What's the song before U2 come on stage?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shaq

The Fly
Sorry if this is an annoying newbie question, but what's the song they always play on the PA before U2 come onstage during the Vertigo Tour.

Im sure its some mega classic that I should know, but I don't :?

OK thanks, I knew it sounded fimilar, I have the Arcade Fire album just not listened to it that much. Great opening song for Tour

Aardvark747 said:
I'm playing it now - getting all excited for Cardiff...:drool:

:wink:

I put the album on after you told me what the track was, Im on track 9, this album is good, its not just all hype after all!

So what time you getting to Cardiff for? Im leaving London at 12.30pm and Im wishful thinking we will be line to get a wristband.

shaq said:

I put the album on after you told me what the track was, Im on track 9, this album is good, its not just all hype after all!

So what time you getting to Cardiff for? Im leaving London at 12.30pm and Im wishful thinking we will be line to get a wristband.

I've got seating tickets, i'm not one for standing in a queue for ages sadly! I'm too lazy!:wink:

I'm staying in one of the Travel Lodge's, so i'll be in Cardiff for most of the afternoon before the gig.

Ill be in the cardiff line from about 8am - as I HAVE to get to the front just one more time.

At Twickers one they gave bands to people who arrived after 3:30 til about 4 even.

Although that was gate H and I think they gave a sizeable chunk to people in that section - the security guard told us 2500 for our gate and 2000 for gate G but i iant sure how many ppl actually ended up in our gate..

747 - quite impressed you got a hotel in Cardiff, think thats been the most challenging part for me, getting into Front enclosure, getting wristbands and even Dub tixs very 11th hour, piece of p*ss really compared to getting Cardiff hote, we are being very rock'n'roll and driving str8 back to London after the gig and going str8 to work!

786 - I was in the queue for Twickers 2 and was at Gate F, where they only gave 2000 wristbands, but I was there from Midday. But I saw them wondering around with wristbands at about 3.30pm

What gate are you lining up for at Cardiff, Im going to be at Gate 6, which looks like the furthest from the stage, could I call you when Im on my way up from London to see how long the queues are? I aint looking to push in, its just I can imagine I get done for speeding and all crazy things happens and I get to Cardiff and realise that there was like 5000 people in the queue before I set off from London!

Your right Arcade Fire song sounds great before the gigs, I have the song in my head now!

Aardvark747 said:
I'm playing it now - getting all excited for Cardiff...:drool:

:wink:
i have the chance for cardiff tickets, and am sooo tempted to take them, but i would have to go down on my own it looks and i really dont fancy liverpool to cardiff on my own so looks like i will be missing it :-(

KUEFC09U2 said:
i have the chance for cardiff tickets, and am sooo tempted to take them, but i would have to go down on my own it looks and i really dont fancy liverpool to cardiff on my own so looks like i will be missing it :-(

Dont be mad - go for it! You might regret it afterwards!:wink:

That island is not that big. Just suck it up and drive. I once drove a 10 hour round trip just to ski 40 inches of new snow (that 101 cm for you metric people).

Aardvark747 said:

Dont be mad - go for it! You might regret it afterwards!:wink:
hahaha... well hopefully the ticketmaster tickets wont have sold out by the time i get home :)

KUEFC09U2 said:
just such a horrible thought, the train from cardiff back to liverpool dosent leave until 4:30am

Maybe there's an all nite Jazz club or something u could kill time in!:wink:

I reckon all the B+B's and the like would've been taken by now....

KUEFC09U2 said:
just such a horrible thought, the train from cardiff back to liverpool dosent leave until 4:30am

best scenario possible! Get pissed and right before you pass out hop on the train and next thing you know you're in Liverpool.

Shaq - I am going in via Gate 1.

iirc Gate H was on the opposite side of the stage at Twickenham and we had to wlak the length of the pitch so i wouldnt worry to much

Yea you can call me on the day for updates mail me for my number

cheers

while we are on the subject of opening songs ... I'm still in search of the name of one of the intro songs from the Philly/NJ gigs. It was upbeat/happy song that sounded like a spray paint can was being shaken during it. It had a great beat. Can anyone help!! I've been searching since 5/18!!!!!!

KUEFC09U2 said:

Go for it mate, I'm doign the same thing....getting the train back to Liverpool at 4.30am. Rock and indeed, Roll! :wink:

Just downloaded Wake Up from Ares. It actually sounds a bit like The Polyphonic Spree. Anyone?

i actually thought this was a U2 song they recorded specially for the intro, listenging to it all morning and except for the bridge it could have been on HTDAAB in my opinion....

Back
Top Bottom