What will U2 and Pearl Jam play together?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2FanPeter said:

then Edge can smash another rickenbacher guitar

Do you really want to see Dallas Schoo cry? :sad:

I'd be interested to hear Bono sing part of Black, and I know PJ has snippeted Bad live, so that's a good possibility too.

Personally I really dug PJ's version of Sort of Homecoming in Toronto and would love to see them bust that out together.

u2wedge said:
Personally I really dug PJ's version of Sort of Homecoming in Toronto and would love to see them bust that out together.
Scary. So how would that work? PJ would need to show U2 how to play it. And Bono would still forget the words.

It may sound strange but I'd love to hear the Edge jam to some "Spin the Black Circle" with McCready.

But Bono + Vedder + Gossard/McCready doing Rockin in the Free World would be AMAZING.

Has a U2 member ever done a cameo in one of their opening act's set?

All I can think of is The Dalton Brothers in 87 and Larry sitting in for an ailing Garbage drummer in 01.

Considering the recent collaboration with Greenday my money would be on 'The Saints Are Coming'

Hunger Strike has been played 6 times by Pearl Jam and almost every show on Audioslaves last tour. I was at one of the Pearl Jam shows in 2003 they played it.

I assume Eddie and Bono will do Rock n' In the Free World, Spin the Black Circle/Comtase, Given to Fly, Bad, Even Better Than the Real Thing.

Most likely Instant Karma. December 9th sounds right.:drool:

Last edited:
Super_Fan said:
Hunger Strike has been played 6 times by Pearl Jam and almost every show on Audioslaves last tour. I was at one of the Pearl Jam shows in 2003 they played it.

Most likely Instant Karma. December 9th sounds right.:drool:

i saw audioslave do it at the garden... it was :drool:

good call on the instant karma... didn't think of that. 26 years and 1 day to the, um, day

Headache in a Suitcase said:

good call on the instant karma... didn't think of that. 26 years and 1 day to the, um, day

That would be great :up:

I think the obvious choices would be songs by artists that link the bands together. Maybe some Ramones? I Believe In Miracles is covered brilliantly by Pearl Jam. I can see Bono jumping in on that one.

Exit, as mentioned by Brau, would be amazing. I've always thought this to be U2's most PJ-sounding song.

u2wedge said:

You mean this? :D

http://download.you sendit.com/51D2F2500E8B38D8

I love how it segues into PJ's Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town, a song which just might be the closest they come to Unforgettable Fire territory. :drool:

if ed does join the band on stage, it'll be to perform a song that is already in rotation (unless it's a cover)... not one that hasn't been played in 10+ years.

now if the b man were to join pearl jam on stage? all bets would certainly be off... but considering bono's tendancies to, um hall shall we put this, forget his own damned lyrics, i would imagine any song he would join PJ for would have to be a cover... i.e. rockin' in the free world in toronto, where he just made up his own words.

Back
Top Bottom