Who has sold a ticket on ebay and made a profit?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm assuming that everyone who sold for a profit will be claiming those as earnings on your income taxes next year? heh

Forget buying from ebay.

Listen up you lot!

The touts outside the concerts are cheaper AND the prices go down the longer you wait to buy them - heck, if you miss the first couple of tracks you'll get them at face value because they ain't gonna sell them AFTER the gig has finished!!!!

Who cares if you pay the touts an extra 50!!!
For f*cks sake you get the chance to see your band play live.
U2 are a living legend.

Don't buy big macs for a month and you'll have the extra to buy off a tout!

And if you're a student who "can't afford blah blah balh..." then don't f*cking drink for a month and save the dosh!!!!!

Listen to me - YOU WILL GET TICKETS OUTSIDE EVRY BLOODY VENUE SO BUY THEM AND GO AND SEE THE GREATEST BAND IN THE WORLD YOU ONLY LIVE ON THIS SHITTY LITTLE PLANET ONCE.

peace.

u2_england said:
Forget buying from ebay.

Listen up you lot!

The touts outside the concerts are cheaper AND the prices go down the longer you wait to buy them - heck, if you miss the first couple of tracks you'll get them at face value because they ain't gonna sell them AFTER the gig has finished!!!!

U2 are a living legend.

And if you're a student who "can't afford blah blah balh..." then don't f*cking drink for a month and save the dosh!!!!!

Listen to me - YOU WILL GET TICKETS OUTSIDE EVRY BLOODY VENUE SO BUY THEM AND GO AND SEE THE GREATEST BAND IN THE WORLD YOU ONLY LIVE ON THIS SHITTY LITTLE PLANET ONCE.

peace.

:up: (me likes bold statements) :D

You could however also spend the night in the streets to be the first in line for tickets during the general sales, or go live in a tiny country where they know how to arrange an internet pre-sale properly ;)

u2_england said:
Forget buying from ebay.

Listen up you lot!

U2 are a living legend.

peace.

why not don't eat for a month... or maybe go to jail and u can save alot of $$$

As an ebay buyer, my opinion is that it is the system that causes this problem. I don't blame U2 for having to pay three times face value for tickets. I blame ticketmaster and the broker/scalper community. I know that if every purchase was an honest fan wanting to see a great band perform that these tickets would not sell out quite as fast (but still pretty fast). I slept in an hour late last Saturday and there was one ticket left in the whole darn arena! :mad:
My reason for sleeping in late is that I like the nightlife too much. As a college student i'm sending the tab to my parents as an early birthday present. :D
My overall impression of this experience is that U2 is not a poor man's band. :(

like i said in the last e-bay is evil thread...

i had a behind the stage ticket for the san diego opener that i wanted to use but no longer could... i tried to get rid of it on interference for either trade or face value, found no serious takers. i didn't want to get stuck with it, so when it got within 2 1/2 weeks of the show, up on e-bay it went. ironicly after i posted it on e-bay someone e-mailed me looking to buy it. :shrug:

yes... i made a profit off the ticket.

no... i'm not sorry.

i bought 4 tickets for Pgh and then ended up finding 4 better, so I have 8. Heck, i'm going to try to sell the extra 4 for somewhat of a profit somewhere, why not? It's a sold out show and I can make a profit. I love U2 as much as the next guy, but it's business! Maybe I'll get to go for less than $160 now! Supply and Demand! It's not like I snatched up 20 for the purpose of profit.

I've got an idea instead of adding to the scalping problem and selling them for higher prices when YOU know how much it would piss you off why dodn't you just sell them on ebay with a buy it now price of the face value??? I seriusly condem the act of selling U2 tickets on ebay for the profit. Even if you can't get you should be fair to others! shame on you!

u2_england said:
Forget buying from ebay.

Listen up you lot!

This is so, so true!! All you have to do is even wait until an hour or two before the show - prices will be driven down to face value.

Here in Houston, I managed to win only one floor seat to the 10/28 concert. I must say that (*shame*) because I got only one ticket I decided to sell it on e-bay. Even though I started the auction cheap the price has gotten almost ridiculously out of hand even for one ticket. I'm not sure what to do - go through with the sale or not. I can't believe these people: the show is still 6 months away!

Anyway, my plan is if I'm free on 10/28 I will go to the venue and try to buy tix the day of the show.

obviously if you put up anything decent for the shows in socali, you're going to make a profit. Who would put up tickets for sale for those shows on Ebay, and put a limit, like "this auction will end when $50 is reached." Not likely.

while i haven't put any of my tix into the resale market, i think the situation is entirely different if you put the tix on ebay and people OFFER (by bidding) to pay exhorbitant amounts for them. what sucks is when you have scalpers out there who are ASKING 10x the face value of the ticket. i guess it's semantics, but the latter is frustrating.

Noopie said:
Huh....I thought I was a true U2 fan (buying everything released, listening to the music obsessively, going to multiple concerts, making interference my start page, etc...), however I didn't get the GA like I wanted and was willing to shell out up to a personal limit over face value (by choice)..... apparently this means I'm just a fly-by-night yuppy fan.

Ok so let me join in on this conversation. Here is what I have done. I have two tickets to the Pittsburgh show, but when I informed my wife that I got them, she informed me that since I will be attending the Philly show that sunday, and the two DC shows that wed and thurs, that if I go on sat to Pittsburgh, I might as well stay there, I am forced to sell. So what I am doing is posting them on ebay with a reserve as the face value (actually a bit lower considering shipping costs). I set it as a three day auction (in hopes that it will not grow too large). I chose to do ebay since there is security in place for the seller to insure not getting screwed. If someone ends up bidding higher than face, that is their perogitive (spelling?). However my intention is to avoid too much of a scalping. I was going to do a buy it now auction but dont have enough feedback yet (I am an ebay newbie). Anyway, I am trying to avoid scalping to the best of my ability but if it happens, then it happens. I will say that it woudl be hard for me to sell the two tickets for much over face value as I do despise scalpers. If that is the case I may have to get a friend to bid against the others just to avoid scalping. I am not trying to profit off of these tickets, I am simply trying to recoup my costs.

Ok just my $.02.

Why did you quote my post in that reply? I'm for eBay, not against it.

----edit

My original post was in response to someone who said that anybody who buys tickets off of eBay is just a fly-by-night yuppy fan.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom