What's all the bellyaching for?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lemon_vr6

Acrobat
There are still tickets available for ALL of the presale shows at face value. So you couldn't get one of 1700 floor seats, so what? Some of you are crying like Bono drove to your house, slapped your mom and took the GAs right out of your hand. U2 is the most popular band in the world, did you actually expect Ticketmaster to not get overwhelmed? TM takes a dump when anything goes on sale, which is no secret. All of the allegations that U2 is out to defraud you are utterly pathetic.

"I"m going to sue U2"

"I had the RIGHT to get good seats"

Give me a break.

Last edited:
Wrong. I just got an email from Ticketmaster in the U.S. saying the presale is sold out.

At any rate, I'd have been happy with a semi-decent seat. GA wasn't all that important to me. All I was offered, however, were $160+ seats in the very rear or $40 seats behind the stage and this was at 10:06am...6 minutes after the start of the presale! And in the first 6 minutes all I got were system errors at Ticketmaster's site.

Last edited:
100% correct, even yesterday i knew i had a fight on my hands to get tickets, it is U2 after all

lemon_vr6 said:
There are still tickets available for ALL of the presale shows at face value. So you couldn't get one of 1700 floor seats, so what? Some of you are crying like Bono drove to your house, slapped your mom and took the GAs right out of your hand. .

LoL its more like he drove to my house (probabaly in his brand new u2.com ferrari) slapped ME and took my wallet LOL :wink:

(just kidding of course, im from europe and actually i got the tickets i wanted..)

uh, for the show I want to go to I can get ONE ticket for the second to last row in the arena. why would I want to sit by myself in the back of the arena? I didn't need to spend $40 to get tickets like that, I'm sure I could get that seat on Saturday if I wanted it.

I agree that I probably should have boughten the better tickets in the 30 minutes after the GA were gone, but I was so confused, I couldn't make a decision that quickly. I'm a poor college student and I can't just put down over $200 for tickets without thinking it through first. by the time I realized that any tickets were better then no tickets, everything worth buying was gone.

I'm not blaming Bono. I just want tickets. I don't even want GA, just somewhere in the vicinity of the stage would be fine with me. :|

lemon_vr6 said:
There are still tickets available for ALL of the presale shows at face value. So you couldn't get one of 1700 floor seats, so what? Some of you are crying like Bono drove to your house, slapped your mom and took the GAs right out of your hand. U2 is the most popular band in the world, did you actually expect Ticketmaster to not get overwhelmed? TM takes a dump when anything goes on sale, which is no secret. All of the allegations that U2 is out to defraud you are utterly pathetic.

"I"m going to sue U2"

Give me a break.

All I wanted was a chance...1 1/2 hours spent refreshing and getting an internal error message...I would have taken any of 4 different shows...I haven't got one...

we have every right to be pissed. we got great seats for years through prop, and when they statrted this u2.com sham and asked to pay again (for unexpired subscriptions) we expected to continue to be treated decently by a band that supposedly values its fans. it's been 24 hours and i still haven't heard a word from them on the subject.

Why are scalpers on ebay boasting 86 pairs of exclusive fanclub tickets? why did these auctions statrt before the presale? why did these people have photos of the tix before the presale? if the band isn't respnsible, then they should at least investigate whether or not ticketmaster and fanfire made backroom deals with brokers?

I think it's just kinda sad that the people that paid money to have a chance at tickets are getting shafted with the worst seats in the house. That's what people are mad about. (Along with the people that paid $40 and got nothing).

madonna's child said:
uh, for the show I want to go to I can get ONE ticket for the second to last row in the arena. why would I want to sit by myself in the back of the arena? I didn't need to spend $40 to get tickets like that, I'm sure I could get that seat on Saturday if I wanted it.

I agree that I probably should have boughten the better tickets in the 30 minutes after the GA were gone, but I was so confused, I couldn't make a decision that quickly. I'm a poor college student and I can't just put down over $200 for tickets without thinking it through first. by the time I realized that any tickets were better then no tickets, everything worth buying was gone.

:shame: Shame on you for being a poor college student. :wink:

lemon_vr6 said:

"I"m going to sue U2"

Give me a break.

Sure, go get me some MSG tickets if you can and then pass them over.

Shut up.

Re: Re: What's all the bellyaching for?

yyoo said:
Wrong. I just got an email from Ticketmaster in the U.S. saying the presale is sold out.

At any rate, I'd have been happy with a semi-decent seat. GA wasn't all that important to me. All I was offered, however, were $160+ seats in the very rear or $40 seats behind the stage and this was at 10:06am...6 minutes after the start of the presale! And in the first 6 minutes all I got were system errors at Ticketmaster's site.

I can buy tickets to all of the US shows as of 1pm Pacific time. I realize that some of you feel the entitlement to excellent seats, but the 100,000+ u2.com members NOT posting on this site think the same way. It's just the price we pay for U2's popularity. The Edge isn't sitting in his palace being fanned by slaves holding palm leaves lighting his barbecue with $100 bills. They're the same four guys and the same band.

