What would yo ulike to see for U2's next tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ultra Violet
Acrobat
Love is Blindness
Mofo (new version)
Hold me, Thrill me, Kiss me, Kill me
Exit

I´ll be perfectly happy with this.

1. Full band Walk on closing the main set.
2. Never ever retire Beautiful Day.
3. Bullet should be more powerful like the earlier performances...
4. 1 long stadium/arena leg each for Europe and NA. A longer leg for other countries and for heavens sake include new places on the itenerary - Singapore, South Korea, Hong Kong, India, Eastern Europe......
5. Exit:drool:
6. Keep with or without you... i was at 5 Aussie shows last month and i thought it was a highlight each night.

i just want them to tour with a full symphony orchestra.

how awesome would that be? :drool:

I want from them to play more songs from UF but except of Pride, and also some stuff from Zooropa and POP

Velvet Dress:drool:
Stay:drool:
A Sort of Homecoming:drool:

J_NP said:

El problem creo yo , alem del precos de tickets , es no creo ellos irian tocar num pais , con una ditadura disfarcada de democracia como es venezuela , Es una puta merda , para lo povo y fans , pero creo que es asi mia cara

And we are loosing the "democracy" disguise!!!!!! I´m so scared!!!!!:sad: I don´t know what will happen with my country :sad:

Anyway I hope I can make enough money (and a visa) to see them live some time!!!!:sad: it´s my dream :hug:

1. Do a retro tour - have only artists older than 40 open for them (Sting, Bruce, Petty, Elvis, PJ, REM... - old guys rule!).
2. Slogan: The New U2 - Less Talk, More Rock
3. More mix in setlists, maybe in encores - do poll on u2.com for input from fans.
4. Many more contests and give-aways on u2.com during tour.
5. Offer a CD off soundboard and/or DVD of each concert ala PJ bootlegs on their fan site.
6. Do something about GA so more people can experience it without all the line drama. Someone on here suggested that the ticket be printed with an album name and number. Fans would get there before the concert to get in groups by album and lined up by their ticket number. The albums would be randomly selected to see which group is 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc to be let in. This would prevent the need to camp out and should also discourage scalping since you would not know ahead of time if you would be up front. [OR some system along these lines]
7. Bring back the Dalton Brothers for a few shows!

Get rid of:

Mysterious Ways
With Or Without You
Bullet The Blue Sky
Beautiful Day

Add or keep:

Crumbs
Window In The Sky
Love And Peace
An Cat Dubh
Rejoice
San Francisco Symphony
Flying drum kit
Jet packs

Last edited:
Realistic Ideas

Rotate Bullet/Pride
Play more BAD!
Red screens for Streets...
Less talking
Less Africa
Play some of: Electric Co/Gloria/EBTRTT/LiB/Stay/Please/Mofo/Gone
Make available recordings of the concerts online for a fair fee ($5/£5)

Unrealistic Ideas
Have ticket holders log on to a website to pick songs they want to hear, and formulate the basic setlist from this, with additional rarities based upon what specific market's voted for.

Rotate SBS/Elevation

Play Discotheque/IYWTVD/DYFL/New York/Lemon/God2/Drowning Man

Shawn Bonneau said:
For the one long American Leg idea...

06-03 -- Las Vegas, NV -- Thomas & Mark Center
06-04 -- Las Vegas, NV -- Thomas & Mark Center

One minor correction: Thomas & Mack

Sorry, it's the Virgo in me

T&M isn't a bad venue. Since my MGM experience sucked, I'm willing to try anywhere next time.

How cool would it be if they played the Hard Rock? :drool:
Metallica did it New Year's a few years back. :D

Yeah, I know. Back to reality...

1) Use "Streets" as the show closer with ballons and confettie falling.

2) Bono/Edge doing a pre-set song before the opening act..(One nigth Bono,the following night Edge) Just like what Eddie Vedder of Pearl Jam does.

3)We need a break from "ONE"....I repeat,WE-NEED-A-BREAK- FROM- "ONE"

4)Give us "Ultra violet"

5)Sooner or later,the band like will accept the concept of the In-the-round stage for the arena shows

I would like to see a new stadium tour, but with a more miscellaneous setlist. FOr once they dare to skip songs like Pride, Sbs, BTBS, One and WOWY. Listen to the fans a bit more(via polls on their site for an example) what they want to hear. They have done a lot of tours now and its time to break the traditions of the same song on every tour.

Here's an example:

1. New song from the forthocoming album
2. New song from the forthocoming album
3. New Song from the forthocoming album
4. New Song from the forthocoming album
5. Bad
6. Stories for Boys
7. The Unforgettable Fire
8.One Tree Hill
9. New song from the forthocoming album(ballad)
10.Heartland
11.Please
12.Lemon(totaly reworked, not whole song sing in falsetto)
13.Mofo
14.New song from the forthocoming album(calm song)

Encore

15.Acrobat
16. Wire
17. Electrical Storm
18. New Song from the forthocoming album

Encore

19.WTSHNN
20. Night and Day
21.A Sort of Homecoming
22. Love Is Blindness
23. Vertigo

