When will the DVD be released?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mo786

War Child
Either the American or the European - I am guessing the American one will be first then Europe

Will they wait til the tour is over and then some? The tour could be carrying on into Aus and South America - we might have a long wait!

Anyone recall how long after Eleation finished the Bston DVD came out?

Cheers

probably around Christmas

they love taking advantage of the holiday sales season

neutral said:
Maybe they'll release it tomorrow on a torrent site :hyper:

Unedited footage from all 26 cameras on both nights from a kind member of the filming crew!

:hyper:

My guess is around Chrismas too... they will take advantage of the holiday shopping and will have time to arrange the images...Can't wait for it to happen! :drool:

This Xmas you mean though eh?

Dont worry Neutral it will be up on torrents/newsgroups the day its released anyway.

I work in a large retailer and I know for a fact a lot of new DVDs come in well over a week early before release (prob earlier at xmas) so it would be very easy for a worker to nick one and put it online a week before release.

Unlikely it will come out much earlier than that though.

I would be willing for a mix of a couple of shows if it leads to a better setlist and performances....

the dvds will be available around christmas, this year...that is, in all probability i think they will....the odds of them both being in a box set are slim to none, imo

After the Chicago taping, I was speaking with someone and he said that they were going to wait and release the Chicago dvd NEXT YEAR after the tour was over. This seems unfathomable but maybe not if they plan on re-releasing Sydney and the others that have been rumored.

I'm hoping that he's wrong but he would know.:eyebrow:

Westport said:
After the Chicago taping, I was speaking with someone and he said that they were going to wait and release the Chicago dvd NEXT YEAR after the tour was over. This seems unfathomable but maybe not if they plan on re-releasing Sydney and the others that have been rumored.

I'm hoping that he's wrong but he would know.:eyebrow:
Can be true, they can release the whole Red rocks/ZooTV/Popmart stuff this Christmas and release the Vertigo DVD's next year after the tour is over.

Doesn't make much sense for me if I get just one new DVD this year :drool:

OpperGoeroe said:

Can be true, they can release the whole Red rocks/ZooTV/Popmart stuff this Christmas and release the Vertigo DVD's next year after the tour is over.

Doesn't make much sense for me if I get just one new DVD this year :drool:
This will be most likely... All the more because U2 is planning a fourth leg...

I can't believe they wouldn't want to release it when the tour is fresh in everyone's minds, I for one am gagging for a slick professional DVD look at Vertigo.
I've just dusted off the flyer for Boston, that was released on the 26/11/01. I can't see them sacrificing strong Christmas inspired sales in Europe and North America because the tour hasn't yet reached Australasia.

i hope they scrap the chicago taping and tape a show off the 3rd leg in the us - the band is always better as the tour rolls on. setlists are better, too. and by now, bono's getting his words right, too.

Paul McGuinness stated to Billboard magazine in early January that the tour dvd will be out in November.

Halup said:
Paul McGuinness stated to Billboard magazine in early January that the tour dvd will be out in November.

It would actually be really possible, the third leg will be almost finished, Chrismas will come... Middle November would be a good timing...

Well that sucks for those of us getting early 2006 shows - if ticket prices are too high in Australia I'd opt for the DVD - also even if they dont release it down here due to the tour, you can still get it at Amazon, HMV etc online...

I'm really scared the top tickets will be $300+... The Eagles had limited "gold" seats at $540 and though they sold, they are waaaaaaay out of my price range. Pavarotti's top tix in November are $890...

What about the rumoured Red Rocks, Zoo TV and PopMart box set? Wasn't it rumoured for September this year? If so I can't see a DVD of this tour until sometime well into next year.

thatsnotmypuppy said:
Well that sucks for those of us getting early 2006 shows - if ticket prices are too high in Australia I'd opt for the DVD - also even if they dont release it down here due to the tour, you can still get it at Amazon, HMV etc online...

I'm really scared the top tickets will be $300+... The Eagles had limited "gold" seats at $540 and though they sold, they are waaaaaaay out of my price range. Pavarotti's top tix in November are $890...

Ummmm, there are other places than Ebay?....I do believe the Eagles prices...but no way for the $890 for the Giant Pavlova!?

Ticketek's Pavarotti Tickets
Brisbane:Adult

$380.80 Premium
$260.80 Gold
$155.80 Silver
$125.80 Bronze

Sydney:
Premium $380
Gold $260
Silver $155
Bronze $125
Gold Non Alcohol $260
Silver Non Alcohol $155

Melbourne:
Premium $380
Gold $260
Silver $155
Bronze $125
$380 Premium side/rear
$260 Gold side/rear
$155Silver side/rear
$125 Bronze side/rear

Last edited:
bono_man2002

You seem a great fan, but what's that I read in your sig..
Sign The Petittion To Bring The Corrs To Australia!!
..yeh, I'll sign it AND you need to promise me that you'll keep them there!

U2mixer said:
bono_man2002

You seem a great fan, but what's that I read in your sig..
Sign The Petittion To Bring The Corrs To Australia!!
..yeh, I'll sign it AND you need to promise me that you'll keep them there!

Maybe they can do a joint tour?, Corrs open for U2?...it would be nice (not having to spend money on both!!)

Back
Top Bottom