What were your Top 5 favorite Vertigo Tour shows?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
#1 - Oakland 1 --> Great setlist (imho) with UTEOTW and the One Tree Hill snippet my personal highlights. Bono's voice was really strong, the band were having a great time and the crowd was amped. GA, one back, outside the ellipse, Edge's side. My favorite show of the 3 I saw BY FAR.

#2 - San Jose 1 --> Comes in at #2 simply because it was my first show of the tour, and because for a while I didn't actually think I'd get to a show on the first leg due to the fan club fiasco. Didn't have nearly the energy of Oakland 1, crowd- and band-wise (Bono even scolded the crowd for clapping along to Running to Stand Still - it was actually pretty funny when he did it, and likely a bunch of non-fans who were responsible for his rant). Electric Co and The Ocean were highlights, though. GA again, one back, outside of ellipse, Adam's side.

#3 - Honolulu - Yes, Honolulu came in last for me. I know some (most) will call me crazy, but it just didn't click for me the way Oakland did. Doesn't help that I'm not much of a PJ fan, either (again, I'm sure I'm in the minority here, as well). I would have gladly swapped "Saints" or the last number with PJ for "Bad" or anything else U2. (I was dying to hear OTH, especially since they'd played it 4 of the previous 5 dates, but alas...) "Angel" and "The First Time" were definitely highlights, though.

5. Paris 1 -> Great crowd, typical European Setlist. I was in a terrible place, which made the concert just ok for me. Sgt Pepper's snippet in Beautiful Day and short Please snippet in Bullet should be mentioned!
4. Paris 2 -> I rate Paris 2 higher just because I was in the front row on Adam's B-stage. Also, one of the few times they played OOC on the tour, so I should be happy. Bad was on the original setlist, it would put the show in first or second place if it had been played...
3. London 2 -> WGRYWR's European debut, amazingly good live. Also, Vertigo > London Calling to end the show was great!
2. Sao Paulo 1 -> Best crowd ever + Rocking UTEOTW + beautiful OOTS (with crowd singing) + COBL as stadium opener (which I missed in the European tour).
1. Sao Paulo 2 -> Everything from Sao Paulo 1 minus OOTS + The First Time + spontaneous version of Desire (with great new Bono lyrics!). It was also my last Vertigo tour concert, so I have some emotional attachment!

Back
Top Bottom