I'm the kind of person who think's people whine too much today and harbor a baseless sense of entitlement. But in this case I'm with - and one of - the whiners. (it's not fun.)

Anyone who has participated in a presale knows you get quality seats. Yesterday's seats, with few exceptions, were not quality.

Anyone who has been with Propaganda (most of us) expected similar treatment as before - certainly the band's statements and "priority" prmise and subscriber hype leading up to Presale Day ensured that. So expectations were high - and passion for this tour is astronomical - then came the dissapointment.

All the GAs (with rare exception) are on Ebay.

Add the system troubles and glitches and you have a recipe for a lousy presale.

Presales are supposed to build excitment. I doubt 2 of 3 people here were playing U2 last night. That's catastrophic for a presale.

As I said on another thread - the bandmates did not price the GAs at $50 with the expectation that almost all of them would be in scalpers hands and sold on Ebay. So will we're bitching, you may be sure they are too. Not one of those four likes the idea of being someone else's work horse. Especially somone who takes from them what they wanted to give to others. Those tickets and prices were intended for regular fans - else they would have ran $200. U2 does not steeply discount tickets to make ticket agencies rich.

David

U2@NYC said:

Sure, go get me some MSG tickets if you can and then pass them over.

Shut up.

What entitles you to floor seats? You got in line with everyone else, and weren't lucky. You have no right to good seats. U2.com guaranteed you the CHANCE to get TICKETS for the show. Just because the tickets available were beneath you isn't their fault. What a great fan you are, not getting your preferred seats then attacking the band. I'll buy a seat in the goddamn arena bathroom before I don't go.

Re: Re: Re: What's all the bellyaching for?

lemon_vr6 said:

I can buy tickets to all of the US shows as of 1pm Pacific time. I realize that some of you feel the entitlement to excellent seats, but the 100,000+ u2.com members NOT posting on this site think the same way. It's just the price we pay for U2's popularity. The Edge isn't sitting in his palace being fanned by slaves holding palm leaves lighting his barbecue with $100 bills. They're the same four guys and the same band.

You could not have bought a single MSG ticket after 10:10 a.m. yesterday so, first, stop lying, and, second, if you can buy them (since you seem to have a magical password or so) pass them over.

lemon_vr6 said:

Then Ticketmaster customer support is lying....again.

Here is the text of the email I received. It was dated 11:34:58 Pacific Time.

Thank you for your e-mail. We apologize for the inconvenience caused. Please not
e that the pre-sale tickets for the event has been sold out. You may try purchas
ing them when the event goes on sale on Sunday, January 30, 2005, at 10 a.m.

If you have any further questions, please reply and include all previous corresp
ondence.

Sincerely,
Yohan (Customer Support)

lemon_vr6 said:

What entitles you to floor seats? You got in line with everyone else, and weren't lucky. You have no right to good seats. U2.com guaranteed you the CHANCE to get TICKETS for the show. Just because the tickets available were beneath you isn't their fault. What a great fan you are, not getting your preferred seats then attacking the band. I'll buy a seat in the goddamn arena bathroom before I don't go.

Who the hell asked for floor seats? I could not get a single seat at all in the whole building...

So, third, please learn to read and pay attention to what I write. I never said I deserved GAs.

Again, go to the ticketmaster website again and check if you can get any MSG seats (you can't, I have been checking non-stop for the past 2 days) and I will have proven my point.

Bellyaching? When whoever the sons of b!tches are change seating charts labeled "U2 concert" two and three times immediately before and during a presale - and this bullsh!t happens in several arenas - then that's not bellyaching.

That's legitimate outrage against possibly intentional fraud.

And that's not even the half of it. Did the person who started this thread even read a portion of the voluminous accounts of problems?

The Ebay thing is another big-time red flag. Why do ticket brokers have tickets before they are even on sale?

I call bullsh!t.

yyoo said:

The presale is definately not sold out in the US. I was just able (right now) to pull seats for every venue, except of course MSG.

I'm convinced whatever seats got set aside for MSG went in less than an hour. I only got 1 crack at 1 seat in section 420 which I turned down and was never offered any option again.

But right now there are even tickets still available for both shows in Boston, which I find pretty incredible, I would have thought those tickets, as well as, NJ would have gone pretty quickly too, but every single venue in the U.S. (except MSG) is still offering tickets.

Re: Re: Re: Re: What's all the bellyaching for?

U2@NYC said:

Who the hell asked for floor seats? I could not get a single seat at all in the whole building...

So, third, please learn to read and pay attention to what I write. I never said I deserved GAs.

Again, go to the ticketmaster website again and check if you can get any MSG seats (you can't, I have been checking non-stop for the past 2 days) and I will have proven my point.

So... You wanted seats to the biggest US show U2 will play in the biggest city in the US? What did you expect? U2.com can't increase the size of MSG. I would bet that if the whole arena was up for the presale the same thing would have happened. 50,000 people going for 18,000 seats will inevitably result in disappointment.

