what songs make it to the next tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jphelmet

Refugee
While everyone is speculating on the new album, and tour- which songs do you think will be played from past albums? Which from ATYCLB will make it on this tour, and what others get bumped by those songs. My guess, based on what they played the last few tours:

Definite (maybe not every night but frequently during tour):
1. Streets
2. One
3. Beautiful Day
4. Walk On
5. Wowoy
6. Bullet
7. Elevation
8. Until the End of the World
9. Pride
10. 6-8 new songs
Probable (mos likely played some)
1. Kite
2. Still Haven't found
3. All I Want Is You
4. Stuck in A Moment
5. SBS
6. I Will Follow
7. Even Better than
8. Stay
9. Mysterious Ways
10. Please
11. Wake Up Dead Man
12. Electrical Storm (Probably more of a definite- like HMTMKMKM was played on pop mart)
13. NYD
Long Shots (Better chance if they acutally have two seperate sets- as was rumored)
1. In God's country
2. Gone
3. SATS
4. Running to Stand Still
5. New York
6. 40
7. Desire
8. Discotheque

Here are my picks by album/era.

- Boy
I Will Follow and Out Of Control are pretty certain to be played and I think there's a chance of 11 O'clock Tick Tock. I also understand The Electric Co. was practiced for Elevation, so maybe?

- October
Almost certainly nothing. Potentially Gloria but extremely improbable, and same goes for October coming back before New Year's Day.

- War
Sunday Bloody Sunday and New Year's Day are definities. 40 should get some love, too. Party Girl on birthdays. I'd like to see Seconds in the acoustic set, but that's nothing more than wishful thinking.

- The Unforgettable Fire
Pride and Bad are both definites. If we're going to go for really, really, really faint chances, then A Sort Of Homecoming, The Unforgettable Fire, and MLK too.

- The Joshua Tree
Streets, ISHFWILF, WOWY, and Bullet are certain. Possibly RTSS with Bullet, maybe In God's Country in the acoustic set. One Tree Hill will be played in New Zealand, Mothers Of The Disappeared in South America, Spanish Eyes in Spain.

- Rattle And Hum
Definitely Desire, Angel Of Harlem, and All I Want Is You. I think When Love Comes To Town is a faint possibility.

- Achtung Baby
One, UTEOTW, and Mysterious Ways are the definites in my books. I'd like to see The Fly stick around after Elevation. I say there's a slight chance of EBTTRT and you never know, WGRYWH could be an acoustic number.

- Zooropa
Stay is about all we're ever going to hear from that, with the possible exclusion of The Wanderer in tribute to Johnny Cash.

- Pop
Wake Up Dead Man in snippets is all I'm going to call as definite. World climate will dictate whether Please is played. Maybe Staring At The Sun, Discotheque, and Gone. I'd love to see Last Night On Earth and HMTMKMKM reappear but I realise that's very wishful thinking.

- All That You Can't Leave Behind
Beautiful Day is a definite. I like Walk On's chances, Elevation and Stuck some nights, maybe Kite. Nothing else stands a chance.

- Best Ofs
Electrical Storm will show up. I'm thinking Hands will probably be an acoustic number. Sweetest Thing on Ali's birthday?

Hmm ... I think that's it.

I agree with you Axver :yes: . I will add a few things, though. I think that "Walk On" will remain the concert closer for the next few U2 tours. As good as "40" as a show closer (with the "hallelulia" finish :applaud: ), in my opinion. I don't think we will hear "Elevation" again ("Zoostation" was dropped after Zoo TV, and so was "Mofo"' after PopMart). And as usual, the first 4 or 5 songs they perform will moslty be from the new album. Electrical Storm would be a great show opener. Imagine, the band starts to play their instruments as Bono walks in ... Think Streets during JT tour :love:

-Cyril

Electrical Storm isn't up-beat enough to be an opener. I'm thinking that one of the songs from the new album will open.

i'll do this axver style

Boy: I Will Follow, Out of Control will be played sometimes. I wishing for 11 O'Clock. I'm not sure about Electric Co, but who knows!

October: Maybe October

War: SBS and New Year's Day, almost every show. Party Girl on birthdays, of course. 40? I wish, but i doubt it

Unforgettable Fire: Bad and Pride, of course. every show i hope (for bad, that is :p ). Unforgettable Fire would be a dream come true!

Joshua Tree: Streets, WOWY, Bullet- every night. Still Haven't Found, God's Country, occasionally. One Tree Hill in New Zeland (man i have to hear that!). Spanish Eyes in Barcelona, MOTD in South America, almost for sure! I don't know about RTSS or Exit, but they sure would be awesome.

