What's the reason for dropping RTSS?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Theedge070

War Child
Why hasn't the band been playing Running To Stand Still in recent gigs? I see they've swapped it for Miss Sarajevo, but IMO Sarajevo couldn't even stand up to Running.

So what gives? Is the band perceiving the song to be too boring for the fans? It was easily in the top 5 performances the night I saw them.

I believe U2 was tired of playing it and for once they decided to change something Yaaaahhhhooooooo!!! Don't complain about that :wink:

It's funny, when Miss Sarajevo debuted, we were all so incredibly excited.

Now, just a couple of weeks later, this forum has gone back into bitching, whining mode.

Make up your minds, people.

Axver said:

Now, just a couple of weeks later, this forum has gone back into bitching, whining mode.

:up: Well, I made up my mind from the very beginning: Every change is a good change :wink:

Personally, I'm glad they shook things up a bit adding Miss Sarajevo, but I'm kind of bummed that it had to be RTSS that got the axe for it. RTSS was one of the highlights from my Boston concert and was one of the songs on my "I'd be more than happy to hear this at every concert" list. While I'd definitely love to hear MS on the third leg, I'll also definitely be bummed if it's played at the three shows I'm (lucky enough to be) going to. Don't get me wrong. I'm sure I'll have a fabulous time (it can't get any worse, setlist wise than my only show thus far, BostonI...which was fine, but rather short...pretty bummed that they dumped ACD/ITH that night). Wow, this got rambling. Sorry. Guess that's what happens when I'm bored at work! :wink:

ETA: I can't believe I said "bummed" so many times in this post. Very sad indeed!

Axver said:

yeah, if only some would realize that their bitching is even more boring than the setlists that they complain about.

VertigoGal said:
Changes are good, and I love Miss Sarajevo, but I think songs like Pride need to be rotated out before a song like RTSS.

:wink: A song like Pride needs it's long and well deserved retirement :wink:

yay for changes!!! :rockon:
personally, I LOVE Miss Sarajevo... 'cause I love hearing Bono sing in Italian :wink:
but yeah, I wouldn't have swapped RTSS with MS... actually, I was looking forward to hearing RTSS al least once, but now I don't think it's gonna happen :shrug:

people who are saying drop pride etc sorry but i enjoy hearing them live, i do apologise

^yeah, I personally just really don't like Pride, and it's not any better live. it's not in my Top 20 or 30 U2 songs. add that to the fact that they've played it I think every tour since UF, and I think it deserves the boot. but whatever. :shrug:

just sad when i feel like i have to apologise for liking the live version of pride and one

mabel said:
Personally, I'm glad they shook things up a bit adding Miss Sarajevo, but I'm kind of bummed that it had to be RTSS that got the axe for it. RTSS was one of the highlights from my Boston concert and was one of the songs on my "I'd be more than happy to hear this at every concert" list. While I'd definitely love to hear MS on the third leg, I'll also definitely be bummed if it's played at the three shows I'm (lucky enough to be) going to.

And RTSS is on my "I'd be more than happy to hear this at every concert" list - and I agree with all your other setlist views!!!
I even agree that you said 'bummed' too many times ;)

KUEFC09U2 said:
just sad when i feel like i have to apologise for liking the live version of pride and one

Alright, KUEF, you indirectly answered my post, and now I answer yours directly...:wink:

Don't worry, we won't argue about this, because you can't really elaborate much on the fact that some people are fed up with hearing Pride (like me and Vertigogal) and some (like you) are not.....but noone said you had to apologise for liking it.

U2Man said:

Alright, KUEF, you indirectly answered my post, and now I answer yours directly...:wink:

Don't worry, we won't argue about this, because you can't really elaborate much on the fact that some people are fed up with hearing Pride (like me and Vertigogal) and some (like you) are not.....but noone said you had to apologise for liking it.
i know.... just the way i feel. quilt in a certain way

KUEFC09U2 said:

Pride is a GREAT song, but it never sounds good live.
The only thing that makes the song so good live is the crowd reaction.
Everybody enjoys singing the "One More.." and the "OH OH OH OHHs" and this is the only time it sounds great.
Not the band, not Bono, but us lot!
Take away the crowd reaction and it always sounds flat - now it's sounding a bit tired too - sorry,man.

'One' hit it's peak on the POP tours then became a little too much on the Elevation tours and now sounds like a 'I guess we should play One to keep the crowd happy' inclusion.

Don't get me wrong, if they played round the corner now and only did a 2 number show of Pride and One THEN I'D BE THERE BEFORE I COULD FINISH WRITING THI

U2mixer said:

Pride is a GREAT song, but it never sounds good live.
The only thing that makes the song so good live is the crowd reaction.
Everybody enjoys singing the "One More.." and the "OH OH OH OHHs" and this is the only time it sounds great.
Not the band, not Bono, but us lot!
Take away the crowd reaction and it always sounds flat - now it's sounding a bit tired too - sorry,man.

'One' hit it's peak on the POP tours then became a little too much on the Elevation tours and now sounds like a 'I guess we should play One to keep the crowd happy' inclusion.

Don't get me wrong, if they played round the corner now and only did a 2 number show of Pride and One THEN I'D BE THERE BEFORE I COULD FINISH WRITING THI
sorry as i said i actually like hearing this tours versions of them songs, imo they have come to life, even one which has been knocked so much this tour, but the new guitar intro gives it a very haunting sound for me,

so anyway

A lot of you need to remember something about concerts. Try going to a concert by a band you're only a casual fan of. You'll find you really enjoy hearing the songs their more fanatical supporters would consider to be their Prides and SBSs.

Some people here need to get their grasp back on reality, or stop seeing U2 live.

Dusty Bottoms said:
You like the new version of Bullet too so obviously youre a little :coocoo:

Someone's cuckoo just because they don't have the same tastes as you?

Axver said:
A lot of you need to remember something about concerts. Try going to a concert by a band you're only a casual fan of. You'll find you really enjoy hearing the songs their more fanatical supporters would consider to be their Prides and SBSs.

Some people here need to get their grasp back on reality, or stop seeing U2 live.

U2 has a lot of hits that they could rotate in for the Prides, SBSs, and Ones that would still make the casual fans happy.

And I apologize to Mr. K.

Dusty Bottoms said:
You like the new version of Bullet too so obviously youre a little :coocoo:
why because i like the new version?

wow thanks am now getting called mental because i like a U2 song?

Back
Top Bottom