Where is U2 hanging out until Boston?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sconti

The Fly
Just wondering if anyone has heard anything on where the boys are hanging out until the Boston shows on Sunday and Monday? Thanks.

Not that I know but I would guess somewhere that they have homes -- New York City -- France... Or somewhere warm and tropical before the chilly tour dates. I hope that where they are is right where they want to be.
Love & Peace
See you in Boston! Still looking for a ticket for 12/4.

:| Aculpulco. Ok, maybe I am spelling it wrong, but after the Montreal show they flew off to Mexico straight away. U2 staff member said so.

I think you can count on The Edge staying at home in Malibu. Morleigh is doing a dance performance on Friday-Sunday, so I think you can count on Edge attending the opening night prior to flying to Boston for Sundays show.

yes they will take their break in Acapulco, not sure if the 4 oh and an article came out today that the Monterrey date (feb 12) has yet to reach an agreement...

Bono is in Mexico, he attended yesterday to Cirque du Soleil show in Guadalajara.

This is from local newspaper Record.

bono.jpg

Thanks to Carlosalonso for the scan.

Last edited:
My spanish is sketchy. Does the headline say there that he "assisted" in an act during the show (I know that Cirque sometimes grabs folks from the audience to participate in the show)?

Headache... could you explain to me the whole 'taxes' thing again? They can't stay in one place for more than the days they play?

Miroslava said:
Nope, it just says that he was present at the show.

Muchas gracias for the translation! I speak italian so can sometimes understand spanish. I kind of liked the visual of Bono performing with the Cirque clowns. :lol:

:|

oK. I do believe I said Mexico like 1 hour after the concert ended. I guess the same people who didnt believe me are the same people who actually believe U2 are moving to Montreal.. :|

Angel said:
:|

oK. I do believe I said Mexico like 1 hour after the concert ended. I guess the same people who didnt believe me are the same people who actually believe U2 are moving to Montreal.. :|

But it was on the internet that they were moving to Montreal, therefore it MUST be true! :laugh:

Several sources, including you, indicated they went to Mexico. I think the newspaper article seals it completely. :laugh:

I think the tax thing is that if they stay under six months in the US in a calendar year they get dinged for US taxes at a lower rate than if they were here six months or more, then they get hit with the full rate. Between the tour and miscellaneous stuff (RnR HOF, Grammys, LA rehearsals) they would be skirting the six month mark if they hadn't run off to Canada or Mexico often. I think by now though they've shaved off enough time to be safe so I'm thinking they are just in Mexico now for the warmth. :wink:

The band is in an undisclosed location for the week spending all of their time reworking the setlist for Boston:hyper:

This is nice but kind of breaks my heart at the same time...

I was on tour with Cirque du Soleil for two years, and was always hoping that Bono would come to the show sometime, since every other famous person on the planet had done so already... All our "VIP guests" would usually come backstage and say hi to the cast and crew (which I was a part of). When they were rehearsing for the Elevation Tour in Miami we were playing literally three blocks away, so it really got my hopes up! But no! They were probably too busy.

Oh well! Still nice that he went.

norsehorse23 said:
Headache... could you explain to me the whole 'taxes' thing again? They can't stay in one place for more than the days they play?

i don't even understand the whole thing... all i know is that they get taxed less in canada than if they stay in america.

ouizy has explained it much better than i can, if ya can get ahold of him

Hey guys today Bono appeared on the first page of the Entertainment section, it says Bono only came for fun and that he was invited by Guy LaLiberte, owner of Cirque Du Soleil¡, (yesterday it was mentioned that his visit was to check out locations and to finalize the Mexican dates). The article mentions he was very accesible, came with security, 6 people, and went to the airport early in the afternoon, no mention of where he was headed

They are rehearsing tons of new songs for Boston... including Mofo, The Unforgettable Fire, The Wanderer, Dirty Day, October and Acrobat.

SMB

Back
Top Bottom