Where are my UK tickets? MEGATHREAD!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ulaire

Babyface
London-Twickenham

Hi!

My sister that lives in London bought me a GA ticket for the first show on 18.06.

I would like to know when the tickets will be send to all those lucky people who bought them:yes:

Somebody knows that?

Peace!

I read on the ticketmaster.co.uk web site that U2 tickets for the UK will not be mailed before April.

Jon

I had an email from TM mid week and it said that tehy wont ne posted until 7-10 days before the concerts!!:huh:

I really hope this is wrong!

If you read through a bunch of the FAQ, I saw that if you don't have your tickets here in the US by 7 days before you leave to contact them. It sounds like they can work that out. It is a bit scary for those of us travelling. Maybe they will have them waiting for us at our hotels or something. I read somewhere that happened to someone. Here's to hoping they get their butts in gear.

i heard that you will be issued tickets 4 weeks before the gig. Anticipation is a buzz and the waiting will be all worth it. cant wait ..bonovox.
WAITED PATIENTLY FOR MY TICKETS,
hE RETURNED AND HEARED MY CRY,

tm uk says uk tix are souvenier (sp?) tix.

*if* i was outside uk, i'd contact them via email no later than 21 days before concert.

email them via their on-line contact page, but their email is ssssslow.

UK tickets: TM says END of MAY

saw this on Zootopia..

New thread. Now changed to end of May :(

U2 Vertigo Tour 2005 Tickets will not be posted until the end of May 2005 at the very earliest.

WHY is it taking forever?? i have trades and I need to leave my billing address by June 8th here in Arizona USA. got manchester june 14 tix. they are cuttin it very close, grrr!

I've had my croke tix for exactly a month now! Are the TM UK people just slow all the time like this?

Last edited:
Jesse, it might be best to contact them and ask for the tix to be left at will-call?

This is not a TM problem, though, if they had the tickets they would send them out, it makes no difference to them...this is the promoters, who seem intent on 'souvenir' tix for whatever reason. :mad:

I have trades pending also, with people who have had their tix in hand for months, really frustrating.

Personally, send me a paper ticket with section, row and seat number on it and I'm happy.

Man, that's only going to be a couple of weeks before Manchester, they better not leave it any later than that.

Will they do the floor pass band in europe like the NA leg, but let you keep the other half of your ticket? any thoughts?
Coz i always keep my leeds fest band on for as long as poss, i have a competition with me mates, good fun coz the loser buys evryones tickets next year. haha

I posted this information about 3 weeks ago in another thread, I dont know how you will manage if you live abroad and are travelling.

End of May is the very earliest.

I saw somewhere on the TM UK website that if you don't have your tix by 7-10 days prior to your travel date to call them.

thank you all. i will use will call option if they don't come, i was a bit weary a but until today because i accidentally ordered 4 tix from seetickets an 4 from TM UK for first manchester show. i have trades pending an i sold some to a few people.... was worried some might get canceled but seetickets said no cuz i ordered the max they allowed an TM UK is not in their jurisdiction. already am picking up seetickets order at willcall, lil concerned if i were to try an pick up TM UK order there too... might be weird to them.

This is the biggest Crock of SH** I've ever seen. U2 has about 100 concerts scheduled between now and December. Every single one of them has sent out tickets, Except Ticketmaster UK!!

What exactly are they trying to do here? Do they realize that some people are traveling from outside the UK for these shows, and this is a major inconvenience? I am going to be on vacation in England, and I don't want to stress about getting to the stadium in time, so I can wait in a Will Call line, especially when I have Floor tickets. Not to mention I am trading Cardiff tickets, and I need to get those tickets to them in advance, so I don't have a problem with the trade.

That comment isnt strictly true!
My friends have tickets for MSG in November (pre sale as well and GA) and they HAVE to pick them up on the day of the concert with photo ID as they have a UK billing address.

Maybe thats what TM UK should have done with orders from abroad.

Where the hell are my tickets? part 7898

There are probably several million threads started by others, along these lines. I did search for them but couldn't find any.

I know, I should probably relax., but this is Ticketbastard we're dealing with... it's May 12th. Concert is Jun 18th - Twickers.
Less than 5 weeks, friends.

I've been to concerts before and had my tix sent to me long before this. No signs...

Anyone else still in the same boat?

WHERE THE HELL ARE MY TICKETS, TICKETBASTARD?!

Well..I totally understand u'r frustration...I'm waiting for a load of UK tickets too...but this time, allegedly, it's not TM's fault (tho, if we try hard we can prob blame them :)).

The promoters are where things are being held up. They are determined that we have "souveneir" tickets...so I guess they are hand-painting each one individually. According to latest reports, tickets won't be sent out til end of May earliest!! :mad:

edited to add: there are actually a few threads on the U2 Tour Dates forum about this :)

Last edited:
I am relieved to know that it's not just me!

I did use the search engine for the threads, obviously didn't search hard enough. Very odd. Apologies, mods! :)

Last edited:
I ain't got tickets either for 15th June Manchester, and where I bought them, seetickets, say they haven't got them yet.

according to a friend who rang ticketmaster, they told him they started sending them out the begging of this week? and everyone should revieve them by the start of next week

Thanks for the info - much appreciated.:)

KUEFC09U2 said:
according to a friend who rang ticketmaster, they told him they started sending them out the begging of this week? and everyone should revieve them by the start of next week

Oh boy. Knowing Ticketbastard, that means we may get them before we start claiming our pensions... but I doubt it.

Uk tickets

has anyone out there in the Uk got there tickets yet?

Its 3 weeks untill I see them at Manchester and 4 'till Glasgow and I have not got mine!.

Im getting nervous!

It sucks big time, I bought 8 tickets for myself & friends etc at a total cost of £428,They didnt take long to charge my credit card account for them, yet so far I have waited 16 weeks and have had not a sniff of the tickets I purchased.

It will be interesting to see if there are any changes for the European outdoor shows. I think there has to be especially as the early part of every show will be in daylight/dusk.

I dont think that large outdoor shows can carry parts of setlists where the audience seems to go cold ie. An Cat etc.

I hope they shake things up a bit! Bring in some different songs from the new album maybe and more well known older material.

I cant see an accoustic Yaweh, plodding An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart keeping 60-80,000 on there toes.

Paul Mcguiness was quoted as saying that the tour would be two totally different productions for indoors and out. I hope that goes for the set list too.

I'm in the same boat as you mackemlad - still no sign of my Glasgow or Manchester tickets.:mad:

Why can't they just send out the tickets once they've got our cash? Seem simple to me???

I to hope that the setlists differ, to a degree, from the first leg. I'd like to see a couple of Pop songs added (Please/LNOE/Gone?) and maybe even a track or two from Zooropa?? I also think that one or two of the "old favourites" should have been retired gracefully by now.

BUT, I've seen the San Diego DVD's and whatever the setlist, I'm U2 won't disappoint....

They're not due to be released until the end of May now. Apparently we're in for some souviner tickets, that's part of the reason they're being kept back.

Back
Top Bottom