What was the "Killers" song that was played just before the Vertigo show started?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Knuckle

Acrobat
What was the "Killers" song that was played just before the Vertigo show started?

Can anyone tell me what the name of the "Killers" song was that was played over the P.A. a few songs before the Vertigo show started?

I'm looking for some new music to download (legally, of course) and I think I want that tune.

By the way, I'm open to any suggestions for any other interesting music to open my mind a little. Have at it.

Wouldnt it change for each gig ?

Or do you mean ' wake up ' by arcade fire ?

No...I don't mean "Wake Up" by the Arcade Fire. That's a great tune though.

I think the "Killers" song I'm talking about was played just before "Wake Up". They played the same recorded sequence of songs before each show (in the USA at least). They do it before every show on every tour (different songs for each tour obviously though).

Mr brightside ? Thats the only killers song i think i heard at my gig .

both actually, heres the list of all the song played before the show, while dallas is working on edges rig, stu´s on adams side, etc etc

Bloc Party - Helicopter
Bob Marley - One Love
Coldplay - Clocks
David Bowie - Rebel Rebel
Franz Ferdinand - Do You Want To
Franz Ferdinand - Take Me Out
Gorillaz - Feel Good Inc
Green Day - American Idiot
Interpol - Evil
Interpol - Obstacle 1
Interpol - Slow Hands
Kaiser Chiefs - I Predict A Riot
Kasabian - Club Foot
Killers - Mr. Brightside
Killers - Somebody Told Me
Led Zeppelin - Trampled Underfoot
Modest Mouse - Float On
Radiohead - Idioteque
R.E.M. - Leaving New York
Siouxsie & the Banshees - Christine
Television - Venus
The Beach Boys - Good Vibrtations
The Clash - Rock the Casbah
The Clash - The Magnificent Seven
The Cure - A Forest
The Cure - In between Days
The Cure - Just Like Heaven
The Libertines - Can't Stand Me Now
The Pixies - Monkey Gone to heaven
The Strokes - 12:51
The Velvet Underground - Rock 'n Roll
The White Stripes - Seven Nation Army
The Who - 5'15
The Who - Baba O'Riley
Weezer - Beverly Hills
Arcade Fire - Wake Up

Hey...thanks a lot for that comprehensive list of songs (above). I've been plucking a few of them down from iTunes to get some new music. Good stuff.

at first it was "mr. brightside" and "somebody told me"....but later on in the 3rd leg it was "all these things that i have done...." which the killers performed at live 8.

get hot fuss and their new album called sam's town....imo, there's not a bad song on either one. they are far and away my fave new band in the last few years!! :drool: :rockon: :applaud: :dancing:

also, brandon flowers was onstage w/u2 at the vegas 2 show this tour singing "in a little while" w/bono. you can search for that on youtube.com

mel

popbellydancer said:
at first it was "mr. brightside" and "somebody told me"....but later on in the 3rd leg it was "all these things that i have done...." which the killers performed at live 8.

get hot fuss and their new album called sam's town....imo, there's not a bad song on either one. they are far and away my fave new band in the last few years!! :drool: :rockon: :applaud: :dancing:

also, brandon flowers was onstage w/u2 at the vegas 2 show this tour singing "in a little while" w/bono. you can search for that on youtube.com

mel

Hi !
i met you at the killers concerts in San Francisco. i was wondering if i'd see you on here :) great to see U2 fans who love the Killers.

Nick

at the sydney veritgo tours they played the new killers song called "when you were young" from their new album sam's town

also check out snow patrols album "eyes open" they played a track of that as well before the show

nuke126 said:

Hi !
i met you at the killers concerts in San Francisco. i was wondering if i'd see you on here :) great to see U2 fans who love the Killers.

Nick

hey nick! are you going to the not so silent night radio show on december 8th in san fran?! i'm skippng hawaii and going to see the killers instead!!!!:applaud:YYYYYAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY!!!!

WOW...never thought i'd say there was a band i'd like to see more than u2 :shocked:...of course the fact that i can afford san fran and not hawaii might be a contributing factor...haha! the fact that i was over the vertigo tour before portland might be another.....:shrug:

i didn't try to get tickets to live105 xmas show because i don't like the other bands, and don't want to stand through them all. the killers are coming back to the US for a Spring tour and i'll go to those shows.

Back
Top Bottom