Whats Wrong With This Picture?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LukeMan

Babyface
Don't Get Me Wrong... I'm A Huge U2 Fan.. And I Have Been For 15+Years.... I Love Their SHows... Best Concert Band Ever... But All You Guys Talking About All The Shows Your Going To... Do You Honestly Think Its Fair?

For Example I Notice A Ton Of U Have Tickets To A Bunch Of Toronto Shows.. I Live In Toronto.. I Have Tickets To 1 Show.. The Rest Sold Out Within An Hour... I Know A TON Of People Who Couldn't Get Tickets And Are Extremely Upset Because They Sold Our So Fast.. Tjeir U2 Fans But Can't Afford To Pay The HUGE Prices Scalpers Are Charging.. Their Dying To To See 1 Show And Some Of You Are Coming From As Far As The UK To Watch All 4 Shows In Toronto.. On Top Of The Bunch Of Other Shows You're Wathcing Everywhere Else...

Sorry I Don't Agree With That... I Understand Why Because Id Love To See 10 Shows Myself.. But It's Not Right.

Sorry.

Last edited:
I guess these people spent a lot of time and money for these tickets, so I don't see the problem... I'm also only seeing 1, maybe 2 shows (don't have a 2nd ticket jet), but I don't see the problem... I think it has to do with my age, but I don't really have the urge to go to many shows anymore... I've seen multiple Zooropa, multiple Popmart and multiple Elevation shows... This time 1 or maybe 2 will do...

I Understand Where You'Re Coming From, But Really, Getting At Least One Pair Of Tickets Isn't That Hard.

*ahem* :)

Anyway, if those people would have been at the Ticketmaster site right as the tickets went on sale, they would have been able to get something. Perhaps not GA tickets, but definitely some pair of tickets for one of the shows. Furthermore, there are plenty of sites (including this one) where fans are selling tickets at face value. In fact, there are actually some tickets you can pick up for below face value on eBay. Basically, if someone can't get at least one pair of tickets at face value (or very near it), they're just not trying hard enough :)

Thats Not Right... All 4 Toronto Shows Were Sold Out In Less Than An Hour.. Even On The Ticketmasyer Website.. So Many People Jammed The Site That It Would Take For Ever For It To Process 15-20mins Per Request... It Was A Mircale I Got Tix And It Started Right At 10am (When The Box Office Opened)... I Know other People Who Did The Same And Couldn't Get 2 Tickets Anywhere...

Some Of These Guys Have Been Going To u2 Shows Since 81 So They Know Their Way Around The Ticketmaster Sites And Scalpers..

Last edited:
They do just have to keep trying. TM will drop more tickets closer to concert date.
Ebay prices will fall some and there are always people selling tickets outside the venue the day of the show.
If the desire to go is strong enough you can find tickets.

LukeMan said:
Thats Not Right... All 4 Toronto Shows Were Sold Out In Less Than An Hour.. Even On The Ticketmasyer Website.. So Many People Jammed The Site That It Would Take For Ever For It To Process 15-20mins Per Request... It Was A Mircale I Got Tix And It Started Right At 10am (When The Box Office Opened)... I Know other People Who Did The Same And Couldn't Get 2 Tickets Anywhere...

Some Of These Guys Have Been Going To u2 Shows Since 81 So They Know Their Way Around The Ticketmaster Sites And Scalpers..

Yeah, I agree. the people that have tickets to 2-10 shows must be the most inteligent people in the world. How do they do it? They should stop following U2 and become Super Villans!:shifty:

I'm only going to one show because that's all I can afford.

If I had a few grand spare, I'd be gladly buying tickets off of anyone.

If you really want tickets that bad you can get hold of them

When I went to Popmart i got them on the day of the concert!

im going to 4 shows.

i havent spent much time identifying the reasons why im doing this but im fairly certain they are, in order,

i want to, and
i can.

LukeMan said:
Don't Get Me Wrong... I'm A Huge U2 Fan.. And I Have Been For 15+Years.... I Love Their SHows... Best Concert Band Ever... But All You Guys Talking About All The Shows Your Going To... Do You Honestly Think Its Fair?

