What would yo ulike to see for U2's next tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Zootlesque said:

How could you take something like "disappearing into thin air" seriously? This forum amazes me.

Sarcasm really is dead.

That's what the next tour should do.

I want U2 to bring sarcasm back with a new hit single SarcasmBack.

Zootlesque said:

How could you take something like "disappearing into thin air" seriously? This forum amazes me.

How could you take that I could take something like "disappearing into thin air" seriously? :huh: :huh: I quoted that part yes , but my response was directed to the radio head thing :|

Talk about amazing .....

coolian2 said:
They better lay down some m4d beatz.

And they need samples. Plenty of samples. For example, Comic Book Guy should be sampled for the chorus:

"Oooh, a sarcasm detector, that's a really useful invention!"

J_NP said:

How could you take that I could take something like "disappearing into thin air" seriously? :huh: :huh: I quoted that part yes , but my response was directed to the radio head thing :|

Talk about amazing .....

radiohead is definitely amazing.

U2Man said:

radiohead is definitely amazing.

I actually meant that it was amazing that .....

Zootlesque could take that I could .......

I'd like to see them mix up the stage setup a bit. Ellipse/Heart were awesome, but I think they could do something different with it, something along the lines of this:

17435s.gif

Muad'zin said:
  • For normal tours, MIX THINGS UP! Nothing is more boring then forking out a lot of cash, thanks to scalpers, and getting the same boring predictable setlist every bloody night. Cause I'm not going to do it anymore. It's just not worth the money IMHO. Maybe if tickets were still €50, but not at €100 and rising. I want to be surprised. Create multiple setlists. Have Edge kick Bono into rehearsal so he finally starts to rehearse some new songs. Threaten to nuke Africa if he doesn't.
  • Fight scalping. And I'm not talking about the dudes outside of the venues.
    I'm talking E-bay and the agencies. Its getting worse all the time. And as it gets harder to get tickets and scalping drives up prices, why should I get tickets? Especially if all shows are the same from start to finish.
  • Have somebody shut up Bono when he starts to talk about Africa. It's gotten completely out of control on this tour. 2 to 3 friggin' minutes are way to much. Force him to be concise. If your speech lasts so long that by the end you want to nuke Africa instead of helping it, its definately not working. And if he goes on, let Edge do a guitar solo!
  • No more stadiums. Stadiums suck! Especially if you have to sit in the back thanks to the scalpers buying up all the good tickets. If I have to sit way up in the back, I'd rather it be in an Arena where the band still can be seen, instead of me having to use the hubble telescop
  • Either give the tapers free reign to tape their shows to get good quality boots. Or start selling them through U2.com. And use the proceeds for charity or something so Bono can be happy.
  • And finally, never EVER use that security company again that was used on the Munich gig. Friggin' asshole bastards! :mad:

I agree with all of this... :up:

u2wedge said:
I'd like to see them mix up the stage setup a bit. Ellipse/Heart were awesome, but I think they could do something different with it, something along the lines of this:

17435s.gif

I love the idea, i was thinking of something like that.

u2wedge said:

17435s.gif

If i see another circular catwalk for a 3rd tour in a row,i think i'm gonna throw up
:madspit:

--rolling stones type tour... stadiums/arenas/clubs all on the same leg.
--huge multimedia zootv/popmart type clusterfuckoramasepctacular... get adventerous again. do something that will blow my mind and have even the biggest of u2 haters look at it and go "damn... that's pretty fucking cool." do this and i will turn a blind eye to the non-rotating setlists.
--ellipse/heart type set up, but changed up a bit so as not to look exactly the same... let's face it, the ellipse rocks
--less preach, more rock... the thing where you took out your cellphones and signed up for the one campaign was cool, but it didn't need to be preceeded by a 10 minute disertation. use other means to spread the message... more volunteers in and around the venue handing out information, taking e-mail addresses, etc. etc. less talk, more action. mention it... we know, it's u2, you care, it's expected... just don't run it into the ground. if you're gonna take 5+ minutes out of the show, spread it out... or do something cool like the zoo phone calls or somethin'.
--do not play the same song twice again. not ever. when you were young and didn't have enough songs to fill the setlist, fine... it was still kinda lame then, but ok. now? lameosity to end all lameness. don't do it. it sucks. play a b-side... play an rare oldie... play a cover. do something, just don't play the same fucking song twice.
--mix up the songs a little. i mean come on... really. you use a teleprompter, what's the issue? just do it
--talk to eddie vedder. take notes.

:hmm:

What else can be done, really? They go big, the tour gets compared to Zoo TV and Popmart, they go arenas, the tour (as we saw last time around) gets compared to Elevation. Setlists - maybe a bit more Pop but after last tour no real complaints here. You're not PJ or Stones so relax.

Stage setup: :shrug: Surprise us, I have a feeling ellipse/heart won't go down well this time. Just a hunch based on reaction on this tour.

Maybe a visual/audio attack on the senses - not the multimedia type like their 90s tours, but more like what they talked about before Vertigo: the technology where they can direct the sound in the arena where they're playing - remember those stories (the only thing is, how would they make that work in an outdoor/no roof venue?) ? Combined with where the state of the art visual technology in a few years time...try to play some Asia and cover Europe more the next time would be my biggest wish.

Last edited:
bono, baby... really... explore the space.

bono was very stationary, at least in the shows i saw, on this leg. he wasn't very creative with his running around and interaction with the crowd. perhaps it had to do with him needing to stay close to the teleprompter, but i'd like to see him move around a bit more, ala jagger, vedder, springsteener

i love the way people still bitch about the vertigo tour even though its now over, and i also love how some people want the band to do the same things other bands do.....yes because that would be totally creative wouldnt it

KUEFC09U2 said:
i love the way people still bitch about the vertigo tour even though its now over, and i also love how some people want the band to do the same things other bands do.....yes because that would be totally creative wouldnt it

No one is bitching. They're just giving their opinions on what they'd like to see next time. :shrug:

- Keep the GA, but no lottery. First come, first serve.
- Break out some more oldies (which they did do for Vertigo, lest some people forget)
- Retire Pride, Bullet already :yawn:

I too would like to see the GA go back to the first come, first served basis but I have a feeling random draws will continue :banghead:

I would also agree that they should get over themselves and do a stadium tour in North America again.

Instead of talking about Africa and the ONE campaign next tour, use visuals instead to explain the situation. While the band plays One, they could have screens show statistics and information about Africa, AIDS, and how to join the ONE campaign. That way, the public becomes informed about the situation without being bored by a 10-minute speech from Bono.

Well, after seeing what the band can do about bringing back some real long forgotten gems (and making them sound even better! yes, Electric Co. and One Tree Hill to name a few!), I think the band should always keep this in mind for all of their future tours.

Exit, Wire, The Unforgettable Fire and Two Hearts. And what is left from Boy? It has to be A Day Without Me. I'd love to see/hear a few of these next time.

elevated_u2_fan said:
I too would like to see the GA go back to the first come, first served basis but I have a feeling random draws will continue :banghead:

I would also agree that they should get over themselves and do a stadium tour in North America again.

Are U2 "sexy" enough today to do a stadium tour in North America and fille the place?Chicago,Boston,New York yes,but outside those markets?i doubt it.

KUEFC09U2 said:

i love the way people can bitch about people bitching even when people arent bitching. that takes talent :up:

They must have absolutely different stage, and no big back screens like on their last tours,

POP encore with Gone and LNOE :drool:
Play more songs from new album(7 or 8), not like on vertigo tour

Back
Top Bottom