What's all the bellyaching for?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What's all the bellyaching for?

U2@NYC said:

Am I asking for too much? In the old times of Propaganda, I was always able to get seats for MSG without any hassle at all.

Sure, if they would have known that 50,000 members would have gone for the tickets, then make 50,000 seats available and that it is not my fault.

And by the way, it seems to me that your first posts in these forum are targeted towards bashing members so my feeling is that you should go somewhere else.

I'm pointing out that some of you are very spoiled little children. Perhaps I am not the one past their due date.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What's all the bellyaching for?

lemon_vr6 said:

"Misjudging demand" is a far lesser cry than "fraud".

I never said fraud, I just said they screwed up big time and that I am hoping that they would do something to fix it (e.g., release more pre-sale tickets in sold-out venues).

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What's all the bellyaching for?

lemon_vr6 said:

I'm pointing out that some of you are very spoiled little children. Perhaps I am not the one past their due date.

Ok, same two questions I asked your bashing friend.

1. Did you get tickets?
2. Are you a former Propaganda member?

U2@NYC said:

If all you have to do is bitch about the so-called bitchers, maybe you should shut up and let us bitch, since it does not bother you.

But, before that, two questions:

1. Did you get tickets?
2. Are you a former Propaganda member?

If you say 'yes' to question #1 and 'no' to question #2 then your attitude is much clearer to me.

1. No.
2. Yes.

I was a prop member and didn't get anything. did anybody rip me off? Hell no. Sellouts are part of the U2 game.

lemon_vr6 said:

1. No.
2. Yes.

I was a prop member and didn't get anything. did anybody rip me off? Hell no. Sellouts are part of the U2 game.

At least try being honest in your answers. It is not that hard.

lemon is stirring up trouble, under guise, and threatens to get this thread locked up.

Best not to respond to his semantic games (and meet his passive aggresive needs).

David

Re: Re: Re: Re: What's all the bellyaching for?

U2@NYC said:
Well, I checked Philadelphia and it is also sold out... not even a single ticket. And I have also been checking that for the past 24 hs.

So there you have it, two clear cases of misjudging demand.

You're right Philly sold out too. I checked them last night and there were tickets still available but I guess those also went.

I just wonder why there are still tickets left at Fleet (even what is supposely closing night) & Continental? I never thought the presale more than 24 hours after if began would still have tickets available.

U2@NYC said:

At least try being honest in your answers. It is not that hard.

I COULD have gotten tickets, I got through the TM system. I chose to get the seats I want through E-pay. I'm disappointed, yes, but it's not anybody's fault.

Last edited:

lemon_vr6 said:

Trolling and name-calling. Riggggggght....and we're the spoiled children.

Re: Re: Re: What's all the bellyaching for?

ramblin rose said:

The presale is definately not sold out in the US. I was just able (right now) to pull seats for every venue, except of course MSG.

I'm convinced whatever seats got set aside for MSG went in less than an hour. I only got 1 crack at 1 seat in section 420 which I turned down and was never offered any option again.

But right now there are even tickets still available for both shows in Boston, which I find pretty incredible, I would have thought those tickets, as well as, NJ would have gone pretty quickly too, but every single venue in the U.S. (except MSG) is still offering tickets.

They are still offering tickets because U2 fans aren't stupid. The back row in each arena is being offered at around $100.00. Wake up, who's going to pay that now.

". . . every single venue in the U.S. (except MSG) is still offering tickets."

Oh is that right? Maybe people are sick & f'in tired of the type of thing that happened yesterday and said to hell with them.

Maybe they won't sell out even the few dates they have? Or the ticket brokers and scalpers can buy 'em up and try to sell $165 nosebleeds for $1,000 on eBay.

lemon_vr6 said:
There are still tickets available for ALL of the presale shows at face value. So you couldn't get one of 1700 floor seats, so what? Some of you are crying like Bono drove to your house, slapped your mom and took the GAs right out of your hand. U2 is the most popular band in the world, did you actually expect Ticketmaster to not get overwhelmed? TM takes a dump when anything goes on sale, which is no secret. All of the allegations that U2 is out to defraud you are utterly pathetic.

"I"m going to sue U2"

"I had the RIGHT to get good seats"

Give me a break.

Perhaps a little thought would be in order before you make these comments.

U2.com sold memberships with the promise of priority access to tour tickets.

Subsequently, U2.com began to inform members of additional limitations and restrictions on this "priority access". The result is an "illusion of priority" as not all tickets were available, only a limited number.

If U2.com sold more memberships than tickets secured for the priority sale, it is, in my opinion, fraud.

lemon_vr6 said:

I think people have the right to vent here without name calling/personal attacks etc. And I don't see this thread getting any better at this point. So....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom