What was the Best US show of the year?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Best US show

• San Diego 1 03-28 Opening night!

Votes: 12 5.5%
  • Phoenix 2 04-15 BAD for the 1st time

Votes: 12 5.5%
  • Chicago 4 05-12 They mixed it up!

Votes: 23 10.6%
  • Boston 2 05-26 just a great show

Votes: 17 7.8%
  • Chicago 5 09-20 The First time for the First time, Discotheque

Votes: 28 12.8%
  • Minneapolis 09-23 another great show

Votes: 11 5.0%
  • Philadelphia 4 10-17 The Boss!

Votes: 16 7.3%
  • Las Vegas 2 11-05 Lets Keep it Electric!

Votes: 39 17.9%
  • Boston 4 12-04 The 3rd Encore 1/2 the Arena walked out before

Votes: 51 23.4%
  • Portland 12-19 Closing night

Votes: 9 4.1%

• Total voters

u2rulesmyworld

Refugee
I am going to list the 10 shows I have heard the most talked about

PLEASE only vote for a show you attended and only if you attended several(5+ shows)

I want to see what people think

write in votes are welcome

EDIT: you dont have to have attended 5 of the shows listed, just 5 shows in general, i dont want people who attended 1 or 2 shows voting for the show they attended lol

Last edited:
I voted for Vegas 2 on that list, but of the shows I went to, either Seattle 2 or Miami 2 would be the best imho :up:.

I think I would have enjoyed Vegas 2 more if the people around me didn't get into arguements with the ushers :lol:

Mary J. Blige and Brandon Flowers in one show with U2 was :drool:

Last edited:
As much as I want so badly not to be biased and I'll come off that way anyway. Vegas is most definitely the best show. I mean, it was official DVD quality, and a GREAT DVD it would have been. I was there, so of course I obviously want to have the bragging rights, but seriously If I saw the notes and setlist for the show, I would have been jealous I wasn't there. Vegas 1 was O.K. but 2 just blew my mind. Just a very unique, emotional, amazing performance. Bad to close=always great. Two special appearances that led to incredibly entertaining suprises. Return of UTEOTW and MW, both in the main set. The ZooTV encore. In a Little While with its 2nd appearance only. (I think) Great night, it gets my vote. I was there, what an incredible memory to have. :drool:

vegas 2 didnt have electric co, the best song of the tour, so it automatically gets crossed off the list

Chizip said:
vegas 2 didnt have electric co, the best song of the tour, so it automatically gets crossed off the list

I was going to add that to my post. The only disappointment of the night for me. Because Edge shredded that shit up the night before. :ohmy: Damn he gets on fire that song!

I was at 5 of these 10 shows listed and go with Boston 12/4. In the Ellipse one row from the stage. Mysterious Ways and Fast Cars in the same show sealed it for me. Overall great time.

Miami 2 and Vegas 2 are a close 2nd & 3rd, respectively.

I wasn't at any of those, so I will have to abstain from this vote.
For me, of the 5 I attended (Anaheim 2, LA 1,2,3,4), I'd say L.A. 4 (11/2). And I did get Electric Co. & Fast Cars on 11/1 :shrug: (But missed out on UTEOTW and MW on leg 3 :sad: )

The Philadelphia 10/17 show was my favorite even before Bruce Springsteen came out. The set featured incredible versions of the Electric Co., I Will Follow, and Fast Cars, as well as a rare appearance of Walk On, in which Bono actually remembered most of the words. The crowd was the most energetic I'd seen all year, too. Springsteen was just icing on an already tasty cake.

I attended 14 shows, but only one of the shows on your list, of the list I would pick Las Vegas 2 but I wasn't there, so with the poll rules Boston 12/4 would have to be the default pick. 12/4 and 12/5 are dead even tho, they would be tied for the second best show I personally saw this tour.

