whats this about edge and a barcelona shirt??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KUEFC09U2

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
i just read on u2.com that bono gave the edge a barcelona shirt for his b'day?

did he wear it?

KUEFC09U2 said:

did he wear it?

Hahaha, you're just jealous because it wasn't an Everton shirt :madspit: :madspit: :madspit:

:wink:

Last edited:
Re: Re: whats this about edge and a barcelona shirt??

U2Man said:

Hahaha, you're just jealous because it wasn't an Everton shirt :madspit: :madspit: :madspit:

:wink:
well he is welsh so he probabley has abit of blue inside him ;)

Wasn't he supposed to have grown up in Birmingham once?

Btw: You're proving my point...you want to see Edge in an Everton shirt....admit it! :wink:

U2Man said:
i think his parents were welsh, and hew grew up in london or wales?

am not 100% on it to be honest

U2Man said:

Btw: You're proving my point...you want to see Edge in an Everton shirt....admit it! :wink:
would be cool to see any of them pull on the shirt :wink:

but i read somewhere that larry supports man u, bono supports celtic, and am not to sure about edge and adam

infact they dont strike me as 2 that would be into football

although i remember eze video for walk on, or whatever it was, and they were all playing football on the beach, so who knows

KUEFC09U2 said:

did he wear it?
Yes!!!! He had trouble getting it over his head lol. He wore it for Party Girl. The band were in a great mood all night.

THE EDGE IS CULÉ ( name for Barcelona supporters ) and there is not doubt about it. Stop complainning about that.

madspit:

PD: anyone has a photograph of Edge with the barça t-shirt??:

PD: anyone has a photograph of Edge with the barça t-shirt??:

7252-5.jpg

taken by reviewer jrmp who posted this on the u2tours website

Last edited:
Princey;
shall I take Edge a Hull City black and amber shirt to Madrid???

On another though I might take Bono one as well!!

Bono's Tart said:
Princey;
shall I take Edge a Hull City black and amber shirt to Madrid???

On another though I might take Bono one as well!!

yeah!!

thats a fantastic idea! although i doubt he would take any football shirt other than the madrid shirt so as not to upset the supporters :wink: its definitely worth a shot though...hey, if he doesnt take it - ill have it!!

Hi Princey & Bono's Tart - your post just gave me a huge flashback.... being very drunk on pangergalactic gargleblasters in 'Spiders' in Hull in 1993 and thinking I was in a Cure video.. was that a figment of my imagination or does/did such a place actually exist ?! :drunk:

Jim said:
Hi Princey & Bono's Tart - your post just gave me a huge flashback.... being very drunk on pangergalactic gargleblasters in 'Spiders' in Hull in 1993 and thinking I was in a Cure video.. was that a figment of my imagination or does/did such a place actually exist ?! :drunk:

lol yes such a place exists...and it is probably just as you remember it in your drunken state, the place is a complete hole!

KUEFC09U2 said:
wow this show sounds like it could be up there with the best :drool:

i need a boot

I can't imagine any show topping this one KUEF...although I haven't heard Croke 3 boot yet. The cell phone moment was simply stunning. The whole stadium was alight. Great Elevation interaction/arm waving from the crowd, which you won't get the feel of on the boot. It was a very emotional moment too when Bono raised 2 hands in the air to the crowd, and the crowd did the same. Can anyone remember which part of the show it was? U2 Spain?

I don't remember when it was, maybe in Elevation??

I have read in the setlist posted in Vertigo-tour that they snippet Barcelona at the end of City of blinding lights. I'm not sure about that. Do you remeber it ??

U2Spain said:
I don't remember when it was, maybe in Elevation??

I have read in the setlist posted in Vertigo-tour that they snippet Barcelona at the end of City of blinding lights. I'm not sure about that. Do you remeber it ??

There was a 'Barcelona' snippet, but I can't remember what it was or when. Hope the boot will refresh us.

Definately one of the best shows of the tour. There were so many moments to remember, so many things to talk about. The mobile lights at one, people waving their hands to Bono, the Edge smiling so many times, the barcelona tshirt... We all had a wonderful night, including the band. I think that one of the main reasons was the stadium: the Nou Camp is just a wonderful stadium.

what a show, what a night!

bcn_07/08/05 said:
Definately one of the best shows of the tour. There were so many moments to remember, so many things to talk about. The mobile lights at one, people waving their hands to Bono, the Edge smiling so many times, the barcelona tshirt... We all had a wonderful night, including the band. I think that one of the main reasons was the stadium: the Nou Camp is just a wonderful stadium.

what a show, what a night!

I agree with you totally. Which other shows have you seen?

If they were going to film one for DVD they should have filmed this one.

I've never heard noise like it from a crowd. Amazing gig to be at.

1stOne said:

I agree with you totally. Which other shows have you seen?

I have also been at Paris I and yesterday's gig at San Sebastián. Both good shows, but not excellent as the one in Barcelona.

More things I will never forget: Bono's devotion for the Edge. He sang Happy Birthday to him twice, and said something to him about his birthday at the begining of the first Vertigo and many other times during the show. I also remember Bono saying something like "The Edge is a gift for us that came from the future..."

What about the "oeeeoeoeeeoeeeeeoeeee" during the concert? I mean, it was something absolutely spontaneous. Just people being happy, enjoying the concert, and singing altogether to show how good the gig was. Even Bono sang it the end of One, and the crowd just went nuts.

And lets not forget the tears on Bono's face when singing Miss Sarajevo.

This concert should have been filmed. It was a perfect comunion between the crowd and the band!

bcn_07/08/05 said:

I have also been at Paris I and yesterday's gig at San Sebastián. Both good shows, but not excellent as the one in Barcelona.

More things I will never forget: Bono's devotion for the Edge. He sang Happy Birthday to him twice, and said something to him about his birthday at the begining of the first Vertigo and many other times during the show. I also remember Bono saying something like "The Edge is a gift for us that came from the future..."

What about the "oeeeoeoeeeoeeeeeoeeee" during the concert? I mean, it was something absolutely spontaneous. Just people being happy, enjoying the concert, and singing altogether to show how good the gig was. Even Bono sang it the end of One, and the crowd just went nuts.

And lets not forget the tears on Bono's face when singing Miss Sarajevo.

This concert should have been filmed. It was a perfect comunion between the crowd and the band!

This was my 5th show this tour. I told my U2 friend that this show was 10 times better than a show we saw in the UK. I couldn't explain why...I will copy and paste your comment because you explain it so much better than me. What did you think about Bono's voice in Miracle Drug? I thought he was going to break down. I was getting really concerned for him. I have never loved this band more than I did in Barcelona. I don't want to see another show for a while. It would spoil the magical memories.

aardvark said:
If they were going to film one for DVD they should have filmed this one.

I've never heard noise like it from a crowd. Amazing gig to be at.

hey aardvark:wave:

Wow! what a show that was! Did you have a good time in Barca?

Back
Top Bottom