For Example I Notice A Ton Of U Have Tickets To A Bunch Of Toronto Shows.. I Live In Toronto.. I Have Tickets To 1 Show.. The Rest Sold Out Within An Hour... I Know A TON Of People Who Couldn't Get Tickets And Are Extremely Upset Because They Sold Our So Fast.. Tjeir U2 Fans But Can't Afford To Pay The HUGE Prices Scalpers Are Charging.. Their Dying To To See 1 Show And Some Of You Are Coming From As Far As The UK To Watch All 4 Shows In Toronto.. On Top Of The Bunch Of Other Shows You're Wathcing Everywhere Else...

Sorry I Don't Agree With That... I Understand Why Because Id Love To See 10 Shows Myself.. But It's Not Right.

Sorry.

There's plenty of work involved in getting tix to these shows, but don't give up 'til the show's started! ;)

That's Alotta Caps In There!!! :ohmy:

Last edited:
I'm going to 6...because I can and I have not been in a position to see them live ever (I'm a Murphy...Murphy's Law applies -- but better not during the tour)

the other thing is I live the U2 touring epicenter....20 min from NYC so there are more shows to see and I am traveling to visit a friend in Boston for the December show.

kobayashi said:
im going to 4 shows.

i havent spent much time identifying the reasons why im doing this but im fairly certain they are, in order,

i want to, and
i can.

:yes:

I am going to 9 shows for those same reasons...

I'm going to 2 shows. I could have perhaps afforded more but my wife would not have been that happy :)

And with that said, some your Toronto-friends could have also joined U2.com. The pre-sale sucked for the first leg but worked very well for the third one, which is when the Toronto shows are taking place.

So if your friends are pissed, they decided they did not want to be a part of the fan club, are are now not currently to pay a single dollar above face value, they will have to accept the rules of supply and demand.

LukeMan said:

Sorry.

What a whinger!!!

LukeMan said:

But Can't Afford To Pay The HUGE Prices Scalpers Are Charging.. Their Dying To To See 1 Show

Bollocks! If someone is DYING to see only 1 show then paying the HUGE prices is a fair exchange - id a fan is serious about getting tickets for a show then can and they will.

LukeMan said:

Some Of You Are Coming From As Far As The UK To Watch All 4 Shows In Toronto..

Yeh, fans travelling around the world to see the band - that's how much they care so don't knock them.
Do you realise how much money these fans will be paying to come to your neck of the woods to see the band?
A lot f*cking more then a whinging Canadian who doesn't want to pay a scalper!
Who's the real fan here?

Do you realise that saving up for a tour begins 4 years hence?
If you would've prepared for the tour - which we ALL knew was coming - then you would've had the cash!

Make a note of this for the next tour.

Save up, shut up and pay the prices - just like those REAL fans from the UK - you could be dead tomorrow!!!!

sheesh!

gorman said:

Anyway, if those people would have been at the Ticketmaster site right as the tickets went on sale, they would have been able to get something. Perhaps not GA tickets, but definitely some pair of tickets for one of the shows.

this is just not always true. i wanted to get tickets for the 5/14 show in philly so i logged on to ticketmaster around 9:50. between 10am and noon i did not get through on the website a single time. i didn't even get a chance to turn down shitty tickets behind the stage.

although i did get a ticket to a nyc show off of ebay for a decent price, so i agree with the rest of what you said.

Re: Re: Whats Wrong With This Picture?

Well... we can't criticize people for NOT spending the money to buy tickets above price and all that but I don't see why those fans that somehow manage to do so are to be criticized either.

We all have different circumstances in our lives and should not harshly judge others for what they do and do not do so long as no third parties are injured....

:wink:

I've seen the band 10 times from ZooTV to Elevation.....and unfortunately....I've had to buy scalper tickets every time to see the boys. Am I a whining Canadian? Nope. The fact is.....or at least my reality is that there is no price too high to pay for me to see the boys.

After Elevation, I told myself, that I'm gonna save up for the next tour. Many other fans have done the same. Some save for the tickets, airfare, and hotel. Sounds to me like that's proper planning.

U2 also requires proper research. Many fans didn't realize that their prop membership can help them get a u2.com membership. Many people were left out in the cold by being ignorant or misinformed on the "how to's" in order to get tickets.

Being a U2 fan requires some technical savvy to be on top of the news and the band.........not just their music.

For the 1st time for what I can remember, I am going to several shows.....possibly 6 of them. All of these shows I paid face value for. There was no trick in getting the tickets. I sat infront of my computer like everyone else...... Sometimes I came up craps...sometimes I got lucky.