• Do what iron Maiden does and play retro tours. These guys played a first four albums only tour last year. I'd love to see U2 do tours playing only songs from Boy to War, or Lovetown mk. 2. Finally a chance to re-experience all the old classics they never play again.
  • For normal tours, MIX THINGS UP! Nothing is more boring then forking out a lot of cash, thanks to scalpers, and getting the same boring predictable setlist every bloody night. Cause I'm not going to do it anymore. It's just not worth the money IMHO. Maybe if tickets were still €50, but not at €100 and rising. I want to be surprised. Create multiple setlists. Have Edge kick Bono into rehearsal so he finally starts to rehearse some new songs. Threaten to nuke Africa if he doesn't.
  • Fight scalping. And I'm not talking about the dudes outside of the venues.
    I'm talking E-bay and the agencies. Its getting worse all the time. And as it gets harder to get tickets and scalping drives up prices, why should I get tickets? Especially if all shows are the same from start to finish.
  • Have somebody shut up Bono when he starts to talk about Africa. It's gotten completely out of control on this tour. 2 to 3 friggin' minutes are way to much. Force him to be concise. If your speech lasts so long that by the end you want to nuke Africa instead of helping it, its definately not working. And if he goes on, let Edge do a guitar solo!
  • No more stadiums. Stadiums suck! Especially if you have to sit in the back thanks to the scalpers buying up all the good tickets. If I have to sit way up in the back, I'd rather it be in an Arena where the band still can be seen, instead of me having to use the hubble telescop
  • Either give the tapers free reign to tape their shows to get good quality boots. Or start selling them through U2.com. And use the proceeds for charity or something so Bono can be happy.
  • And finally, never EVER use that security company again that was used on the Munich gig. Friggin' asshole bastards! :mad:

Metallica have played 50-60 countries worldwide.
Bryan Adams is in the 60-70 range.
James Brown was probably in the 60-80 range.
BBKing has played over 90.

U2 have played about 33/34 countries worldwide, about the same as Pearl Jam.

U2 added a handful of new countries on their Popmart tour. Vertigo/Elevation had limitation on where they could travel: Family reasons, 9/11 or world economies.

I'd like to see U2 break some new avenues in their future tours. Especially to justify their claims of being the world best or biggest band in the world. It would also be an answer to Edge's claim that he's not sure he can top the last tour.

u2fp

wow. those figures are very telling, u2fp.

...why is metallica capable of making money in markets u2 cannot? that doesn't make a lot of sense.

U2FanPeter said:
Metallica have played 50-60 countries worldwide.
Bryan Adams is in the 60-70 range.
James Brown was probably in the 60-80 range.
BBKing has played over 90.

U2 have played about 33/34 countries worldwide, about the same as Pearl Jam.

U2 added a handful of new countries on their Popmart tour. Vertigo/Elevation had limitation on where they could travel: Family reasons, 9/11 or world economies.

I'd like to see U2 break some new avenues in their future tours. Especially to justify their claims of being the world best or biggest band in the world. It would also be an answer to Edge's claim that he's not sure he can top the last tour.

u2fp

Do any of those have the stage production like U2 and do the countries they play have appropriate venues?

U2 will play in areas where they can make money.

One would think the last tour would please those who want more interesting setlists as well as those who want a big/small production. :shrug:

Last edited:
Muad'zin said:
[*]Have somebody shut up Bono when he starts to talk about Africa. It's gotten completely out of control on this tour. 2 to 3 friggin' minutes are way to much. Force him to be concise. If your speech lasts so long that by the end you want to nuke Africa instead of helping it, its definately not working. And if he goes on, let Edge do a guitar solo!

Muad- if you would stop being selfish global poverty would end and Bono wouldn't have to make that speech. :wink:

My advice is that U2 just listen to Willie Williams and Brian Eno because they know more about putting concerts together then me. They don't need my help.

U2Man said:
wow. those figures are very telling, u2fp.

...why is metallica capable of making money in markets u2 cannot? that doesn't make a lot of sense.

The 4 groups I listed above each have a "if you invite us, and we make money" we will come. Also keep in mind they all have leeway in the in the time they can visit, whereas u2 may only have a 6 month every 4 years in which to play corners of the globe. U2 are the only group that I consider creatively active, so they are worried about every american and western european knows their material.

u2fp

U2girl said:

Do any of those have the stage production like U2 and do the countries they play have appropriate venues?

U2 will play in areas where they can make money.

One would think the last tour would please those who want more interesting setlists as well as those who want a big/small production. :shrug:

Metallica, Stones and Michael Jackson also had huge stage productions and made money.

U2 can make money in Iceland, Eastern Europe, India, Singapore, Bangkok, Egypt, China, and Russia. There's also places in the world that u2 have visited that they could return like Hungary, South Africa etc.

Did you know that THE BEATLES have played a couple countries that U2 have yet to visit? Hong Kong/China and The Phillipines(largest crowd of their careers)

Hong Kong is one of the biggest, most affluent and important cities in the World and in the past 30 years u2 have yet to play there? I keep staring at this last sentance and thinking it's a typo. It's not.

u2fp

I will be 110% satisfied if they do tour at least the same places they went in Vertigo : Latin America , Pacific , and also add other places , that's All I ask

Then I could go to my 2nd concert or even 3rd :drool: :drool:

I and I in the said:

Muad- if you would stop being selfish global poverty would end and Bono wouldn't have to make that speech. :wink:

Simple solution for Bono, instead of boring us with Da Speech, quote Paul Teutel Sr. Do Something!

Short, elegant and to the point. And totally KISS.

My advice is that U2 just listen to Willie Williams and Brian Eno because they know more about putting concerts together then me. They don't need my help.

Why wouldn't you know anything about putting concerts together? You know what you like to hear. Or don't you?

Back
Top Bottom