What would yo ulike to see for U2's next tour? - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 Vertigo Tour Central 2004 / 2005 / 2006 Archive > General Tour Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 12-28-2006, 06:47 PM   #61
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!

Local Time: 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2Man
i'm just happy if they ever tour again.

Old 12-28-2006, 06:55 PM   #62
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 09:14 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by J_NP

How could you take something like "disappearing into thin air" seriously? This forum amazes me.

Old 12-28-2006, 11:26 PM   #63
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Zootlesque

How could you take something like "disappearing into thin air" seriously? This forum amazes me.
Sarcasm really is dead.

That's what the next tour should do.

I want U2 to bring sarcasm back with a new hit single SarcasmBack.
Old 12-28-2006, 11:54 PM   #64
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 08:14 AM
They better lay down some m4d beatz.
Old 12-29-2006, 12:03 AM   #65
New Yorker

Local Time: 07:14 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Zootlesque

How could you take that I could take something like "disappearing into thin air" seriously? I quoted that part yes , but my response was directed to the radio head thing

Talk about amazing .....
Old 12-29-2006, 12:05 AM   #66
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 09:14 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by phillyfan26
Sarcasm really is dead.

That's what the next tour should do.

I want U2 to bring sarcasm back with a new hit single SarcasmBack.
!!!
Old 12-29-2006, 12:35 AM   #67
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 05:14 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by coolian2
They better lay down some m4d beatz.
And they need samples. Plenty of samples. For example, Comic Book Guy should be sampled for the chorus:

"Oooh, a sarcasm detector, that's a really useful invention!"

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 12-29-2006, 05:52 AM   #68
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by J_NP

How could you take that I could take something like "disappearing into thin air" seriously? I quoted that part yes , but my response was directed to the radio head thing

Talk about amazing .....
radiohead is definitely amazing.
Old 12-29-2006, 09:10 AM   #69
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Man

radiohead is definitely amazing.
I actually meant that it was amazing that .....

Zootlesque could take that I could .......
Old 12-29-2006, 10:13 AM   #70
ONE
love, blood, life

yeah, well zootlesque is amazing.
Old 12-31-2006, 07:22 AM   #71
New Yorker

Local Time: 03:14 PM
I'd like to see them mix up the stage setup a bit. Ellipse/Heart were awesome, but I think they could do something different with it, something along the lines of this:

Old 01-04-2007, 06:47 PM   #72
Refugee

Local Time: 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Muad'zin
  • For normal tours, MIX THINGS UP! Nothing is more boring then forking out a lot of cash, thanks to scalpers, and getting the same boring predictable setlist every bloody night. Cause I'm not going to do it anymore. It's just not worth the money IMHO. Maybe if tickets were still €50, but not at €100 and rising. I want to be surprised. Create multiple setlists. Have Edge kick Bono into rehearsal so he finally starts to rehearse some new songs. Threaten to nuke Africa if he doesn't.
  • Fight scalping. And I'm not talking about the dudes outside of the venues.
    I'm talking E-bay and the agencies. Its getting worse all the time. And as it gets harder to get tickets and scalping drives up prices, why should I get tickets? Especially if all shows are the same from start to finish.
  • Have somebody shut up Bono when he starts to talk about Africa. It's gotten completely out of control on this tour. 2 to 3 friggin' minutes are way to much. Force him to be concise. If your speech lasts so long that by the end you want to nuke Africa instead of helping it, its definately not working. And if he goes on, let Edge do a guitar solo!
  • No more stadiums. Stadiums suck! Especially if you have to sit in the back thanks to the scalpers buying up all the good tickets. If I have to sit way up in the back, I'd rather it be in an Arena where the band still can be seen, instead of me having to use the hubble telescop
  • Either give the tapers free reign to tape their shows to get good quality boots. Or start selling them through U2.com. And use the proceeds for charity or something so Bono can be happy.
  • And finally, never EVER use that security company again that was used on the Munich gig. Friggin' asshole bastards!
I agree with all of this...
Old 01-04-2007, 07:13 PM   #73
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by u2wedge
I'd like to see them mix up the stage setup a bit. Ellipse/Heart were awesome, but I think they could do something different with it, something along the lines of this:

I love the idea, i was thinking of something like that.
Old 01-04-2007, 07:19 PM   #74
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 11:14 AM
Just play Ultraviolet again, already

Old 01-05-2007, 09:09 AM   #75
The Fly

Quote:
Originally posted by u2wedge

If i see another circular catwalk for a 3rd tour in a row,i think i'm gonna throw up
Old 01-05-2007, 01:30 PM   #76
Blue Crack Distributor

--rolling stones type tour... stadiums/arenas/clubs all on the same leg.
--huge multimedia zootv/popmart type clusterfuckoramasepctacular... get adventerous again. do something that will blow my mind and have even the biggest of u2 haters look at it and go "damn... that's pretty fucking cool." do this and i will turn a blind eye to the non-rotating setlists.
--ellipse/heart type set up, but changed up a bit so as not to look exactly the same... let's face it, the ellipse rocks
--less preach, more rock... the thing where you took out your cellphones and signed up for the one campaign was cool, but it didn't need to be preceeded by a 10 minute disertation. use other means to spread the message... more volunteers in and around the venue handing out information, taking e-mail addresses, etc. etc. less talk, more action. mention it... we know, it's u2, you care, it's expected... just don't run it into the ground. if you're gonna take 5+ minutes out of the show, spread it out... or do something cool like the zoo phone calls or somethin'.
--do not play the same song twice again. not ever. when you were young and didn't have enough songs to fill the setlist, fine... it was still kinda lame then, but ok. now? lameosity to end all lameness. don't do it. it sucks. play a b-side... play an rare oldie... play a cover. do something, just don't play the same fucking song twice.
--mix up the songs a little. i mean come on... really. you use a teleprompter, what's the issue? just do it
--talk to eddie vedder. take notes.
Old 01-05-2007, 02:56 PM   #77
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 08:14 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
--ellipse/heart type set up, but changed up a bit so as not to look exactly the same... let's face it, the ellipse rocks

Retain B-stages at all costs.
Old 01-05-2007, 04:35 PM   #78
Blue Crack Addict

What else can be done, really? They go big, the tour gets compared to Zoo TV and Popmart, they go arenas, the tour (as we saw last time around) gets compared to Elevation. Setlists - maybe a bit more Pop but after last tour no real complaints here. You're not PJ or Stones so relax.

Stage setup: Surprise us, I have a feeling ellipse/heart won't go down well this time. Just a hunch based on reaction on this tour.

Maybe a visual/audio attack on the senses - not the multimedia type like their 90s tours, but more like what they talked about before Vertigo: the technology where they can direct the sound in the arena where they're playing - remember those stories (the only thing is, how would they make that work in an outdoor/no roof venue?) ? Combined with where the state of the art visual technology in a few years time...try to play some Asia and cover Europe more the next time would be my biggest wish.
Old 01-05-2007, 10:48 PM   #79
Acrobat

Local Time: 04:14 AM
Come to Australia again next tour and ill be over the moon!!!
Old 01-08-2007, 12:26 PM   #80
Blue Crack Distributor

bono, baby... really... explore the space.

bono was very stationary, at least in the shows i saw, on this leg. he wasn't very creative with his running around and interaction with the crowd. perhaps it had to do with him needing to stay close to the teleprompter, but i'd like to see him move around a bit more, ala jagger, vedder, springsteener