Where were your seats?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OneDesire

Babyface
GA tickets are too high. Unless I come across some inexpensive ones, I'm going to have to get tickets for seats.

So, anyone, please reply. Where did you sit, and what did you think? I heard the seats behind the stage are actually quite good. Are they?

I think I'm going to try for lower level tickets, unless anyone thinks that the upper levels are great. I mean, I know its U2, and its going to be AWESOME... but I just don't want to be in a spot where I'll feel "detatched" from the concert, and feel like just a spectator (I'm afraid the 300s and 400s might be that way)
I don't know if that makes any sense... I want to be able to enjoy the show and get crazy, without feeling like I'm just watching from the sidelines.

Miami, Tampa, or Atlanta... I don't care as long as I can get tickets at a price that isn't ridiculously expensive. Tampa is actually my first choice since it's closest to me, but I'm including Miami and Atlanta in my search as well... Hell, if I can get cheap tickets I'd even fly across the county to see them, as long as I'm not giving a scalper a 500% profit.

Last edited:
I have :) know where the seats are... I just want opinions if people sat in certain areas (upper levels, ect) and how the experience was. I saw Bob Dylan a few years back... I was in the uppers, and I didnt get that whole "concert rush", I felt like I was watching a show on TV or something, lol. Maybe it was just Bob.... lol.

IT IS WAY TOO FAR ahead of time to buy tickets for anything over face value. If there ever is a time at all.

If you still don't have anything a couple of days ahead of time, then start thiking about ebay or a broker. At least wait till the third leg starts! Go for GA's. If you can get em (you should for those venues easily) they are the best bang for the buck, especially if you are looking for that concert rush. You should be able to find GA's for the same price as you are willing to pay for seats...but hold out for face or near face.

Last edited:
I agree with cmb737, wait and get the GA's. You surely won't be disappointed! I think it is the best concert experience.

I've seen U2 plenty of times, and for the recent Philly 2 show, I ended up with seats in section 109.....Way NOT the same as the GA experience.

But again, thats my opinion. Some people do like seats.

But GA's are GREAT!:rockon:

Atlanta GA's are @ $500 on Ebay right now. Im sure Miami is right around there. These are major concert markets. Frankly, the price will probably increase close to the show especially since the southeast didnt see any leg one shows.

My recommendation is to look on Ebay for lower level rear view seats. They will be the best deal. A lot of people unfamiliar with the setup will assume that it is awful to be behind the stage(which will keep the price reasonable) but it is an open set up. I havent personally sat there but its getting rave reviews in the Tour Photos forum.

If you can go to multiple shows, I'd suggest trying to get a wide range of seats. Maybe upper level center for your first show, so you can see what all the light and everything are supposed to look like. Then maybe lower level behind the stage for a second show, so you can see things from a totally different perspective. And if you can, grab some GA's for one of the shows too. That's a completely different experience.

But try them all. They're all good.

Boston is a MUCH different situation than Tampa. And that is most likely a very inflated number, based on the hope that people will panic and try and buy up tickets. I bet Tampa, Miami, and Atlanta (especially with 2 dates in Miami and Atlanta right?) GA's won't even be that hard to score from the box office the day of.

Don't pay more than face until the week of...or later!

Last edited:
with the stage and lighting the way they are this tour, every seat in any arena is a good one imo.

i've had lowers in front of the stage, side view, nosebleeds, behind the stage...all were great!

As far as seat location. I disagree with others about GA. Yeah, $250 for GA can't be beat if you end up in the ellipse! But if you get stuck in that big mob in the back, you just spent $250 on a real crap ticket. I think GAs are only worth it if you can get them for at or close to face value.
For Tampa or Atlanta, the prices are insane right now. Just wait until the week of the show and go for GAs or $160s maybe.

For $160 tix - within 3 sections of the stage lower levels is the best IMO (these are what I'm going for most shows). For Denver I & II I sat within two sections of the stage in the lower levels first five rows. Amazing seats both nights. The ellipse comes out like one full section from the stage.

I've heard the best bargain is behind the stage tix - a lot cheaper and real close to the stage. But can't speak from first hand experience.

Most people go for GAs at the last minute so really good $160 tix can be surprisingly easy last minute ones to get. But I'm still hoping for some face-value GAs one of these shows!

Last edited:
of the three shows I have seen so far....I have seen the show head on, from behind and from the floor.

Floor is the best but behind the stage was amazing -- I got to see through the lights and watch band interaction others didn't see.

But to try to get a floor ticket for NYC this fall is almost laughable -- but I have tickets (in various areas) for 6 of the 7 fall shows

cmb737 said:
IT IS WAY TOO FAR ahead of time to buy tickets for anything over face value. If there ever is a time at all.

I can make one execption.
I brought a Level 1 ticket, about 3 weeks before I flew over to the states....for UNDER face value...thats right UNDER!
A great view too, the best seat I had at the six shows I saw, of course the second LA , I was up the top, Back row....haha...and that was an over face value ticket.

cmb737 said:

Hm...I dunno. When I didn't get ANY ticket for ANY first leg show with six people trying, I bought Chicago GAs the next day. They got a little bit cheaper maybe a month after the general sale, but then went up and up. I was so thankful I just bought them. I even received them before the people who get them from TM. Right before the shows, I was checking and didn't see any GAs lower than like $300 which was twice what we paid. Tons of people kept saying to wait b/c then the scalpers would unload, but what I saw was a demand that skyrocketed and these guys were selling tickets for thousands of dollars the night of the show.

I got 2 GA's from a fan on here for Chicago 3 for face value the day of the show. It really all is in your comfort level. The shows are NEVER sold out completely, and are some tickets always available. The only rub is how much are you willing to pay, and how long are you willing to wait, and are you willing to travel without a ticket. I would say that most are rewarded when sticking it out and waiting for a face value ticket, but sometimes its not easy...and sometimes it is just a few minutes before the show starts.

Good advice though...Chicago and Boston, hell the whole northeast are tougher tickets.

cmb737 said:
I got 2 GA's from a fan on here for Chicago 3 for face value the day of the show. It really all is in your comfort level. The shows are NEVER sold out completely, and are some tickets always available. The only rub is how much are you willing to pay, and how long are you willing to wait, and are you willing to travel without a ticket. I would say that most are rewarded when sticking it out and waiting for a face value ticket, but sometimes its not easy...and sometimes it is just a few minutes before the show starts.

Good advice though...Chicago and Boston, hell the whole northeast are tougher tickets.

See, I still need some GAs for the next two Chicago shows, but I don't really have time to be searching for face value tickets the day of b/c I'll be in line the whole time (hell, I'll probably be in line the day BEFORE the show). I've never regretted buying those Chicago 2 GAs the day after the general sale. I could sleep knowing I had tickets. I'd saved up the money, so there was no point in waiting b/c I had the money then and there. I've heard of so many people getting ripped off on eBay or from other "fans" that I'd prefer to pay above face and buy from a reputable broker who has what he says he has and sends me the tickets a week later.

I also got 2 Detroit GAs from a fan here from face value, but I didn't have to wait at all. Well, she had to wait for me to pay, hehe, but I've had those tickets for a month or so and the show isn't until the end of October.

Back
Top Bottom