Who has gotten tickets day of show?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

techfire

Acrobat
From this tour, 5 shows in, who has gone to the arena and gotten tickets. I'm wondering on how long the wait was before you got tickets, if it was a big release or a few here then a few later in the day? Please share experience.

I just got a single nosebleed thru Ticketmaster for tonights show!

Looks like they are releasing a few at a time in different areas. I've seen one lower level and one mid level come up also.

Usually, no matter who the artist is, hundreds of tickets are released in the days leading up to the show. This is for a number of reasons.

1. Band/tour entourage release tickets that go back in the pool.
2. They show up with the stage and see that they can add a few heads.
3. Venue releases VIP/season ticket holder tickets back into the pool.
4. Rejected credit cards result in released tickets.

Etc...

Last edited:
Anaheim1 tickets were being sold for a good hour or so up to 8:30
Anaheim 2 they didnt start selling them until after 8:00. I got into A1 with a ticket I bought near the box office for cost. I also sold a GA for cost for SD2, again near the box office.

Gnaggle< 04-06-2005 05:30 PM -
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I stood in line at 845 AM for anaheim II and by 1230 I walked to my car with 4 GA
Since no PM Did you arrive day of at venue ?
and purchased them when the people behind ticket window told you suddenley they are releasing them?
Thanks I await your response we all do....
#2 What about the quan lmt of 2 GA's

GA tix still available

On the day of Anaheim II I arrived in the line at the box office amid scalpers and fans. I was about 25th in line and waited for 3 hours and 15 minutes until 12pm when the box office announced they were releasing U2 tickets that had become available. After scalpers cut in line I was about 35th in line and by 1230 pm I had 4, yes 4 GA tix!!!

My guess is that the band must wait for approval from the firemarshall before they can determine how many ppl they can squeze into the GA floor. I guess ticket availability would depend on the particular city, but 154 GA tix were sold before I went up to the line. My guess is that at least 200 were available because everyone in line by 10am got tickets. I was there an hour and 15 min. earlier of course.

So, this is great news to U2 fans, and my advice, since more people will find out about this, is to arrive in line as early as possible with lots of water, light clothing, a beach chair, and plenty of time to kill.

Perhaps it would be a good idea to try and get in line by 7 am? Although the scalpers started arriving at 10. JUST MAKE SURE TO BE TOUGH ON SCALPERS CUTTING IN LINE AND MAKE SURE THERE ARE EVENT STAFF PRESENT TO SUPERVISE!!!!! I WAS SO MAD!!

Oh, by the way, for anaheim I I was told the GA limit was 2 tix, but 4 for anaheim II......interesting.....perhaps they had a huge schload of tickets for anaheim II?

Wow, I can't stop thinking about Anaheim II. The days events will stand out as one of the memorable experiences of my lifetime. I saw one of the greatest bands, and also the biggest band in the world, right up against the rail at the middle of the catwalk. Little did I know waking up that morning that I would see a third show this tour, right up front next to bono and larry as love and peace started the show! This show was definitley better than SD 1 and 2.

gnagle said:
Wow, I can't stop thinking about Anaheim II. The days events will stand out as one of the memorable experiences of my lifetime. I saw one of the greatest bands, and also the biggest band in the world, right up against the rail at the middle of the catwalk. Little did I know waking up that morning that I would see a third show this tour, right up front next to bono and larry as love and peace started the show! This show was definitley better than SD 1 and 2.

1 - Rehersal
2 - SD 2
3 - SD 1
4 - Ana 2
5 - Ana 1

I got into the box office line for Anaheim 2 at noon. They had just started selling tickets at that time. We were last in a line of about 150 people. GAs sold out fast and scalpers seemed to buy quite a lot of them. They stopped selling tickets around 2PM and then started selling at 6:30. We got 400 level seats at that time but were happy.

This is good news, my Wife and I are going 2 the Tampa show, and I wanted 2 get a ticket for my little 16 year old bro, who's become xtremely taken w/ U2 in the last couple of years, but I could get NONE during the general sale, but there's hope yet! This would be perfect, since his B-Day is just DAYS after the show, early B-Day present.... we'll C!

I stood in line for coldplay at the garden a couple years ago for day of show tickets.....but there werent any people cutting in line.

How do these scalpers get to gyp in line?

04-10-2005 10:48 PM -
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I stood in line for coldplay at the garden a couple years ago for day of show tickets.....but there werent any people cutting in line.

How do these scalpers get to gyp in line?

People Let them In
Audience Police and Cooperation let's Enforce w/ our mouths not w/ our Fists well only if they throw the first punch.

Seriously Folks when they start to cut .get loud because if one does and you let it go more do it.
If you get loud like WHAT ARE YOU DOING ? We have a line>>>
It gets security really quick.
It works try it ........

So, if I stand in line at the box office, I would then have to go to the BACK of the GA line after I am done purchasing tickets...?? Heh?

phoenix tixs close to stage are showing up on ticketmaster's website. ebay still has the best last minute deals though.

So,
I was checking out TM for GLendale (no chance of going)
It seemed like a lot of seats then dropped for the rest of the West till Chicago.
anyone else Did they drop several stops at once last time ,I am
waiting on the drop in Boston and trying to best estimate when to focus on the Goal w/out loosing my job or Family (pouring hrs of bouncing in /out of TM
care to chime in
Back to Work 4 now

2heartsboston said:
So,
I was checking out TM for GLendale (no chance of going)
It seemed like a lot of seats then dropped for the rest of the West till Chicago.
anyone else Did they drop several stops at once last time ,I am
waiting on the drop in Boston and trying to best estimate when to focus on the Goal w/out loosing my job or Family (pouring hrs of bouncing in /out of TM
care to chime in
Back to Work 4 now

Keep checking, a few weeks before Anaheim I started checking the TM website, Denver released a big block, then San Diego followed then BAM, Anaheim released some later that day, got GA's 2 weeks before the show.

some 300s available for 4/20 Denver and some 100s and 300s available for 4/21 Denver on Ticketmaster right now

Last edited:
Thanks for the great info. I've got tics for Oak 1, but can't afford some for Oak 2 yet. I'm thinking of going back to the venue the day of the show if I can to score some. Thanks for all the great tips. And definetly getting loud about scalpers cutting in line works. I've experienced this in trying to get tickets for other shows and the louder you get the more security will get irritated and pay attention to what is going on.

So folks what is the Update please shair your last minute drop satoies and be specific anyone got lucky on the phone just daYS/HRS PRIOR TO THE GIG?

THAT TODDLIN TOWN CHICAGO IS...

BUT ME I AM WAITING ON THE Boston drop....peace

Back
Top Bottom