Which cities will they add more dates to?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Jazz

The Fly
My guess, based on market size and open days following scheduled performances, is:

Boston
Detroit
Atlanta
Los Angeles
New York
Toronto
Miami
Montreal

Last edited:
Do you expect these dates will be added within minutes of the sale beginning tomorrow, or a few days later?

Trying to guage if I'll be able to score GA's tomorrow in ATL.:wink:

btw, how many shows is NYC getting for gods sake? they'll have like 9 by the time the tour's done, it seems like!

They will probably be added 10-20 minutes after the first dates go on sale.

Once the dates are officially added, they will go on sale with 10 minutes-- don't go to the bathroom!

Keep an eye on the main TM page that shows all the dates. At the top of it is where new dates will be announced-- at least that's how the 1st leg sales went.

My predictions are in italics. Most likely totally wrong, and I've no idea what to do with the huge gaps. Odds are they're breaks for the band, as it appears nothing will fill the early May gap on the first leg.

· 2005-09-12 - Toronto, Ontario - Air Canada Centre
· 2005-09-14 - Toronto, Ontario - Air Canada Centre
Either two more in Toronto or one in Toronto and one in Chicago.
· 2005-09-20 - Chicago, Illinois - United Center
· 2005-09-21 - Chicago, Illinois - United Center
· 2005-09-23 - Minneapolis, Minnesota - Target Center
· 2005-09-25 - Milwaukee, Wisconsin - Bradley Center
- 2005-09-30, Boston
- 2005-10-01, Boston
On the original third leg rumour, those two dates and 3 October were stated.

· 2005-10-03 - Boston, Massachusetts - Fleet Center
· 2005-10-04 - Boston, Massachusetts - Fleet Center
· 2005-10-07 - New York, New York - Madison Square Garden
· 2005-10-08 - New York, New York - Madison Square Garden
· 2005-10-10 - New York, New York - Madison Square Garden
- 2005-10-11 - New York
- 2005-10-13 - New York
- 2005-10-14 - New York

· 2005-10-16 - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania - Wachovia Center
· 2005-10-17 - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania - Wachovia Center
· 2005-10-19 - Washington, District of Columbia - MCI Center
· 2005-10-20 - Washington, District of Columbia - MCI Center
· 2005-10-22 - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania - Mellon Arena
· 2005-10-24 - Detroit, Michigan - Palace Of Auburn Hills
- 2005-10-25 - Detroit
· 2005-10-28 - Houston, Texas - Toyota Center
· 2005-10-29 - Dallas, Texas - American Airlines Arena
· 2005-11-01 - Los Angeles, California - Staples Center
· 2005-11-02 - Los Angeles, California - Staples Center
Probably one more LA date.
· 2005-11-13 - Miami, Florida - American Airlines Arena
- 2005-11-14 - Miami
· 2005-11-16 - Tampa, Florida - St. Pete Times Forum
· 2005-11-18 - Atlanta, Georgia - Philips Arena
- 2005-11-19 - Atlanta
· 2005-11-25 - Ottawa, Ontario - Corel Centre
· 2005-11-26 - Montreal, Quebec - Bell Centre
· 2005-12-07 - Hartford, Conneticut - Civic Center
· 2005-12-09 - Buffalo, New York - HSBC Arena
· 2005-12-10 - Cleveland, Ohio - Gund Arena
· 2005-12-14 - St. Louis, Missouri - Savvis Center
· 2005-12-15 - Omaha, Nebraska - Qwest Center
· 2005-12-17 - Salt Lake City, Utah - Delta Center
· 2005-12-19 - Portland, Oregon - Rose Garden
- 2005-12-20 - Portland

Toronto
New York
LA
Atlanta
Montreal
Boston
Chicago
Portland

Maybe some others in reality they could probably play at least 2 shows at each one of these cities if they wanted to push it in every city.

Toronto seems likely to get 2 more dates, and if it does its the perfect ones to record for DVD release

cmb737 said:

That's what you get for being the reddest of the red states.:wink:

Actually the reddest of the red states are like Oklahoma, Kansas, Alabama, et al. I guess their punishment is getting no U2 show at all. 38% of Texans voted for Kerry so at least some of us "ain't red" :).

matt_tx00 said:

Actually the reddest of the red states are like Oklahoma, Kansas, Alabama, et al. I guess their punishment is getting no U2 show at all. 38% of Texans voted for Kerry so at least some of us "ain't red" :).

thread-jack...

at least oklahoma has a democrat gov. and dem majority in state senate and the reps barely have an edge in the state house... but i digress

My "guess" is that they are not ending the tour in Portland. My guess would be the Bay Area. I doubt Portland is getting 2 shows. They will play a show or two in the Bay Area instead. That may end the tour (in N. America at least). I still think Detroit is getting another show, or possibly the schedule was changed and they are adding a show in a place like Indy between Detroit and Houston.

Toronto is rumored to be getting 4 shows. Montreal will probebly get another as well. I dont think there will be any additional Chicago shows. 6 total.

NY MSG is getting 5 shows.

Last edited:
Blue Room said:
My "guess" is that they are not ending the tour in Portland. My guess would be the Bay Area. I doubt Portland is getting 2 shows. They will play a show or two in the Bay Area instead. That may end the tour (in N. America at least).

I do hope and pray they will end the 3rd leg in the Bay Area. Mid to late December is perfect for Bay Area U2 fans who are still students like me. School winter break is during that time:)

What makes everyone think that U2 is going to make its crew, themselves, and everyone else involved work up until Christmas Eve? U2 has always made their families a priority.

Portland is it. Everything else is rationalized wishful thinking.

cmb737 said:
What makes everyone think that U2 is going to make its crew, themselves, and everyone else involved work up until Christmas Eve? U2 has always made their families a priority.

That makes perfect sense.

cmb737 said:

Not really, they could easily play shows on the 21 and 22nd in the Bay area and everyone would be home in plenty of time for Christmas. Their crew has had to work right up to the holidays on several tours previously also. You may be right, but Portland is an odd place to end the tour and they are grossly underplaying the Bay Area. Just putting two and two together. I guess we will know soon enough.

cmb737 said:

They did play a Lovetown date on 26 December 1989, so yes, they have played extremely close to Christmas before.

Back
Top Bottom