Who has figured out the ellipse?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ummm--any help would be nice since I havent gone to a show yet.....

How certain are you there is actually a pattern? 2 shows is still an assumption in my opinion, but that would rock if the assumption turned out to be fact! I'm curious how long you will make everyone bite their nails before unleashing this powerful information.

The only trick I've heard about is to show up late, rather than early. Posted somewhere around here a few days back...

No trick.

Purely random.

Odds depend on the number of GA's sold for an event.

If 400 people get into the Ellipse, and there are 4,000 GA's - a one in ten chance is not too bad.

I haven't yet experienced the 'lottery' for myself yet, but would love a headstart for when i eventually get the chance :wink:

nbcrusader said:
No trick.

Purely random.

Odds depend on the number of GA's sold for an event.

If 400 people get into the Ellipse, and there are 4,000 GA's - a one in ten chance is not too bad.
Yes

4,000 on floor and 400 in Ellipse. 1 and 10

If you have one friend, that doubles your opportunities.

I am attending 2 shows in the Fall, so, 4 in 10 / 2 in 5 chance that I will get to be in the Ellipse.

I have a feeling being a solo GA ticket holder will make you a popular person. Knowing somebody in this position increases your odds.

trojanchick99 said:
A group of three is even better. :shifty: I haven't heard of a group of 3 getting split up yet.

I think it is good that some groups are not split.

On the other hand, I hate the fact that the policy is not uniform.

If it keeps up that way, it makes the solo people all the more attractive, since they have the power to admit two people.

I really just want the lottery to go away.

Nathan

PM_Tango said:

Yes

I am attending 2 shows in the Fall, so, 4 in 10 / 2 in 5 chance that I will get to be in the Ellipse.

Actually, bringing a friend, there is still just a 2 in 10 chance that you will get in....for each night you attend.

Westport said:

Actually, bringing a friend, there is still just a 2 in 10 chance that you will get in....for each night you attend.

I was talking about my odds for getting one night in the Ellipse. I understand that the odds are 1 in 5 per night.

I have four shots to see the light go off.

I am not hoping on getting to be in Ellipse both nights, one night would be ok.

Last edited:
Your odds don’t double with another chance. (1/5 = 2X 1/10). It is not that simple to figure out. By that logic, holding 10 tickets would guarantee you entry at least once (1/1 = 10X 1/10).

Extending the argument, you could conceivably have 3600 tickets each night and NOT get in. By definition, 3600 will not get in each night.

If the chance is 1/5 that you get in on a given night, the chances you get in on at least one out of two nights is 9/25.

Back
Top Bottom