Who's going and who isn't

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Are you going to any U2 concerts on this tour?

• Yes! Thery are coming to my town!!

Votes: 25 30.9%
  • Yes! I'll travel anywhere!

Votes: 35 43.2%
  • Yes! They are coming to my town AND I'm going to travel to see other shows too!!

Votes: 12 14.8%
  • No. They aren't coming anywhere close and I can't/won't travel to see them.

Votes: 10 12.3%
  • No. I can't afford it/it's scheduled for a time I can't possibly go.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • No. Not really interested. (You better explaing yourself in the thread, buster!!)

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • No. Hate U2, don't know why I'm visiting this site anyway.

Votes: 2 2.5%

• Total voters
I can understand the concern about standing through a show. The week before the Brooklyn show, I had a suspected blood clot in one of my calves. Thankfully, it wasn't a clot, just some kind of muscloskeletal thing that I never did get a diagnosis on. I was worried about the standing, but I did manage to stand on line, then waiting for the show, then the show itself...it was about 3-1/2 hours worth.
My knees are bad, but I still think I'm going to try for GA. I'll have to get shoes with plenty of support, pop some Advil and just hope for the best.
Oh, and as far as the show itself...I'm trying for one of the NJ dates.

1st Leg:
San Diego
NYC

2nd leg:
London, UK

3rd leg (certain variables assumed):
Montreal (all shows)
Boston

Jon

I am super fortunate enough to live in Orange County, CA. 45 minutes from L.A. (plus 1 hour for crappy traffic), 2 hours from San Diego (with crappy traffic) and literally down the street and about 5 minutes from the Arrowhead Pond.

My best friend's all time favorite band is Depeche Mode, and she's seen them 11 times in concert. I've only been to 8 U2 shows.

This will give me a chance to tie the score!

YEAH!

What is it about this band that brings this out in me?!

As it stands now, I may not see U2 at all this year. I'm really upset/annoyed at the whole U2.com/Fanfire debacle-in-progress. (Even after they sent me my shiny metal membership card today...) Like others in this thread, I'm lousy with arthritis, but my main problem is in the lower back. You do NOT want arthritis in your hip or spine, trust me. I unload trucks for a living, and I'm totally okay doing all that heavy lifting, pallet hauling, etc. Sitting down for more than five minutes presents a major problem. I'm going to a concert in St. Louis next month, and I really hope I'm able to get out of the truck by myself when I get there. Driving 10 hours to Chicago is out of the question, so is paying God knows how much for a plane ticket. I am really, really upset at my favorite band right now. Maybe they'll play near me in the fall... but maybe they won't. If they're going to schedule so few concerts, so scattered at the ends of the country, I think they oughtta just pull a Celine Dion and set up shop in Las Vegas for a few months. From the Fanfire problems to the rumors that are allowed to run wild and never be addressed to the borderline fraudulent wording of ticket promises on U2.com... I'm really just disgusted with the whole mess right now. Not going. Not happy.

C.

can't talk about the third leg cause i dont know where their going. But anyway, today I'm buying:

NY - MADISON SQUARE (golden circle tickets)
BOSTON (GA)

when the reg. sale comes around, try to get my hands on the Chicago show.

:shrug:
I don't know yet, depends on the ticket/travel prices in European shows. (and other factors)

I found two concert agency's sites here in Slovenia that provide travel, hotel accomodations, tickets... one will go to the Vienna show, the other to Vienna, Rome, Milan and Munich shows.

I put myself on their waiting list, so I will get new tour info and I will be notified of the official announcing of the ticket/arrangement price before they're put on those sites.

Last edited:
No bastard will be going ANYWHERE at this rate...

ticketmaster...waiting
If you are receiving this notice the current demand on the site is too high to allow you to continue at this moment.

Please wait; this page will automatically refresh and check for access every 10 seconds. When space is available, you will be taken to the next step in the process.

Well, if the ticket price for Vienna/Milan/Munich (I'm passing on Rome as it is a 3day travel and will probably cost more than the others which are all there and back again in one day) is anything like the UK prices I've seen, I'm not going.

If it's like Amsterdam arena prices, I will consider going. 50 EUR is my limit.

Last edited:
i dont think any of us are going the way the European presale is going. It's incredible what is happening.

im going to the european tour opener in belgium ,its only a 2,5- 3 hour drive. I go there with one of my friends who likes u2 as much as I.

I will also go to amsterdam of course ,have to manage the tickets though but at the elevation tour that wasnt a problem. To amsterdam we go (or try to) with a large group of people.Also some of which arent the biggset fans (but ill turn them into fans!)

The nice thing is thats there is a month in between so you can enjoy and anticipate at the same time...

Are there more people going to the brussels show (i see a lot of people going to the english shows but not that many for belgium)

Back
Top Bottom