What's the reason for dropping RTSS?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dusty Bottoms said:

U2 has a lot of hits that they could rotate in for the Prides, SBSs, and Ones that would still make the casual fans happy.

And I apologize to Mr. K.
like what? U2 have never been a band that has massive hits, of course they have had a few, but not as many as you think,

and it shows when they play WGRYWH when half the people there look blank as if to say, hmm whats this

Dusty Bottoms said:

U2 has a lot of hits that they could rotate in for the Prides, SBSs, and Ones that would still make the casual fans happy.

And I apologize to Mr. K.

Depends what you classify as 'hits' really.

Axver said:

Depends what you classify as 'hits' really.
hits that, people who have only just gotten into the band this and last tour, which to be fair is a hell of alot

Well, we'd all consider The Unforgettable Fire to be a fairly popular song, it was a hit back in its day, but would someone who's gotten into U2 with ATYCLB/HTDAAB and isn't a fanatic like us actually know it?

Also, a 'hit' could be relative to the area. Much of a US crowd might not recognise One Tree Hill, but a New Zealand audience would go BALLISTIC. (It went #1 in NZ.)

Axver said:
Well, we'd all consider The Unforgettable Fire to be a fairly popular song, it was a hit back in its day, but would someone who's gotten into U2 with ATYCLB/HTDAAB and isn't a fanatic like us actually know it?
thats what i am getting at :wink:

oh well as the saying goes around here, they cant please everybody, even though they are trying

KUEFC09U2 said:
thats what i am getting at :wink:

oh well as the saying goes around here, they cant please everybody, even though they are trying

Some people are just hard to please.

They haven't even done half of what I most want, and yet I couldn't be happier with the three shows I saw in Boston.

I'm still trying to figure out why She's gonna blow your house down hasn't shown up. That was a huge hit at my desk at work...

tkramer said:
I'm still trying to figure out why She's gonna blow your house down hasn't shown up. That was a huge hit at my desk at work...

I wish I knew why they won't play The Fool! It's gone #1 on my computer, in my discman, in my room ... really, all over the globe!

U3 NEVAH PLAE THERE HITZ!!!@!#12!!! !11 :mad:

Lets see, other hits they could rotate it:

Stuck in a Moment
Walk On
Discotheque
Staring at the Sun
Numb
Stay
Even Better than the Real Thing
The Sweetest Thing
Desire
Electrical Storm
Angel of Harlem

Etc...

All I'm saying is they have enough hits that they dont HAVE to play Pride every tour to make casual fans happy.

i say it was because Miss Sarajevo is a fitting song for whats been going on in London lately and its right in the middle of their preotest songs - SBS,BTBS,MS,P(ITNOL),WTSHNN,One

Dusty Bottoms said:

Stuck in a Moment
Walk On
Discotheque
Staring at the Sun
Numb
Stay
The Sweetest Thing
Desire
Electrical Storm
Angel of Harlem

Etc...

All I'm saying is they have enough hits that they dont HAVE to play Pride every tour to make casual fans happy.

:up: Exactly.

Sorry to shock you with this thread, but YOUR opinion doesn't count that much. The reason why U2 don't want play RTSS at the moment is: They'd like to play another tune instead. As simple as that ...

ZOOTVTOURist said:
Sorry to shock you with this thread, but YOUR opinion doesn't count that much. The reason why U2 don't want play RTSS at the moment is: They'd like to play another tune instead. As simple as that ...

Hey! I said something like that in the very beginning of the thread :huh:

:wink:

I hate the exchange.

RTSS for Miss Sarajevo when old, tired, decrepit Pride is still there and I won't even mention that turd, Elevation.

I'm not one of these habitual complainers - I don't even think I've posted on these forums more than a handful of times, but there is deadweight in that setlist and RTSS wasn't it.

anitram said:
I hate the exchange.

RTSS for Miss Sarajevo when old, tired, decrepit Pride is still there and I won't even mention that turd, Elevation.

I'm not one of these habitual complainers - I don't even think I've posted on these forums more than a handful of times, but there is deadweight in that setlist and RTSS wasn't it.

