Whos Getting Seriously Pissed!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dudester

Babyface
how long has it been since the announcment of the postponment??. this is farking rediculous. it doesnt take much to make at least some sort of announcement

When I saw the “pissed” I thought you meant getting drunk on a Saturday night :drunk:

As to the tour, what tour?? My paid ticket is my souvenir. :angry:

Down Under said:
When I saw the “pissed” I thought you meant getting drunk on a Saturday night :drunk:

Exactly. :drunk: It's only 8:45AM on Saturday here, so I'm not getting pissed at the moment.....:wink:

Can we combine all the "Woe is me, I'm pissed off, it's been 2 months, Bono's a shithead, think of Edge's daughter, but they could at least make an announcement, you're a heartless creep, well I paid good money for these and have to make plans, woe is me" threads??

Oh wait....they all get closed because people get bitchy...:huh:

Bono goes back to Africa, Edge plays with musicians in New Orleans, nothing heard from Adam and Larry.

Bono also cut his hair too, maybe that's a sign...

Utoo said:

Exactly. :drunk: It's only 8:45AM on Saturday here, so I'm not getting pissed at the moment.....:wink:

Can we combine all the "Woe is me, I'm pissed off, it's been 2 months, Bono's a shithead, think of Edge's daughter, but they could at least make an announcement, you're a heartless creep, well I paid good money for these and have to make plans, woe is me" threads??

:yes: exactly! sheesh..:huh:

I know this sounds a bit mean, but if this tour had been postponed and it was in north america..is it just me who thinks we would have heard something by now?!

theu2fly said:
Bono goes back to Africa, Edge plays with musicians in New Orleans, nothing heard from Adam and Larry.

Bono also cut his hair too, maybe that's a sign...

adam is getting married , how can ya forget :huh:

Tania said:

Interesting article, thanks for posting that. Tells me that maybe there is more involved with getting the new dates going besides Edge's daughter (assuming thats who it was). Logistics, insurance, gear, etc.....

Its pretty obvious U2 are tentatively planning to make up the shows at the end of the year. I dont think they want to announce anything until they are 100% sure they are going to do them. Can you imagine if they announced the dates and had to cancel again? People would lose thier minds. Waiting until they know for sure is the best thing when you really look at the situation. Anyway, werent the original dates announced and tickets put on sale only a couple of months before the shows? If you apply the same to the new dates I wouldnt expect to hear anything until around September or October. :shrug:

Utoo said:

:lmao:

dudester said:
how long has it been since the announcment of the postponment??. this is farking rediculous. it doesnt take much to make at least some sort of announcement

All 4 of your posts are about how "pissed" you are, we get the point.

I know the people who werent due to be going to these gigs are all 'oh well give them time' but the thing is for the people that had planned holidays around this, and have got to book flights and stuff..we're all wearing a bit thin. Okay i know its our own faults for booking the holidays..u2 didnt make us..but all this time and not even a word? Its not fair and everyone knows it!

partygirlvox said:
Its not fair and everyone knows it!

It's also probably out of their hands at the moment. What would you like them to say? "We're working on it" That won't satisfy you. They'll announce something, when they have something to announce.

partygirlvox said:
I know the people who werent due to be going to these gigs are all 'oh well give them time' but the thing is for the people that had planned holidays around this, and have got to book flights and stuff..we're all wearing a bit thin. Okay i know its our own faults for booking the holidays..u2 didnt make us..but all this time and not even a word? Its not fair and everyone knows it!

So what is it you want them to do exactly? Announce dates that they are not sure they can do yet so you can plan your trip again and book it. What would you do if they did that, you planned it, and then they found they couldnt do it and cancelled again? Would that make you happier?

I understand the frustration and the wanting to know. But nothing is being announced because there is nothing to announce yet. Its that simple. I'm not sure what is so unfair about that? :huh:

Im not too bothered about dates being announced, but maybe some sort of confirmation that they are still going ahead with the tour from u2.com. I think it was unfair of bono (i know this isnt personally his fault, he could have been told by people to say this, i dont know) to say he would be announcing dates so soon..when they havent. It gave people false hope, and it is that which i think is making people angry now.
Im trying not to be angry, and it is better that they dont announce it until they are absolutely sure of dates..i just wish they console us!

The thing that gets me at the moment is that I have $350 sitting in someone else's bank account earning someone else money(and yes alot of you have more than that sitting in Mr Coppels bank account). I don't mind the fact that we don't have dates (even though I would like them!!), it bugs me the fact the Mr Coppel is sitting on so much money of someone elses at the moment and he is indeed happy sitting there.... What I want to know is how long is our money going to sit there......just either gives us some new dates or cancel the shows........

Well at least we know that the venues HAVE been booked... That Herald Sun article said of two dates at Telstra Dome, and the Sunday Mail here in SA said several dates had been booked tentatively for the Adelaide concert.
Just remember there's still 6 months to go, and the original Tour News for March broke 4 months before the concerts. So while we're all getting worried there's no need to be.
Having said that though, i really really want to hear dates soon.

Re: Re: Whos Getting Seriously Pissed!!

BonoVoxSupastar said:

All 4 of your posts are about how "pissed" you are, we get the point.
how bout you piss off then

partygirlvox said:
Im not too bothered about dates being announced, but maybe some sort of confirmation that they are still going ahead with the tour from u2.com. I think it was unfair of bono (i know this isnt personally his fault, he could have been told by people to say this, i dont know) to say he would be announcing dates so soon..when they havent. It gave people false hope, and it is that which i think is making people angry now.
Im trying not to be angry, and it is better that they dont announce it until they are absolutely sure of dates..i just wish they console us!

I think that's fair -- a "we're working on it, thanks so much for your patience" post on U2.com would do it for me.

Btw, Adam is getting married NEXT year, not this year (go back and read the original announcement) so that wouldn't be a factor in rescheduling the tour.

partygirlvox said:

I understand where you're coming from, however I think Bono got played by a double standard. Everyone was demanding they make some sort of statement, so he went ahead, did us all a favor, and said they were working on it, probably November and would try to release the dates ASAP and now everyone's pissed again because nothing came as a result of that statement. I do think he spoke too soon, BUT if he hadn't said anything back then, can't you imagine everyone making the same arguments then that they are now? That there's been no announcement, not even an unofficial one and yadda yadda yadda... All these threads just prove you're damned if you do, damned if you don't.

I also agree with Blue Room. In the end, it's NOT up to Bono, Larry, Adam, Edge, and U2.com to be making "official" statements. There's a lot more to it than simply them decided where and when to tour. People have mentioned in other threads that there are already huge tours of other bands booked through the new year, plus sporting events and regular sporting seasons that use the same venues. Not to mention U2 has to get their crew back and deal with sorting out all their gear. If they made a statement now, it would be just as ambiguous as Bono's initial statement and people would get even more pissed off.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

That there's been no announcement, not even an unofficial one and yadda yadda yadda... All these threads just prove you're damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Yep you're right. I think theres no point in any of us getting all het up about it - theres nothing the band can do yet, and hey u2.com never do the right thing! Its just useless getting angry - a waste of time over something which couldnt be helped and we have to start remembering that it was postponed for a reason. I was being all positive back then when i first heard the news so im going to try and continue that positive thinking and not keep going on about them announcing dates. It would be nice though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom