When did YOU join U2.com ???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Damn! I waited until the last minute. But I was a Zootopia member for years on the old site. That should count for something! Hell... does it make me less of a fan because I hestitated to spend $40 on multimedia content?:(

BigMacPhisto said:
Lol.....I'm member #1944......joined on December 2nd, so I should end up doing quite well if they come to the Bay Area again in the fall.

Yeah, everyone......just find a post you made in the Zootopia forums......or make one....then put the mouse over your name and a little popup thingy will show your member #.........remember, that there's over 200,000 members......
Thanks for telling us how to find our member #s...mine's gotta be *way* back in the queue, since I didn't join til 1/21! I was really hesitant, given all the problems people were reporting early on. And I guess I haven't been paying much attention at all to all those folks calculating how unlikely it would be that u2.com could promise anything ticketwise...*200,000 members*!!??

Where is that reported, and my goodness was a lot of that a last-minute influx of scalpers, or of scalper-scum and actual fans like me deciding to maximize chances at tix, or close to what the membership in propaganda used to be?
please excuse my ignorance here...

cheers all!

December 1
Member #363 :ohmy:

I just went to U2.com and double checked - I was close!

Last edited:
Hours before the presale ended! :sad:

I was just putting off slamming another $40 on my VISA around christmas time (and post Christmas). I understand they have to do something to be fair, but this sucks for those of us who were planning on joining all along, but kept putting it off!

How many of you late joiners like me are going for the refund? Do you think we have ANY chance?

biff said:

So I joined on December 3rd, and my number is 4743.
That doesn't make sense. (Why am I not surprised?)

I think the dates are stuffed. Mine says I joined 1st December and my membership numbers only about a hundred less than U2Tan who joined the following day. :huh:

Late Nov/early Dec... can't remember precisely.
My keychain thingy finally turned up today!

According to the site myn is 6th December. Can't remember if that was when I joined or not, but I joined when it was in the shop early (when they put a link to buy the membership in the old u2mart before the site had relaunched).

beli said:
Mind you if Sallys only just got hers and shes on the same side of the planet as U2.com I do believe I have quite the wait in store.

I registered on Dec. 1 and I just got mine TODAY. :|
But it's pretty and shiny, so :happy:

Can anybody tell me if the order will be based on those that signed up as PAID members, or any? IMHO it should only b 4 the paid and Propaganda members that the order in which U signed up should count...

Only paid members have presale codes. My understanding the presale order will be:

1. Propaganda members
2. Paid U2.com members in member order from lowest member number to highest.

Free U2.com members will not be able to purchase tickets until the general sale with everyone else.

:ohmy: I'm member #37...it says I registered December 31 1969 at 4 pm but it was really November 24, that one random day the link was up.

beli said:

I think the dates are stuffed. Mine says I joined 1st December and my membership numbers only about a hundred less than U2Tan who joined the following day. :huh:

I think you're right as I'm #714 and registered on Dec 1. Surely, more people registered in the 24 hour difference between UKTan and myself...

*edit: I take it back. I registered at midnight so I guess that's technically Dec. 2...

Last edited:
So how's the next presale going to work? I would hope that those of us who got shut out of the spring/summer presale and still have an unused code would get first priority (I'm also a former Prop subscriber). Are new codes going to be issued to everyone for the fall leg of the tour? I'm confused?

atikicat said:
So how's the next presale going to work? I would hope that those of us who got shut out of the spring/summer presale and still have an unused code would get first priority (I'm also a former Prop subscriber). Are new codes going to be issued to everyone for the fall leg of the tour? I'm confused?

We haven't been told that yet. I personally hope new codes are NOT issued. I think it would be more equitable that way but I don't work for U2.com so who knows what they have in mind. I'm sure they will tell us eventually.

Back
Top Bottom