Who bought the vintage tour shirts?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

techfire

Acrobat
I stayed away from these shirts, I wasn't about to pay $50 for a T shirt. But looking at the tour shirts on the U2 web site, I see the Unforgettable Fire tour shirt. I didn't see this shirt at the shows I attended, Anahiem and L.A., did anyone see this shirt at their show? I loved this shirt when I was a teenager, it was my first U2 concert shirt and I lost it years ago, I'm hoping they sell it in the fall. Did anyone buy it, how's the quality?

i knew someone that bought it. it was definitely top quality, but it better be for 90 bucks

True that, I would've taken better care of my UF tour shirt if I had known I'd be paying $50 20 years later.

50 bucks on the website is a great deal. they were 90 bucks if you bought them at the show.

i always heard the reason they cost 90 dollars was because they were part of a limited collection, and individually numbered or something. and now they are selling them on the website? i guess they werent so "limited" after all...

Were they really $90 at the show? Wow, I may have to purchase via the web site. The regular tour shirts were $35 at the show and now they're $30, is it possible the vintage shirts were discounted $40? I may have to look harder for my UF tour shirt from 20 years ago.

Yeah, all vintage tshirts were 90 bucks if you bought them at the show. I don't know why they got dropped down to 50 on the website, maybe they are trying to get rid of them, but it seemed like people were snatching them up at the concerts.

The tour posters have been dropped from 10 dollars to 5 dollars too. I may have to get one of those.

I see that, I thought they were $5 at the show, but I wasn't paying much attention to anything except all the hot chicks...so you're probably right.

im tempted to get the UF shirt. it has the tour date for ottawa's last show on there.

Here are a few of my early U2 shirts

1983u201a.thumb.jpg
1983u201b.thumb.jpg

1984u201a.thumb.jpg
1984u201b.thumb.jpg

1984u202a.thumb.jpg
1984u202b.thumb.jpg

You can see all my concert shirts here:
http://www.chrisedge.com/photos/tshirts

Chrisedge said:
Here are a few of my early U2 shirts

1983u201a.thumb.jpg
1983u201b.thumb.jpg

1984u201a.thumb.jpg
1984u201b.thumb.jpg

1984u202a.thumb.jpg
1984u202b.thumb.jpg

You can see all my concert shirts here:
http://www.chrisedge.com/photos/tshirts

I saw your shirts in your link, dude that's alot of shirts! Sadly I was a young teenager during the War/UF & Joshua Tree tours, so I was only able to buy 1 shirt for each show, or maybe 2 from the scalper shirts outside for $5 each. I saw some that I had, including the Tempe tank top from '87 ($5 tickets), I should've taken better care of my gear...they're gone now.

I don't think the vintage shirts were made by Edun. I looked at them carefully in Barcelona and the tag had a different brand, which I can't recall now.

In fact there was only one Edun shirt sold there and it was a Vertigo Tour shirt which didn't cost any more than the other Vertigo Tour shirts. (In fact I bought it).

U2girl said:
I read the "90 dollar shirts" were made by Edun.

Unless the $90 shirt was made by Bono, I'm going to have to stick with the cheaper ones. If the money went to the One Campaign or another charity, I'd be all for it, though.

ramblin rose said:

In fact there was only one Edun shirt sold there and it was a Vertigo Tour shirt which didn't cost any more than the other Vertigo Tour shirts. (In fact I bought it).

I bought one of those too. :wave:

Back
Top Bottom