R&H: Desire, full band! AIWIY, almost every night. Probably no When Love Comes to Town. Hawkmoon, please? They (well, Bono) did a snippet during Elevation. Angel of Harlem, occasionally

Acthung Baby: Mysterious Ways, One, UTEOTW, definites. The Fly, maybe, and i damn well hope so! Even Better, maybe 7 or 8 times during the whole tour. Who's Gonna Ride is finally gonna retire, though it was OK during Elevation

Zoorpa: Stay, occasionally. The Wanderer? Maybe during the encore break, but i really with that the band plays it and Bono sings it!

Pop: Discotheque, sometimes, but they will for sure play it (they love this song!). Staring at the Sun, occasionally. Please, occasionally. Wake Up Dead Man, maybe sometimes. Miss Sarajevo if they do play in Sarajevo. Gone will be played maybe 10 times total

ATYCLB: Beautiful Day and Walk On, definitely. No Stuck or Kite, thankfully. Hopefully In a Little While will be played occasionally. New York, in New York (too bad Miami doesn't get the same treatment :p). Peace on Earth in snippets, just like in Elevation. Elevation? Retired! They let go of Zoo Station and Mofo, two great songs!

Electrical Storm, definitely. I hope theres no Hands, but probably there will be.

CANT WAIT FOR "ALL BECAUSE OF YOU"!!!!!!

Boy: I willl follow

War: NYD, SBS

UF: Pride, Bad

JT: the first 4 songs, definitely.

R/H: Desire most often, also AIWIY and Angel of Harlem.

AB: MW, One, UTEOTW.

POP: Discotheque, Gone and Staring at the sun

ATYCLB: Beautiful day definitely, also New York, Kite and Stuck

Other than that, I don't know. Running to stand still is coming back, I hope - and I'm pretty certain Electrical storm will be played.

I think the setlist of 15 or so old songs + 7 or so new songs won't work anymore on this tour, so changes will probably come.

Well I'm thinking U2 is gonna backlog to their rocking tunes. Bono keeps talking rock so they'll have to play some tunes to go with the theme. Also, the Rolling Stones on their last tour (40 Licks) were playing some rare gems and I think Bono (was spotted at a few shows, even joined them on stage once) took note of this. U2 always out do the Stones in concert. Here is what I think they will play:

Boy
Warhorse-I Will Follow (not everynight)

Out of Control -was brought back with open arms last tour.

Twilight -rock theme, such a bad a** tune.

Electric Co.- I don't know where this songs been, great encore song.

October
Gloria- they'll bring back this song, this would be such a awesome 2nd song of a setlist

War
Warhorses: Sunday Bloody Sunday, New Years Day

Surrender-Some nights they could play this.

Seconds- Again lost gem, rock theme.

Like A Song- Great U2 rock song, theme again.

Unforgettable Fire

Warhorses they'll play: Pride, Bad (either not everynight)

The Unforgettable Fire- I think U2 will bring this song back. I know they praise this song greatly and it would be nice to hear how they play it today.

Joshua Tree

Warhores: WTSHNN, WOWY (not everynight), Bullet, ISHF (acoustic)

In Gods Country- started play in the last leg of Elevation, full band this tour, gem.

RTSS- I can see them play this ever so often.

One Tree Hill- Good closer before encore, rocking tune live thanks to Edge.

Rattle n Hum

Warhorses: Desire (Full Band, rock theme), AIWISU (sometimes)

God Part 2- this could fit with rock theme.

Achtung Baby:

Warhorses- MW, One, Until the End of the World (maybe not evernight or at all), EBTTTRT ( not everynight), The Fly (not evernight)

Ultra Violet- bring this song back, such a great live tune.

Wild Horses- Acoustic some nights.

Zooropa

Stay- sometimes

Dirty Day- they have to bring back another Zooropa tune to America, really rocking live tune.

HMTMKM- not a Zooropa tune, but from the era, U2 rocking.

Pop
Warhorses- SATS (sometimes, acoustic), Please (full band sometimes), Gone (sometimes), Discotheque (sometimes)

Last Night on Earth - they'll bring this rocking tune back.

ATYCLB- BD (everynight encore), Stuck (acoustic), Elevation (sometimes), Walk On (everynight), Kite (sometimes), IALW (sometimes).

Electrical Storm will be played too.

New album: U2 will play 6-10 new songs everynight. And I love hearing new stuff live. Thats the great thing about U2, diehard and general fans love hearing the new tunes. Thank you for the space.

Last edited:
Cyril said:
I think that "Walk On" will remain the concert closer for the next few U2 tours. As good as "40" as a show closer (with the "hallelulia" finish :applaud: ), in my opinion.

