When will we get a DVD?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

God Part III

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
I can't remember when the Boston DVD was released, so I'm just throwing it out if anybody knew.

Also what shows would you like to see being released?

Obviously the Madison Square Garden shows for me; "U2 live in the City Of Blinding Lights"

I'd like to see an MSG one, but it's more likely when they do the 3 or 4 back to back, they're not on the first leg are they?

Also, if there were to be two from this tour, I'd like either a Dutch or Italian one from the second leg.

I must say I'm a bigger fan of U2 open air concerts so I hope the DVD will be from one of the European stadium shows.

I hope they film the November Oakland shows ;)

U2 has a hot streak of amazing Bay Area shows over the past 10 years or so: PopMart at Oakland Coliseum, with Oasis opening, was a highlight of their '97 tour... and then the San Jose Elevation shows were epic (go back and read Willie Williams' diary entries from those shows--his mind was blown), and then finally, the fall Elevation shows in Oakland were also spectacular.

C'mon, U2, how about it? Oakland DVD!

I'm counting on a double DVD set... One outdoor show (Amsterdam) and one indoor show (NY - New Amsterdam) :drool:

Come on... EVERYONE knows they're going to film the 12/19 Portland show. It's so obvious! :p

The Elevation Boston DVD was released on December 4th, 2001.

Last edited:
I thought it was weird that U2 released the Boston DVD before the end of the tour... Normally they wait with this until the tour is over...

there is some guy already selling dvd's of this tour on ebay. bummer. making it hard on the tapers who share and don't sell.
the same goes for EDGAR's tapes. as soon as he releases them, someone starts selling them on ebay.

Nerfherder said:
The Elevation Boston DVD was released on December 4th, 2001.

I thought the DVD was released earlier than that, more like 20 November 2001 or so. The tour still hadn't finished by then.
In the USA, it was exclusively on sale for 2 weeks through Best Buy though.

C ya!

Marty

Neilz said:
I thought it was weird that U2 released the Boston DVD before the end of the tour... Normally they wait with this until the tour is over...

If the DVD came out on 4 December 2001, then it was released after the tour ended. The last Elevation show was 2 December 2001 in Miami.

Aardvark747 said:
I hope we get one in time for this Xmas....then another next summer - to enjoy the same nite as England win the World Cup....:drool: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

England, win a Cup? :rolleyes:

*has conveniently forgotten about the 2003 Rugby World Cup ... and the 1991, 1995, and 1999 Cups too* ONLY NEW ZEALAND WINS THE RUGBY WORLD CUP! :rockon:

I gotta admit - I know they're both popular over here, but I havent got a clue what the difference is between Rugby League and Rugby Union..............:reject:

League has a different points system from Union, playing field and there are no line outs. Also, each team has a given quota of moves (six, I think) that they can use in order to score a try - once one team has been tackled six times, the ball is turned over.

England aren't going to win the World Cup, though. I can't remember who I put my money on the last time round to win the thing though.

I think it'll be a double pack as well, with a European show and a US show. They're changing the set list all the time so far, so it'll be worth it as hopefully we'll have two very different shows. And hopefully the European shows won't be just a bigger version of the US shows, something a bit bigger and grander.

I don't know, but I'm hoping mainland Europe will get filmed. *hint* 3 shows in Amsterdam.

U2girl said:
I don't know, but I'm hoping mainland Europe will get filmed. *hint* 3 shows in Amsterdam.
This would make sense as there are 3 shows in Amsterdam.. It will a city with multiple shows for sure.. A video shoot must be rehearsed..

Amsterdam is the only outdoor date with 3 gigs... So they have the biggest chance... But then again; the Amsterdam Arena has a roof (which can be opened, but still)... So it wouldn't be a real 'outdoor' show...

Cities with 2 or more outdoor shows :

Amsterdam (3)
Dublin (2)
Manchester (2)
London (2)
Milan (2)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom