What would yo ulike to see for U2's next tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chizip

Blue Crack Addict
I'd like to see them do something like what the Rolling Stones did for their last tour.

Mixing together club, arena, and stadium shows. That way you please everybody.

For casual fans you have the big stadium shows where they can play all their big hits and have a big spectacle that casual fans love.

For the more diehard fans you play the clubs and then you can mix in more rare songs, and mix up the setlists more.

Arena shows would be for the markets that couldn't sell out the big stadiums, and would be a mix of the other two.

That would be :drool:

A front row seat without the hassle of GA! :wink:

I wouldn't mind seeing a few of the old warhorses either retired or at least rotated a bit. Keep Pride and Streets for every show, if they must, but at least play WOWY less frequently, or swap it with New Year's Day or something.

Me, I like the smaller arenas, so I'm fine with U2 keeping it to arenas in the States.

See, the club shows would be for people that didn't want to have to deal with GA, while the stadium shows would be for the people who liked it.

Everybody would be happy!

I like arenas :up: I have no need to see them in a stadium ever again

To see them in a club might be more happiness than I can handle.

what was the price structure for the Stones when they did that? I imagine getting a club ticket would be next to impossible and cost a fortune

! I've never even thought about U2 playing club shows before! What were these Rolling Stone club shows like? I'm assuming they can't be THAT small...

I'd be over the moon to see a club show, if it were guaranteed somehow that fans could get tickets through the fan club and not have them all be snatched up by scalpers, or people who sign up for the fan club just with the intention of scalping the tickets.

corianderstem said:
I'd be over the moon to see a club show, if it were guaranteed somehow that fans could get tickets through the fan club and not have them all be snatched up by scalpers, or people who sign up for the fan club just with the intention of scalping the tickets.

That'd be the main problem. Tickets for a club show would probably be uber-expensive, uber-hard-to-get, and still attract casual fans. If there were a way around that, it'd be awesome. Saw Billy Joel do a college tour & we saw him in a small performance area with about 400 people. Very cool. U2 in such a venue would be off the hook!

I'd like to see them implement a new way of ticketing---a method like when you go to the movies. You buy your ticket with a credit card. All tickets are Will-Call, and you have to swipe your credit card at the venue the day-of in order to get the ticket. The only scalpers in that scenario are the ones who now have a mere 2 hours to sell their tickets. If you bought a ticket and can't make it, you're either out of luck or you give it to a friend you can trust enough to lend your credit card to. That friend will likely either be into U2 or someone you'd like to get into U2.

I'd like to see them open the show with 6 or 7 songs from the new album, the same way they did for much of ZooTV. Just say 'fuck it' to the old stuff and all the people who are there just to hear the old hits.

I want the red screens back with Streets, as well as a proper, long intro.

I'd like to see Zooropa open an encore.

I'd like to see about a dozen random songs played, but I won't list them all here.

I'd like to see Bono lose the shades for most of the show.

That's good enough for now. :wink:

redkat said:
what was the price structure for the Stones when they did that? I imagine getting a club ticket would be next to impossible and cost a fortune

Well, to be near the stage on the floor for a stadium show was $400 a pop for the Stones. Tickets for their club shows were extremely difficult to get. So tickets for a U2 club show would be just as difficult to get. Plus I think the U2 fans are a tad more fanatical than the Stones fans. So factor that in there also. It would be hysteria trying to get those tickets.

Would be cool if they did it and you could actually get a ticket. But they wont do it, they dont think their music suits a club for the most part anyway. I have a feeling in order to make the 3 different type shows thing work, their pricing would need to be similiar to the Stones as well. No thanks.

I wouldnt mind seeing a stadium show or two and a few arena shows. That would be the best they could do I think and the most feasible. I think they will continue to do it just like they have the last couple tours though. Difference is that if ticket demand is high for the N. American Arena shows they may add a leg of stadium shows here next time.

Red screens must come back for streets!

