What would YOU do in this situation...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2wedge

New Yorker
HYPOTHETICAL...

A person recently paid for an auction on eBay for a certain pair of tickets. After this person paid, they realized that the tickets were not together and requested a refund, which they did get. No problem, right? Well, a couple weeks later they receive one of the two tickets in the mail from the seller. They have confirmed with the seller that this was a mistake. I am wondering what you all would do in this situation... do the right thing? Or is there a cost to being careless?

Like I said, this is a hypothetical question, so please, no flaming...

I'm interested in your thoughts...

Last edited:
yes, i would send it back for the u2 karma

if i didnt i know id never beep to get into the ellipse

I think I would probably give them back....But you never know.

Actually one time had to buy tickets from a scalper for a zoo tv show and had bought 3 of them. When they showed up in the mail there was only 2!!! Luckily they believed me and sent me another one.

You talk about karma, but what if the person selling the tix on ebay was a ticket broker? (I'm guessing they must've been handling lots of tickets to be so careless.) It's akin to feeling bad about scamming another U2 fan but feeling ok when Ticketmaster or Walmart or Best Buy screws up. Honestly, if any of the latter threw me a bone by accident, I'd take it.

u2wedge said:
Or is there a cost to being careless?

clarify for me...who's the careless one?

the person who probably didn't read the fine print before bidding on the ticket(s)? or the seller who mailed the ticket after giving back the refund?

if the seller was nice enough to agree to a refund, then i think it's just courteous to send the ticket back.

Re: Re: What would YOU do in this situation...

xtihn said:

clarify for me...who's the careless one?

the person who probably didn't read the fine print before bidding on the ticket(s)? or the seller who mailed the ticket after giving back the refund?

if the seller was nice enough to agree to a refund, then i think it's just courteous to send the ticket back.

well put.

Um, if I gave you a refund b/c of your own mistake and you went ahead and kept the product, I would definitely leave negative feedback and most likely file with SquareTrade.

if the person gave you a refund because of a misunderstanding you should offer them the same courtesy.

I woudl give them back in hopes that he/she says okey you can have it half price for your honesty heheheh :wink: nah just kidding i would give it back but ofcourse wouldnt expect anything in return, ide just feel really good about it in the long run.!

Back
Top Bottom