When was the last time Bono sung 6 nights in a row?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2FanPeter

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
9th - rehearsals
10th - rehearsals/telethons
11th - rehearsals/telethons(were they tape delay?)
12th - T.O. 1(w/soundcheck?)
13th - off day soundcheck(Mofo/Discotheque etc)
14th - T.O. 2(no soundcheck?)

The last time Bono did this was likely the early 80's.

u2fp

if you wanna call "rehearsals" and "soundchecks" bono singing, up to you. but all he usually does there is sing "off-key" (more speaking than singing) to go easy on his voice and sometimes he doesnt even do that (check out other rehearsal tapes, like miami 2001. mysterious ways there is no vocals at all)...

just my 2 cents...

At the Vancouver rehearsals he was going about 75% -and he sung almost 4 hours worth by the end of one day.

I also thought he sung 100% for the MTV LAPOE - and he practiced at full tilt.

Yes, I have seen the Miami 1992 and 2001 rehearsal videos.

I also have heard several soundchecks in person from outside the building, and Bono does 'fully' sing for a couple songs.

u2fp

ok fair enough, but i dont think its very hard to sing 1 song (LAPOE) and call it "bono singing 1 day"...

concerts or full rehearsals is what should count. when they sing "one", have a concert the next, and sing another song the next day (This is JUST an example, i know the dates dont apply), it shouldnt and doesnt really count as "bono singing 3 days in a row"...

the man would have more problems if he'd have to sing 1 hour each day...

I thought the 9/10/11 all included full length rehearsals?

And the 13th was easily over an hour.

The 11th(same day as LAPOE aired) had a full setlist put up on the net. That is where the IALW rumour stemmed from.

This may also explain, to some extent, why Bono let Mary J. lead the televised performance of ONE.

u2fp

Headache in a Suitcase said:
both of the telethons were taped... they could've done them back to back on the same day, for all we know.

:yes: They actually did do both on the same day.

U2FanPeter said:

Yes, I have seen the Miami 1992 and 2001 rehearsal videos.

Yeah, I have the 2001 rehearsal, but Bono barely sang. Like maybe every other song, and not the way he would during the show.

My 2001 rehearsal video had them doing the opening 3 songs, with regular singing. It's probably 4 years since I've seen it.

It was also film from outside the arena, through a door, off the screens.

The 1992 was filmed by the crew, and many songs are clipped. Reggae version of ISHFWILF that was never played on the tour.

u2fp

U2FanPeter said:
My 2001 rehearsal video had them doing the opening 3 songs, with regular singing. It's probably 4 years since I've seen it.

Yeah, but I wouldn't consider the opening three songs a "days" worth of singing. I sing more than that while I'm doing homework each night.

Back
Top Bottom