -- unfortunately, that isn't looking so great either... :( )

i'm flying down to San Diego for the openning night. i live in Sacramento, CA, so it's not a long flight. i'm also going to the San Jose 4/9 and possibly 4/10 (if they add it).

Back
Top Bottom