Some folks may wish to judge me as I'm going to too many shows. Some folks may wish to object to seeing the same show several times. It is the way I wish to spend my money. God knows U2 does not need anymore of my money for their house on the hills.....but it is my choice.

As a fan you have a choice to be on top of things......or have things fall to the wayside.

Nothing really good comes easy........I've hustled to get my tickets....ie save money, work hard, get on the ticketmaster site...... My question is....have you done the same? Or are you expecting for tickets and good fortune to fall in your lap?

The crocodile tears will come faster if you suck on a lemon.

But I'll tell you what LukeMan..... you contact me, I have a possible deal for you if you are willing to travel to Detroit. Anything to stop the tears.

solacevip said:
I've seen the band 10 times from ZooTV to Elevation.....and unfortunately....I've had to buy scalper tickets every time to see the boys. Am I a whining Canadian? Nope. The fact is.....or at least my reality is that there is no price too high to pay for me to see the boys.

After Elevation, I told myself, that I'm gonna save up for the next tour. Many other fans have done the same. Some save for the tickets, airfare, and hotel. Sounds to me like that's proper planning.

U2 also requires proper research. Many fans didn't realize that their prop membership can help them get a u2.com membership. Many people were left out in the cold by being ignorant or misinformed on the "how to's" in order to get tickets.

Being a U2 fan requires some technical savvy to be on top of the news and the band.........not just their music.

For the 1st time for what I can remember, I am going to several shows.....possibly 6 of them. All of these shows I paid face value for. There was no trick in getting the tickets. I sat infront of my computer like everyone else...... Sometimes I came up craps...sometimes I got lucky.

Some folks may wish to judge me as I'm going to too many shows. Some folks may wish to object to seeing the same show several times. It is the way I wish to spend my money. God knows U2 does not need anymore of my money for their house on the hills.....but it is my choice.

As a fan you have a choice to be on top of things......or have things fall to the wayside.

Nothing really good comes easy........I've hustled to get my tickets....ie save money, work hard, get on the ticketmaster site...... My question is....have you done the same? Or are you expecting for tickets and good fortune to fall in your lap?

But I'll tell you what LukeMan..... you contact me, I have a possible deal for you if you are willing to travel to Detroit. Anything to stop the tears.

YOu do Canada AND U2 fans proud - I salute you.

solacevip said:
Some save for the tickets, airfare, and hotel. Sounds to me like that's proper planning.

U2 also requires proper research. Many people were left out in the cold by being ignorant or misinformed on the "how to's" in order to get tickets.

Nothing really good comes easy........

LOL that last line is the best thing I've read on this site since January 26th :lol:

Fantastic post (as usual), MB, you are so right.

It's easy to be smug when you've already got tickets to see a show, or several...

I am one of the few U2 fans (and I consider myself a big fan) who may not see them at all 'cos of various circumstances. I can't spend my time plotting and scheming to figure out when they'll be going on tour (I'm a mom to two kids and single), saving for anything is difficult when you're poor, never mind concert tix, forget travelling anywhere when you're poor and have no car, and I'm a full time student on a strict budget so saving for a concert is my last priority...

I was really counting on U2 coming to my city to cut out travel costs and the tix I would've acquired somehow (I believe in serendipity) but since they're not, c'est la vie I guess. I'm bitter, upset, blah, blah,:blahblah: but life goes on.

But when people express their disappointment in not getting tix, being smug about your seeing ten or so shows is in poor taste. :shame:

Empathy... the world needs a whole lot more!:heart: :hug:

4EVRU2 said:

But when people express their disappointment in not getting tix, being smug about your seeing ten or so shows is in poor taste. :shame:

I can assure you. I am not being smug at all. Infact, if you read the end of my post you will see that I am being quite empathetic to the individual who started the thread by offering him some tickets. If I was truly smug, I wouldn't have put that offer forward.

My seeing 10 shows was through f*cking blood sweat and tears. In order to see ZooTV and travel to Detroit from my university in Toronto, I had to sell a weeks worth of my university food plan as well as my Sony CD player (which was given to me as a gift...those things cost big bucks back then).

That's a big deal if you ask me considering I was I was also a poor university student. But I did everything I could to see that shows.....and that included starving for a bit. But hey....I don't need anyone cuing the violins to play a sad song for everyone.

My previous post was not to rub anything in anyone's faces. My post was to reveal that I also feel the pain of LukeMan......but certainly there is always a possibilty to change one's situation.