Hmm, I'm not so confident of Walk On hanging around as a closing tune, though then again, it could. U2 closing songs are rarely played anywhere else in the setlist (With Or Without You is the first notable exception to enter my mind, though). I would like to see them alternate between Walk On and 40.

I don't think we will hear "Elevation" again ("Zoostation" was dropped after Zoo TV, and so was "Mofo"' after PopMart).

This is a popular misconception, that any opener is sure to go. Zoo Station was not a single, Mofo was a very 'quiet' single, but Elevation is a very popular song people will go to U2 gigs to hear. It will stay. By the way, for the record, these are the openers U2 has used, off the top of my head, with details of longevity;

(- Song, opened when, other times played)
- Stories For Boys, pre-Boy, Boy and October
- Silver Lining, pre-Boy, early 11 O'clock Tick Tock
- I Will Follow, I think this opened some early gigs, only U2 song to be played on every tour
- The Ocean, Boy, last played at the end of Pre-War Tour as a closer
- Gloria, October/War/UF, last played on Lovetown
- With A Shout, opened a couple October gigs but was mainly played a few spots in
- Out Of Control, War, played on various tours afterwards
- Wire, once or twice early on UF, played for the rest of the tour
- MLK, I'm sure it opened a UF gig, played for UF/JT/Lovetown and reappeared at the Super Bowl
- 11 O'clock Tick Tock, UF, played (I think) ten or eleven times after
- Where The Streets Have No Name, JT/Lovetown, almost every show after
- Stand By Me, JT, covered on ZooTV too
- Bullet The Blue Sky, JT/Lovetown, every show after
- Desire, Lovetown, every tour after
- Hawkmoon 269, Lovetown, the only time it was played out of the opening position was when it was snippeted once during the Elevation tour
- God Part II, Lovetown, I know it opened one Lovetown gig but I can't remember more
- Zoo Station, ZooTV, ZooTV only
- Mofo, Popmart, Popmart only
- Elevation, Elevation, we'll have to wait and see
- Beautiful Day, once on Elevation, of course it'll be played again

Out of those, the following I think have some sort of chance (all the way from definite to really vague) of being played: I Will Follow, Gloria, Out Of Control, MLK, 11 O'clock Tick Tock, Where The Streets Have No Name, Bullet The Blue Sky, Desire, Mofo, Elevation, Beautiful Day. I would LOVE to hear Hawkmoon 269 again.

I think Electrical Storm works as an opener. Not quite such a 'progressive' opener as Streets, but still a very good one.

Last edited:
Off of ATYCLB: "Beautiful Day", "Walk On", and "Kite" most frequently.

I think that "Kite" will stick around for a long time as a regular part of the setlist. It will follow in the tradition of "Sunday Bloody Sunday", "Bad", "Bullet the Blue Sky", "Until The End Of The World", and "Gone" as songs that were never released as singles but are very popular live. I even wouldn't be surprised if "Kite" makes it onto the Best Of 2000-2010. It is a great rock ballad and now carries extra meaning for Bono after the death of his fater. I predict "Kite" will be played next to "Tough/Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own" on the next tour. As for "Stuck In A Moment", I predict it will be the same as "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For", which is still played live, but not very often. And I DON'T think "Elevation" will be played live again, the reasong being that the last tour was named after the song and they will want to move on from that.

Last edited:
UTEOTW is a must for the next tour....if not i will be very disapointed...sure its not as powerful as it was back in 92/93 & 97/98 ....but i still love the elevation version just as much.

Mysterious Ways - what can i say, i think this song has just got better and better on every tour....on Zoo TV it got a bit 'stale'. Love both PopMart and Elevation versions.

God Part II, Lovetown, I know it opened one Lovetown gig but I can't remember more
just going through my mp3 catalouge....God Part II opened opend on 2 occasions.
1989-12-26 - Dublin and
1990-01-05 - Rotterdam

My idea for a tour opener is for bono to come out and do most of "All I Want Is You" accousticly ...and then BANG!!! straight into Bullet!! :drool: :drool:

impossible to say really
U2 shows will probably always have just about the same mix of rocking songs / ballad type songs

so if the new album will give them 6 rocking songs to play the next tour I would guess that at least 4 of the rockers from the past tours will disappear

if the new album will give them only 2 songs that rock relatively hard then rockers from the past are relatively save

and so on

I sort of hope they'll ditch the acoustic intermezzo
but that probably won't happen

Salome said:

I sort of hope they'll ditch the acoustic intermezzo
but that probably won't happen

yes.

To me, that is the worst part of the show, specifically the acoustic sing along of Desire.