Also the lights should be turned on in the beginning of Streets like it used to!

Front row seats- :drool:

Eliminate the acoustic portion of the set.

Semi-retiring a few warhorses would be nice.

Something different than a heart/ellipse, but keeping the floor GA.

I'd like a fair few things:
1. Start the tour in Europe for a change. Play all of Europe, not just the western part. Mainly play stadiums but go for a few arenas (in addition to stadium gigs) in the most fanatical markets as a sort of bonus for the keenest fans, e.g. in Ireland and the Netherlands.
2. One BIG leg of the States rather than two treks. Stadiums in the markets that can sustain it, arenas in the rest.
3. Tour THE WORLD. I don't just mean Latin America, Oceania, and Japan. I also mean mainland Asia, and any part of Africa that can support it.
4. Varied sets. At least have more rotating slots, or two sets to choose from.
5. Less waffling speeches, more concise and well-chosen sentences.
6. Ditch some of the old warhorses or at least make them rotational, especially One, Pride, and WOWY. U2 has enough hits that they could easily rotate out heaps and still keep casual fans happy. They don't care if U2 plays Desire or EBTTRT.
7. Bring in a few more rarities to treat the fans, and leave them in for the entire tour!
8. To summarise #6 and #7, have a big pool of songs to draw upon each night.
9. THE ELECTRIC CO.

Caroni said:
For their next tour I just want them to come here :sad: I wont ask for anything else!!!!

Vc acha q o comandante deixa Caroni ?

1. Do Stadiums and Arenas'.
2. Retire Pride, One, and WOWY
3. Bigger production.
4. Rotate a bit more. (Vertigo leg 1 was perfect)
5. Play the UF.

Firstly, do an only arenas tour. Strip it back. If U2 are still the best live band in the world, they dont need TV screen and catwalks. They made their reputation without any of that stuff! Maybe just some nice lights and effects, like REM and Radiohead these days.

In doing this and hopefully making the show less formulmatic, they could afford to mix up the setlists so more.

They could even mix the opening numbers around. Sometimes start with Streets, sometimes COBL, sometimes Vertigo, sometimes a new song or two.

If they have a pool of about 40-50 songs to work with, we'd get a nice mix and surely it would keep things interesting for the band. Its something they really havent done too much of and would be great for them and us!!

Songs to retire: Pride, Bullet
Songs to semi-retire (on rotation): WOWY, NYD, One

I'd pay money for them to put Bullet away, and, Pride, too, for that matter. Though, I understand why they play them, and do not get upset when I hear them, but, yeah, if it were up to me, say goodbye to both....and, as Axver said....

The Electric Co. Let them play that song until I get sick of it (never).

And, yeah, in general, would love to see a wider variety of songs being played on a rotating basis, but, I'll never hold my breath for that one.

Caroni said:

probably Chavez will give Bono 10000000000000000000 millions just to have a pic with him!

I think it is posible, but the idea of a Bono-Chavez meeting makes me sick :sick:

El problem creo yo , alem del precos de tickets , es no creo ellos irian tocar num pais , con una ditadura disfarcada de democracia como es venezuela , Es una puta merda , para lo povo y fans , pero creo que es asi mia cara

For the one long American Leg idea...

05-18 -- Seattle, WA -- Key Arena
05-19 -- Seattle, WA -- Key Arena
05-23 -- Los Angeles, CA -- STAPLES Center
05-24 -- Los Angeles, CA -- STAPLES Center
05-25 -- Los Angeles, CA -- STAPLES Center
05-28 -- San Francisco, CA -- Monster Park
05-31 -- Anaheim, CA -- Arrowhead Pond
06-03 -- Las Vegas, NV -- Thomas & Mark Center
06-04 -- Las Vegas, NV -- Thomas & Mark Center
06-06 -- San Diego, CA -- iPayOne Center
06-08 -- Tempe, AZ -- Sun Devil Stadium