I honestly disagree with you on Pride and Elevation: before the tour, I wanted Pride to vanish from the sets for good, but now I think this is the best it's sounded since 1984 and can stay if it keeps sounding like this (though if it is cut, I won't be sad; there's heaps of other stuff I'd be even happier hearing), and Elevation was one of the most fun songs at all the shows I went to. I hope it doesn't go anywhere fast.

yeah, i don't like this.

i actually agree with you on almost everything except the 40 thing.

i'm a big atomic bomb fan, and i'm anti setlist bitching.

why do you have to agree with me? :mad:

Yeah, when I heard Elevation that first night in San Diego I thought, wow this song really sucks on this tour, but they really made it work after that.

It's the fun song of this tour.:wink:

StlElevation said:
yeah, i don't like this.

i actually agree with you on almost everything except the 40 thing.

i'm a big atomic bomb fan, and i'm anti setlist bitching.

why do you have to agree with me? :mad:

OMFZ Y DO U AGRI W/ ME?/??!?!1111#!@#!11 :mad: :madspit:

OK, seriously now. Just on the general topic that's come up about Elevation and fun songs, the one thing I love about this tour is that despite the heavy themes, the band cohesively mix in fun songs - whether it's Elevation, which rocks so much and makes the concert experience extremely enjoyable, or Party Girl, which is such a fun live song, or Zoo Station, which has an intro that just plain OWNS.

I definitely wouldn't want such enjoyable songs to go. Elevation is unashamedly fun - it's not there to slap you with a political message, it's just there to enjoy, and it's a shame some people have a problem with five lighthearted minutes.

I don't care if Pride "sounds" the best since 1984. This isn't American Idol, it's a rock show and that song has been played to bloody death. It's the proverbial dead horse that's been beaten to a bloody pulp and then they dug up the carcass so they could beat it up again. Out of their stunning catalogue, there are plenty of songs which would "sound" the best since ___ (fill in the blank) but haven't been played a bazillion times since Jesus walked the earth in sandals.

Elevation gets the crowd going, sure. So do plenty of Destiny's Child songs.

I'm more than pleased at my tickets and the chance of seeing them on this tour. But at the same time there are things that just make me scratch my head, seriously.

Dusty Bottoms said:

Stuck in a Moment
Walk On
Discotheque
Staring at the Sun
Numb
Stay
The Sweetest Thing
Desire
Electrical Storm
Angel of Harlem

Etc...

[/QUOTE yes and only 2 of them songs never showed up on the elevation tour, so wouldnt that be classed as repeating the same setlists from last tour?

see they give you something different, and now you want the same as the elevation tour

anitram said:
I don't care if Pride "sounds" the best since 1984. This isn't American Idol, it's a rock show and that song has been played to bloody death. It's the proverbial dead horse that's been beaten to a bloody pulp and then they dug up the carcass so they could beat it up again. Out of their stunning catalogue, there are plenty of songs which would "sound" the best since ___ (fill in the blank) but haven't been played a bazillion times since Jesus walked the earth in sandals.

I'm more than pleased at my tickets and the chance of seeing them on this tour. But at the same time there are things that just make me scratch my head, seriously.
well am sorry but i like them, so who gives you the right over me? i know its your opinion but your making it sound like they should be changed,

anitram said:

Destiny's Child! :love:
For this reason alone Elevation should stay in this tour's setlist.
:happy:

KUEFC09U2 said:
Dusty Bottoms said:

Stuck in a Moment
Walk On
Discotheque
Staring at the Sun
Numb
Stay
The Sweetest Thing
Desire
Electrical Storm
Angel of Harlem

Etc...

[/QUOTE yes and only 2 of them songs never showed up on the elevation tour, so wouldnt that be classed as repeating the same setlists from last tour?

see they give you something different, and now you want the same as the elevation tour

No he doesn't. A number of those songs weren't played on the Elevation tour endlessly. Pride was, though, as always, and he just suggested that these songs could be rotated in instead of Pride....

KUEFC09U2 said:
well am sorry but i like them, so who gives you the right over me? i know its your opinion but your making it sound like they should be changed,

This person's wish of having the setlist changed is just as legitimate as your wish of not having the setlist changed.

U2Man said:

This person's wish of having the setlist changed is just as legitimate as your wish of not having the setlist changed.
and i really understand that, but thats the thing, no one has any right over anyone so whats the point in going over and over the same subjects time after time, surley there is something else we can now debate? as the setlist one has gone on and on with the same comments time and time again

Back
Top Bottom