Last edited:

lemon_vr6 said:

What entitles you to floor seats? You got in line with everyone else, and weren't lucky. You have no right to good seats. U2.com guaranteed you the CHANCE to get TICKETS for the show.

Read the article at this link, you'll see what they ACTUALLY promised.

http://www.atu2.com/news/article.src?ID=3721

100,000 members, perhaps 26,000 tickets made available. "Guaranteed priority booking," my foot.

ramblin rose said:

The presale is definately not sold out in the US. I was just able (right now) to pull seats for every venue, except of course MSG.

I'm convinced whatever seats got set aside for MSG went in less than an hour. I only got 1 crack at 1 seat in section 420 which I turned down and was never offered any option again.

But right now there are even tickets still available for both shows in Boston, which I find pretty incredible, I would have thought those tickets, as well as, NJ would have gone pretty quickly too, but every single venue in the U.S. (except MSG) is still offering tickets.

Well, I checked Philadelphia and it is also sold out... not even a single ticket. And I have also been checking that for the past 24 hs.

So there you have it, two clear cases of misjudging demand.

I agree with lemon 200%. Even before this presale, these so -called diehard fans (what a joke) have bitched and complained about every stupid, fucking thing. They complain about setlists, cities selected for the tour, ticket prices, what they wear, etc. They dion't get it.

U were neevr guaranteed tickets okay. Life is a bitch, live with it. What were you people smoking? Did you all think you would log on to Ticketmaster and get tickets in 2 minutes? I have news for you - you were not the only one trying to get tickets. If you want to go so bad, camp out and get tickets when they go on sale to the general public.

It pisses me off that Edge's family member might be dying or gravely ill and all of you worry about is that they are only playing limited dates on the first leg. Now ask yourself a question. What would you do if someone you loved was ill? Would you worry about a fucking U2 presale? Edge is in LA - don't some of you jackasses think he might be here for a reason.

If all of you want to do is complain and bitch, STAY THE FUCK HOME! Watch reruns of American Idol or Simple Life!

KUEFC09U2 said:
100% correct, even yesterday i knew i had a fight on my hands to get tickets, it is U2 after all

I have to agree. Getting U2 tickets has always been a struggle. But it's a struggle I choose and I see it as a privilege. Being in the house with U2 always reminds me of what a privileged life I live. The joy and the lift I get from those live shows is worth a fight.
I'm not happy to miss out on GA tix or to pay almost $400 for a pair of tickets. But I won't be thinking about that come showtime. Now I turn my focus to continuing to battle for some more/better tickets this Sat. I've been saving money for this tour for the last 18 months and I will enjoy as many shows as I can get to.

As far as Ticketmaster goes, well, they suck, as always. This is no surprise to me.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What's all the bellyaching for?

lemon_vr6 said:

So... You wanted seats to the biggest US show U2 will play in the biggest city in the US? What did you expect? U2.com can't increase the size of MSG. I would bet that if the whole arena was up for the presale the same thing would have happened. 50,000 people going for 18,000 seats will inevitably result in disappointment.

Am I asking for too much? In the old times of Propaganda, I was always able to get seats for MSG without any hassle at all.

Sure, if they would have known that 50,000 members would have gone for the tickets, then make 50,000 seats available and that it is not my fault.

And by the way, it seems to me that your first posts in these forum are targeted towards bashing members so my feeling is that you should go somewhere else.

Re: Re: Re: Re: What's all the bellyaching for?

U2@NYC said:

Well, I checked Philadelphia and it is also sold out... not even a single ticket. And I have also been checking that for the past 24 hs.

So there you have it, two clear cases of misjudging demand.

"Misjudging demand" is a far lesser cry than "fraud".

mkrieg said:
I agree with lemon 200%. Even before this presale, these so -called diehard fans (what a joke) have bitched and complained about every stupid, fucking thing. They complain about setlists, cities selected for the tour, ticket prices, what they wear, etc. They dion't get it.

U were neevr guaranteed tickets okay. Life is a bitch, live with it. What were you people smoking? Did you all think you would log on to Ticketmaster and get tickets in 2 minutes? I have news for you - you were not the only one trying to get tickets. If you want to go so bad, camp out and get tickets when they go on sale to the general public.

It pisses me off that Edge's family member might be dying or gravely ill and all of you worry about is that they are only playing limited dates on the first leg. Now ask yourself a question. What would you do if someone you loved was ill? Would you worry about a fucking U2 presale? Edge is in LA - don't some of you jackasses think he might be here for a reason.

If all of you want to do is complain and bitch, STAY THE FUCK HOME! Watch reruns of American Idol or Simple Life!

If all you have to do is bitch about the so-called bitchers, maybe you should shut up and let us bitch, since it does not bother you.

But, before that, two questions:

1. Did you get tickets?
2. Are you a former Propaganda member?

If you say 'yes' to question #1 and 'no' to question #2 then your attitude is much clearer to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom