Who no longer is a U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
have not got one single ticket off the general sale and i went through hell with the presale just to get some tickets i didn't want.

but proud to say.....u2 fan til I die!!!!!

martha said:

You have to grow really long wings and fly over Russia. I do it all the time. :shrug:

You're telling me I grew that dorsel fin for nothing then?

I will say this: If my Vancouver presale shuts me out, if my general sale kicks me in the balls, I will find the appropriate U2 songs to reflect this mood and play it loud! :yes:

I am a bitter U2 fan... but still a U2 fan. I just haven't been able to listen to them for a week. I am sure that when this all gets straightened out I will be back to my normal diet of U2 tunage. Just not right now - I am sulking... and angry... and disappointed... and...:( and :angry: and :reject: and:tsk: and:confused:

username said:
I am a bitter U2 fan... but still a U2 fan. I just haven't been able to listen to them for a week. I am sure that when this all gets straightened out I will be back to my normal diet of U2 tunage. Just not right now - I am sulking... and angry... and disappointed... and...:( and :angry: and :reject: and:tsk: and:confused:

I'm right there with you username. Tonight was the first night since the presale that I actually listened to one of their tunes, but I'm continually reminded about this week's crapfest. I bought the membership too, and still came out with nothing. If I am lucky enough to go to one of the shows, I think it will take that long before listening to their music and feeling good about them.

Just to clarify, I do not place full blame on the individual band members for this, but they are the 'common denominator'. Hard to be a fan at the moment when the fanclub lets you down like this.

Last edited:
Roland of Gilead said:
I will say this: If my Vancouver presale shuts me out, if my general sale kicks me in the balls, I will find the appropriate U2 songs to reflect this mood and play it loud! :yes:
:up:

Still a fan.

In fact, I put the Slane DVD on yesterday just to remind myself what's all about. Whatever shittyness has occured on the ticket sales, it's because they are one mean mutha live band and everyone wants to see them.

It's all about the music. You could even say it was a "musical journey".

:wink:

I hear ya Mofo.

Smidge, I am trying to think like you, but I feel like the fan club thing was a cheap way to let us down. And, if it was truly a matter of U2.com being taken advantage of by scalpers and insiders that misused the system, then I expected an apology and something to be done by the band, management, or the website to show us some sympathy. That's where I fell let down. With no explanation from any of the above, I feel that my mind is left to wonder about what really happened here. And to add insult to injury, I go on eBay and see thousands of tickets (that we should have had access to!!!) selling for hundreds over face value. I feel like emailing all of the sellers to f@#k off and die. No matter how immature a concept it is, I still feel cheated.

*That said, I could probably be won over with a sincere apology and something to show that they care about what happened (whatever that may be... just SOMETHING).

Something is being done. U2 recalled a bunch of GA tix from ETS so they could be sold to the fans at face value. Extra dates have been added. Plus they're reportedly working on the scalpers on eBay.

Back
Top Bottom