What you DON'T want them to play...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2_england

The Fly
Hey, we buy the albums, pay the high ticket prices so maybe WE should have a say about this!

Please, please, please don't play...

Wild Honey - tame, lame honey
Stuck In A Moment - stuck in a bad moment
In A Little While - not little enough
Yah Weh - Yah Noh!

In saying that, I suppose there has to be one song they play that you don't like just in case you need to pop to the loo!

I 2nd the dropping of Pride - and I have never, ever heard a live version of it that comes close to the UF studio version.

And back to The Fly - the band was talking up how they found a new "melody" in the song for the Elevation tour but all it turned out to be was a very nice, emotional, moody intro into the same old buzzsaw version of the song. I have never felt that the two elements fit together all that well.

here I go again - I am a bit edgy today, weening myself off cigarettes.

I dont want them to play any song that Bono cannot at least do a decent vocal performance on. Sorry folks, but alot of the Elevation versions of Sunday Bloody Sunday were pretty sad in my book. Slow tempo and poor vocals from Bono. No More!!

I really hope they dont play Walk on...the live version of that song stinks.

i do not want Love is Blindess (rumor mill has been talking about this one resurfacing)

I do not want Stuck in a Moment either

i sooooo want to hear love is blindness live!
well in my opinion they can replace Bullet... with any other song.

Walk On sucks live? What? Wow. I'm shocked at that. Did you actually see it live, or just hear it on disk or something? I thought it was absolutely amazing live - 1000 times better than on the album.

What not to play? I agree - take the songs out that Bono can't hit anymore. Which aren't many, really, but I think since his Dad died he's had more confidence in his own voice - meaning if he hits that high in 'Sometimes' he can hit just about anything.

ramblin rose said:
Wow, this is such a feel good thread.:wink:

Hey, ramblin rose, I see from your sig that you're a blind follower, but come on - there MUST be a track you'd rather not hear them play!

To agree with some posters here, I think WOWY lost it's edge (no pun intended) and Bono grabbing a girl from the audience is a bit nauseating now.
I'm sure it's a great experience for the girl, but I could live without it.

u2_england said:

Hey, ramblin rose, I see from your sig that you're a blind follower, but come on - there MUST be a track you'd rather not hear them play!

Ha, that's funny. Yeah, I actually put that sig in when the presale disaster struck and everyone was yelling bloody murder, contacting the Attorney General, boycotting the grammies etc. I got really pissed off.

Yeah, there probably is a song I wouldn't care to much to hear. It's just not something I'm focusing on right now. I know I will enjoy the show, whatever they end up playing. I have an easier time thinking about the songs that I want them to play.

I'll be happy with a thorough playing of the new stuff with some old stuff thrown in.:wink:

Edited to say: I could probably live without Playboy Mansion.:|

theoeiii said:
Walk On sucks live? What? Wow. I'm shocked at that. Did you actually see it live, or just hear it on disk or something? I thought it was absolutely amazing live - 1000 times better than on the album.

Yes I've seen it and heard it live many times...I just didn't like it. I would rather see Love is Blindness live IMHO.:wink:

Yahweh and A Man And A Woman would make ideal bathroom breaks for me. I am also burned out on ATYCLB songs, but I don't imagine that many this side of Beautiful Day will get played on this tour.

I could say goodbye to:

Pride
Bullet
I Still Haven't Found
Walk On
Until the End of the World
New Years Day
Sunday Bloody Sunday

The above songs have been played so much that I don't want U2 to turn into the Stones (typcial warhorses played to put a smile on the masses). U2 should pick 2-3 greatest hits from the list above to rotate to make it a little interesting for us freaks.

ihavefollowed said:
Yahweh and A Man And A Woman would make ideal bathroom breaks for me.

Bullet has always been my bathroom break song :D

I can certainly do without
Streets, Pride, SBS...All the usuals that we know will be played..There's a list a mile long of songs that can replace those..

Those of you who want to cut Streets are out of your minds!:wink: I hope the band doesn't read this and take your advice :shifty:

There is no song I don't want to hear, but since they have to make choices I could do without Pride, End of the World (awesome live but 3 tours of bull fight is enough), Bullet (because it's just not as good as it used to be live).

There are many others of course but those have been overplayed.

I was SO happy they brought back SBS during Elevation, I don't think it has aged at all. And for WOWY, well, it's my all-time favourite song, so I'd like to hear it, but I admit it hasn't been very powerful live since the JT Tour so I wouldn't be *too* mad if they cut it out.

am sorry but what about the people that are going for the first time? dont you all find this a wee bit selfish that your saying "oh no i couldnt bear hearing that live again", yet the people who are going for the first time havent?

KUEFC09U2 said:
am sorry but what about the people that are going for the first time? dont you all find this a wee bit selfish that your saying "oh no i couldnt bear hearing that live again", yet the people who are going for the first time havent?

No kidding! This is hilarious to think that somebody would like to do away with Streets. Yes, lets dump the ONE song that electrifies the whole audience the most. :scratch:

I'd be happy to just see U2. They can play Red Light for all I care.

Back
Top Bottom