What was the best European show of 2005?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I read somewhere an interview with the Kaiser Chiefs vocalist. He said he had talked to Bono who said that Barcelona and Lisbon were the best shows of the tour...

MacPhistoPT said:
I read somewhere an interview with the Kaiser Chiefs vocalist. He said he had talked to Bono who said that Barcelona and Lisbon were the best shows of the tour...

Are you from lisbon:eyebrow:

i've been to 9 european shows and 1 american.

the best show for me was:

AMSTERDAM 3 !!
Because of Miss Sarajeva, OOTS, 40.

Second best:
Dublin 2, not because of the setlist, but the whole show. That show was also filmed and therefore the band gave 200%.

Other shows (like Gelsenkirchen) were special to me, because during WOWY Bono looked me right in the eye and came into the audience where we were standing, so we could touch him. But that are personal highlights ofcourse:drool:

From a personal point of view their first show at Twickenham was pretty amazing! I was right at the front, on Edge's side for the whole gig - lost a couple of pounds in sweat but hey!!

Would have loved to have been one of their thousands at the Camp Nou in Barcelona though....sob...sob!!

BARCELONA!!!!!!

I've seen 7 gigs on this tour in Europe and the US and this one trounced all over the rest. Amazing crowd, amazing set and awesome performances from all 4 of our boys.

No contest.

:rockon:

Of all my shows Paris 1 really stood out.

A few days after London bombs, my girlfriend and I travelled on the tube to get to the Eurostar and it was so moving and eerie.

The French fans we met were amazing, and they really lifted my spirits. During RTSS I felt moved to tears, i remember turning to my girlfriend and saying "Do you now understand why this band is so so special?" she just nodded her head. Great gig, Amazing Grace still gives me chills on the bootleg, there seems to be a huge outpouring of emotion during that song.

I guess how you feel about a show depends on more than the show itself, doesn't it.

I was at four shows. Both Manchester ones and Dublin 1 and 2. Im crap at making decisions as to what is best but will just give a little summary of each

Manc 1 was awesome. I had avoided set lists and so was really excited by every song.

Manc 2 lacked the atmosphere of the first night. It had more of the casual audience but still the band were good.

Dublin 1 had the biggest feeling of the bunch. First night in the hometown and I thought it was an excellent performance of the typical Vertigo show set list.

Dublin 2 had more of the party atmosphere with a great crowd. Out of control was awesome and the band seemed more relaxed. Another top show!

I really am getting withdraw symptons and am dying to get to another show. Just hope it ain't too long before theyre back :wink:

I was at 10 European shows and 2 US shows (MSG), for me the best was:

1. Milan 20 & Milan 21...maybe the first one was better, but both shows was something incredible...not because it's my city, but because the crowd was so crazy, i couldn't believe that...you'll see on the DVD :)

3. Barcelona...something like the Milan's shows, very great audience and very beautiful atmosphere...fantastic night!!!

4. Wien...the band was so loud! They were coming from the live8 concert and they did an amazing performance! Absolutely not an ordinary concert!

5. Amsterdam 16...the setlist speaks by itself.

Back
Top Bottom