Best show of the ones I saw is not on your list - that would be New York 11/21. All four of the band were absolute perfection - it was the perfect show. :)

I voted for Vegas, but Detroit 2 was better, in my opinion. I went to 15 shows this tour

I've a soft spot for the 5/14 show because it was great to see the band so relaxed but my favorite is still the 9/20 show - that is the band we go to multiple shows to see and the one that keeps us addicted to places like this (besides the great company that is)

I saw 5/26 and 5/28 and 5/28 was much better. 5/26 had a great setlist but the energy on the 28th was so amazing. Plus Party Girl and the champagne. :drool:

catlhere said:
As much as I want so badly not to be biased and I'll come off that way anyway. Vegas is most definitely the best show. I mean, it was official DVD quality, and a GREAT DVD it would have been. I was there, so of course I obviously want to have the bragging rights, but seriously If I saw the notes and setlist for the show, I would have been jealous I wasn't there. Vegas 1 was O.K. but 2 just blew my mind. Just a very unique, emotional, amazing performance. Bad to close=always great. Two special appearances that led to incredibly entertaining suprises. Return of UTEOTW and MW, both in the main set. The ZooTV encore. In a Little While with its 2nd appearance only. (I think) Great night, it gets my vote. I was there, what an incredible memory to have. :drool:

The whole 'In A Little While' stream of consciousness that Bono did that night is my favorite part of that show. I remember listening to the stream at a setlist party and everyone going wtf? as it went on and on... and then to hear the bootleg it all made sense. :up:

oh and one more thing... how can MSG not have any representation on this list? Not bitching... just wondering how no NYC shows could not make the top 10... or Europe for that matter.

I would say that Toronto 9/16 was one of the best shows:

1. 2nd ever Fast Cars w/ video shoot
2. BB King Birthday Phone call
3. MENEW band brought up for Out of Control
4. Daniel Lanois on 'One'

Last edited:
u2wedge said:
oh and one more thing... how can MSG not have any representation on this list? Not bitching... just wondering how no NYC shows could not make the top 10... or Europe for that matter. You should make a choice for 'other-explain' as maybe there is a show out there that should also be considered?

and what NY show would it be?

u2rulesmyworld said:

and what NY show would it be?

10/8 would rank up there IMHO...

One w/ Mary J
WGRYWH, OOTS, Fast Cars in encore

and not that it was performance related, but there was the infamous 'cell phone incident'.

Top 5 shows seen on the tour:

1. Vegas #2
2. Boston 5-26
3. Boston 12-4
4. MSG 10-8
5. Washington D.C. 10-20

Voted for Vegas, but on that list, I'd only been to that one and Portland.

Would have liked to see Seattle 2 on that list ... that was the second best show on my own list.

I only went to one on the list, 9/20, and even though everyone else loved it, it was actually my least favorite of my nine shows (I was just in a weird mood I guess). Based on what I heard from my friends, I'd go with Boston 12/4.

romi said:
I voted for Vegas, but Detroit 2 was better, in my opinion. I went to 15 shows this tour

detroit 2 had a rosa parks tribute with "mlk". probably the most moving & emotional show i saw on the tour.

i only went to one of the msg shows (10/8) but with mary j dueting on "one" and bono cussing that wanker on the cell phone, it was pretty darn memorable.

out of the list i voted for opening nite (that and closing nite where the only listed ones i attended). it was just so exciting, the opening nite of the tour, the atmosphere was positively electric.

u2wedge said:
oh and one more thing... how can MSG not have any representation on this list? Not bitching... just wondering how no NYC shows could not make the top 10... or Europe for that matter.

I would say that Toronto 9/16 was one of the best shows:

1. 2nd ever Fast Cars w/ video shoot
2. BB King Birthday Phone call
3. MENEW band brought up for Out of Control
4. Daniel Lanois on 'One'

I agree

Minneapolis...

-Debut of Crumbs From Your Table
-Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses

Back
Top Bottom