Which songs made you cry during Vertigo leg 1?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

4U2Play

Refugee
Did you cry, weep or sob during any of their songs over the past 2 months?

I'm just wondering if I'm the only wuss in the arena when I start welling up during the intro to Streets...

I've seen that song performed 20+ times over the past 18 years, and yet everytime Larry starts clicking his drumsticks together at the intro (1,2,3,4,5... cymbals) while Brian Eno's synthesizers play over the PA, I get this tremendously euphoric feeling in my chest, the closest thing I feel to pure joy and exhilaration, comparable only to skydiving.

When I first heard "Bad" being played live during the Unforgettable Fire Tour in '84/'85, the same euphoric feeling crept over me and expressed itself as small tears dribbling down my smiling face... I noticed I wasn't the only dude there reacting in the same way.

I havent been to a show yet, but listening to the CDs I have of the shows, SYCMIOYO has made me cry. The song reminds me a lot of my brother... and could very well be a song for him (except the whole "you're the reason why the opera is in me" part).

When I heard the intro of Streets live for the very first time in San Diego, I just lost it.

The worst, though, was during "Bad" on Chicago IV. I was just overcome with so much emotion and beauty, and it was an incredible experience.

OneDesire said:
I havent been to a show yet, but listening to the CDs I have of the shows, SYCMIOYO has made me cry. The song reminds me a lot of my brother... and could very well be a song for him (except the whole "you're the reason why the opera is in me" part).

I edit out "opera is" for "ambition" when singing in the car. :wink:

Awesome question.
I have cryed at u2 shows in the past. This time around I didnt think it was going to happen...mainly because the setlist. Anyway..Philly 2 show was going great nothing emotional out of the ordinary.....
Mysterious ways starts.....Bono brings the girl on stage...no big deal ...but the way she acted was too cute.....anyway.....song ends....great moment then..THE BASS....
wow there it is......the begining of with or without you...unexpected! YES!! so Bono lets her remain on stage and basically sings the entire song to her. Now I feel myself filling up. Then Blamo!! I look at my girlfriend(who is at her first show)..she weeping like a little girl. it was over from there. There i am 29 years old... 6'1" 200 weeping like a little girl.

Ok..make fun of me here i dont care.
Awesome moment..another u2 experience that is impossible to explain.

OK

SYCMOYO did it to me at Boston 3. My son (5) loves that song and had asked me to take a lot of pictures, I was jetlagged and far away from home and they played it really well. Very emotional!

I cried at SYCMIOYO, One, Miracle Drug(that was at the last show and totally unexpected) and Running to Stand Still. I am totally mesmerized when Bono is in silihouette singing that song. I love it!

I got a little weepy at 40 also.

Miracle Drug (at the last show) and Original of the Species at MSG. Don't know why OOTS hit me at this particular show, I think it was that the whole crowd was singing along for the whole song that made it just incredible.

Excerpt from the TV show "Coach"

Coach's daughter's boyfriend starts to cry in his presence because he thinks he doesn't like him...

Coach: "Aw Jeez Stuart don't cry"

Stuart: "Its OK for a man to cry"

Coach: "If your foots caught in a bear trap maybe"

i don't cry, mainly because of my manliness. but if i would have cried, it would have been when U2 played "Bad" at Chicago 1.

COBL really, that's all. Maybe the bridge in Miracle Drug. At the end of Philly II there wasn't a dry eye in the building. :wink:

An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart on Bono's birthday. First it's great to hear this song, then Bono brings up a boy (who looks to exactly the same age as the cover of War kid) and sings "Into the heart of a child." Having just turned 45 myself, I had one one those big "has it really been 25 years, where did the time go" moments.

I'd been to 8 U2 shows prior to my first show of this tour (MSG) and had never even come close to crying before. Then, during SYCMIOYO/Miracle Drug I kind of lost it. RTSS (which I had never seen live before) didn't help matters either. Tears were coming down my cheek and it took all my strenght to keep myself from crying like a little girl--and, really, I AM a little girl. :)

I started crying when the lights when down and the voice started w/"everyone...everyone....everyone", I think that's when it hit me that I was actually about to see u2, live, in person! But that was just momentary tearfulness....I really lost it at the beginning of Streets, I don't even know why but I have been listening to that song for so many years and to finally see and hear and FEEL it live, I was just overwhelmed. I've told this story here before, but I was on the rail at Seattle1 and when Adam walked by during Streets he made eye contact w/me, then did a double take, that's how bad it was, lol!

City of Blinding Lights - every damn time
Miracle Drug - also every damn time

Original of the Species - both shows in Chicago were amazing

Bad/40 combo - I think it being the last show I was going to see on this leg, the combo of the songs - it wasn't just welling up - it was full on crying :reject:

The Fly (yes the fly) - the guitar solo always gets to me

Been to three shows (NJ1, NJ2, NY). Cried during most part of the NJ1-show. Didn't cry at all at NJ2 (I was in a party mood). Cried during COBL, Miracle Drug and Streets at MSG.

OOTS NJ1 - I'm not sure why it hit me like that but....
Miracle Drug also very personal to me.

The first chosurs during Miracle Drug set me off. That was really the only time. I thought Streets would have done it too, but I was quite underwhelmed my it. :sad: That fact alone should have made me cry. ;)

One is an emotional song and with or without you and where the streets, Im going on the 21st of June to Hampden, Glasgow, Scotland with my kids so Im sure I will be welling up. I think their music can change with the mood that your in ie they cheer me up when Im down or if Im needing a good cry it can do that aswell

City of Blinding Lights, Bad, Running to Stand Still, and Sometimes You Can't Make it On Your Own. Running to Stand Still was a surprise tearjerker at Chicago 3 since I'd been okay through the other shows.

Bad at Boston 2...the minute the sequencer started, I was an emotional wreck for the next half hour. :sad:

Back
Top Bottom