Now my situation has changed....several years later I have a good job, a car, and some money to be able to afford certain things in life.

Stick with school and I'm positive things will work out for you. Times are tough now...but I am sure it will work out.

Sometimes you gotta creep before you walk. Sometimes you miss the train at the station. Some days are better than others.

Trust me...I consider myself very fortunate that the band is touring right now at this point in my life when I can afford it. And to those who know me, my getting tickets to several shows involved the help of a few friends and networking. It hasn't been all me......just friends sitting in front of computers. I am definitely NOT being smug. I'm trying to help.

Last edited:
4EVRU2 said:
...so saving for a concert is my last priority...

Indeed. You have made your choice. Others have made theirs.

Originally posted by 4EVRU2 But when people express their disappointment in not getting tix, being smug about your seeing ten or so shows is in poor taste. :shame:

Justifying your position after being accused of something unfair is not smug IMO.

You're right that the world needs more empathy, so rather than feel sorry for myself that MY circumstances limit my choices, I am going to be happy for those who are seeing as many shows as they like...be it through careful planning, hard work or just plain luck...good on ya!!!

:applaud:

I'm very sorry my friend that you are not able to do more than 1 show or that your friends were unable to get tickets. If I were able to help you I would but, different people have different lives, and different circumstances that allow them to do some things and not others. If people have the means and the will to go to mulitple shows let them. It doesn't make them bad people. Some have been saving for years, maybe some have the money already, and even others may just have nothing else to do, but in no way does that make it not right. You are given the same shot as everybody to go to these shows. It's not like the onsales say "for people who live in this city only". There already is a ticket limit in place so that more people are able to get tickets. I know plenty of fans who are going to mulitple shows who didn't get one ticket through ticketmaster and had to pay scalpers, but their certain life circumstances allow them to do that, and there is nothing wrong with that. U2 has never played my city. The closest place around me they play is a 6 1/2 hour drive, so I always have to travel to see them. Sometimes I want to see them in a city I haven't personally seen yet, so I'll fly across the country to do that. Does that make it unfair or make me a bad person?

LukeMan said:

Sorry.

Dear Luke - you gotta fight hard, fight fast and fight until you get what you want! there have been ample chances to get these tickets...you gotta earn it...by that I mean, keep at it man! I got tickets in So. CA for Toronto #1..we're coming cause we love your city, we're coming because we can afford to, we're coming cause we got tickets on Ticketmaster just like everyone else..life's a game of chance; make of it what you can! don't give up!

My prediction - I'll see you there! Mr. BAW

Go to Ebay, you can get decent seats for an affordable price, lots of times below face value....

Re: Re: Whats Wrong With This Picture?

u2_england said:

Yeh, fans travelling around the world to see the band - that's how much they care so don't knock them.
Do you realise how much money these fans will be paying to come to your neck of the woods to see the band?

sheesh!

I'm not saying either side is right or wrong here; because I really can see both sides and each has valid points, but I would like to make one small comment on this issue, and that is part of the whole point of a world tour is to 'spread the love' to people all over the world, and Toronto is a sort of out of the way spot to people from other places, people who have many more
opportunities from say NY or Manchester. Not just Toronto but it's a good example. These people are shooting for what is literally a ONCE IN A LIFETIME opportunity for them and so it's beyond frustrating to have people who've had so many opportunities that they have the shows memorized come in and take that dream away.

what?

I worked my ass off for two years saving up my money to go see U2 as many times as I could... If u want something bad enough and you work hard enogh there are ways to get tickets... don't make me feel bad b/c I worked for it... seeing u2 4 nights in Toronto is my vacation that i've been saving up for it... and I'm going to enjoy the hell out of it...

I'm 2.5 hours from Toronto and 4 hours from Cleveland and I picked Cleveland because I knew the fan base in Toronto is huge. It's great that Canadians are such huge U2 fans!

I agree with most of the others: if people are willing to spend the money and energy to go to multiple shows, they can do as they darn well please!

ticketmaster is also dropping tickets -just keep checking daily - I've gotten great lower level(100s) to two Chicago shows in the past 2 weeks and I've heard that several people have been able to pull up GA's for some of the shows. I agree that being a U2 fan requires a bit of tech savvy (which I have an extremely limited knowledge of). Just keep trying

Back
Top Bottom