What to do with Presale if no concerts are yet announced in my vicinity??????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

innocent_eyes

Refugee
I am in the toronto area and the closest shows for presale are Boston or New york, a hefty 8 hour drive, if we're lucky!!!

What to do.....
Go for it and spend a fortune on tickets, buses/planes/hotels..

what are my other options? what are people doing that bought presale but now have to decent friggin venues to go to!!!!!!!!!!!
:mad:

wait for the fall leg is my advice!

There are no chances that they won't come to Toronto/Montreal in the fall leg....so if you can wait use your codes then

...otherwise give them to me!
:wink:

can i really wait and use them then???

that sucks, I have to wait till fall, better than nothing i guess but i was counting on them coming in the first leg, like they did last time, they are in a lot of the same are then, why not throw in a date in buffalo, they are going all the way to new york and boston, it's only a little further, lol,.....

:huh: :mad: :( :ohmy: :sad: :| :eyebrow: :ohmy: :

If you don't use your code this week, it is gone. I'm almost certain (based on experience with prior tours through Propaganda) that when the third leg is eventually announced, probably in the summer, that we will again receive presale codes for that leg.

Toronto was originally set to begin the third leg in mid September and that may still hold true. There's no way the tour will miss Toronto. It's a major market for U2, as well as being the home of TNA, the Vertigo tour promoter. Arthur Fogel of TNA is the main promoter and he is based there in Toronto.

so what to do then.

1.) buy presale tickets and find a way to new york or boston, 8 hour drive for each, plus hotel...? :huh:

2.) buy presale tickets, sell them for lots of $, use that money to see a few shows in the fall (UGH!! So badley wanted to see them in the summer due to school shcedule) and try my luck with normal day purchase..:ohmy:

3.) Chance the membership being useful in the fall

:huh: :mad: :( :huh:

innocent_eyes said:
so what to do then.

1.) buy presale tickets and find a way to new york or boston, 8 hour drive for each, plus hotel...? :huh:

2.) buy presale tickets, sell them for lots of $, use that money to see a few shows in the fall (UGH!! So badley wanted to see them in the summer due to school shcedule) and try my luck with normal day purchase..:ohmy:

3.) Chance the membership being useful in the fall

:huh: :mad: :( :huh:

That's the big question everyone has, and U2.com has no answer for. People are speculating as to how codes will work in the Fall, but nobody actually knows. If it doesn't work out the way people are saying, U2 will have fucked it's oldest and most hardcore fanbase in the ass. bigtime.

I don't want to waste my code either. I have no intention of driving to NYC or Boston for a show or two.

And if you think you'll get into NYC in 8 hours from Toronto with the current border frisking AND the goddamn traffic in the Lincoln Tunnel, you've got another thing coming.

That said, I would not mind buying tix on somebody's behalf using my code, IF that meant I could get another code in the fall. Otherwise, forget it.

Okay, here's the dealio. I called 800.615.1324 (the u2.com helpline thingy) and this is what the woman said. If you dont use your presale thing now, it will still be fine for the third leg, but KEEP IT because they dont reissue them. WAIT FOR THE THIRD LEG. That's my advice. Dont run around the country. I was gonna go to Chicago because I panicked, but I realize now that the third leg is there and Detroit is coming!!!!!!!! w00t!!!! :D

well,

I think i'm gonna go buy the tickets for the NY show, if i get GA, I will take a bus there the day before, the price is reasonable, I checked greyhound, and stay in a hotel, once again I checked and found a decent price close to the arena. beacause who knows what would happen in the future, anything could happen, like the cancellation of a 3rd leg due to ANY bizzarre reason.

If i don't get GA, they go on ebay, unfortunately.

I will then have to try my luck getting tickets for the third leg...

what pain in the fuckin ass...this is supposed to be a fun time isn't it?

Fuck, i'd rather they were still recording the new album by now, that specultion was fun, the speculation of where my hard earned money, and/or whether I end up seeing a show is NOT FUN IN ANY SENSE OF THE WORD.............:mad:

How much is the greyhound? The good thing about the NY show is that it's on the Saturday of the Victoria Day long weekend.

The greyhound ticket was $130.00 Canadian!

But upon hearing that our codes will be useful on the 3rd leg, i decided to not go on the trip and save that cash to see more U2 shows in the totrnot, buffalo area. They have to buffalo, toronto, and albany at LEAST once, and they may do hamilton like they did on elevation tour.

I would be happy with this and it might make up for all the bullshit we've been going through.

I'm in the same boat as everyone. I don't know what I should either. I think the people in Toronto/Montreal don't have anything to worry about. Me, being in Alberta,, U2 may not play here in the fall. It's a risk. Here is what I am going to do.

1. Purchase my U2.com membership tonight.

2. Hold off using my code until 3rd leg is announced.

3. If I decide that I want to go to Vancouver for a 1st leg show, I'll purchase the tickets through ticketmaster when they are released to the public.

Back
Top Bottom