If the new album is great, they can play the whole thing.

As far as older tunes go, they would be wise to drop:
Bullet (although I could see them reinventing this tune in the current climate of war and terrorism and have it actually become the best version they'd ever done)
NYD
Elevation
I will follow

we're on the "rock album" deal... or at least that's what I think...

so please don't believe that they will play the same damm pop-kids crap songs over and over... Pride?, Elevation?, Mysterious Ways?, Stuck In A Moment?... like John Stossel... GIVE ME A BREAK!!!!!!! :angry:

Desire must come back... pure Rock (please let it be with All Along The Watchtower)
EBTTRThing too
The Fly
Beautiful Day is a MUST
Last Night On Earth
Dirty Day
HMTMKMKM

If U2 play the same somgs all the time: Pride, MW, One... and in the same f**** order as usual... damm that thing would be boring... and some of you people are accepting this.. :angry:

(except those who support God Part II.. :wink:)

pepokiss said:
If U2 play the same somgs all the time: Pride, MW, One... and in the same f**** order as usual... damm that thing would be boring... and some of you people are accepting this.. :angry:

Uh, they almost 'have' to play those songs because some people do go to U2 gigs to hear them. I don't see what you have against Mysterious Ways because Edge's live solo rocks, and since when were they always played in the same order? Mysterious Ways and One were in the opening combination for ZooTV, closed Popmart, and were separate for Elevation (MW was in the closing combination for the main set while One was in the encore). Pride, though, has normally closed the main set or been near there (besides Popmart).

Remember, U2 aren't just catering to the fanatics. I would love to see them play something like Twilight/An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart/Surrender/Two Hearts Beat As One/Seconds/Drowning Man, but PEOPLE DO NOT KNOW THOSE SONGS. U2 have to walk a fine line, pleasing both the fanatics like us and the casual fans who would give an arm and a leg to hear Pride, Streets, and Bullet.

I want to see the acoustic set go - Desire rocks so hard electrically - but the band seem to enjoy it and I really think it will hang around. If it does, I hope they choose to play less common songs, such as When Love Comes To Town, Seconds, and Van Diemen's Land, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

People are going to complain about U2's new setlist, and I'll probably be leading the charge, but let's be realistic here, folks. Dirty Day has had its day. It was played on Zoomerang and that's that. All Along The Watchtower was a Lovetown event and considering Bono's voice, would probably not be that good today. I keep hoping Gloria will be resurrected, but I doubt anything will ever be played again from October, unless they want to bring back the title track with New Year's Day. However, I'm starting to think that they will try a new song with NYD - UTEOTW and October have had their days as songs running into NYD. October did it for most of the period from War to Lovetown and then UTEOTW from ZooTV until now, so I think we're in for a change.

Rant over.

I predict about 8 new songs will be played live..

1. New Song
2. New Song
3. New Song
4. New Song
5. New Song
6. New Song
7. New Song
8. New song
9. Elevation
10 Beautiful Day
11. Kite
12. New York
13. Gone
14. Staring At The Sun
15. Discotheque
16. One
17. The Fly
18. Until The End of The World
19. Dirty Day
20. Exit!!!
21. Bullet The Blue Sky
22. Gloria
23. Out of Control
24. insert random song here.

i think the "acoustic" parts are very good

Desire during Elevation wasn't acoustic, people. And it was done very well. Don't give me this "sing-along" crap. Desire has always been played very well. Just like that guys says before Numb, "you can sell the same material to the same old crowd forever." It's good to see the band mix it up a bit.

Angel of Harlem during Elevation was great, and you guys probably consider that part of the "acoustic" set.

As for the real "acoustic" songs, we can't expect the guys to play a full band Staring at the Sun. Besides, the acoustic version is wonderful. We all know how good Stay is. I even think its better acoustic than it is full band. And The Ground Beneath Her Feet was just gorgeous when they played it during Elevation.

I really don't think Elevation will be played on this tour. I also think they will finally drop Sunday Bloody Sunday.

BD will stay.

Stuck will be acoustic (although it would be cool if they dropped the acoustic part)

Last night on earth will be back with Please almost every night.

Streets, of course.

I believe this is the best chance we have of hearing Gloria again.

Rotation between I will follow, electric company, and 11 0'clock tick tock

I seriously doubt Electrical Storm will get played, as they'll want to save the room for new songs for songs from the new album.

Possibly the sweetest thing and In God's Country.

discothequeLP said:
Desire during Elevation wasn't acoustic, people.

Oh yeah? Go listen to Lovetown Desire then Elevation Desire. Not only does Elevation Desire sound horribly acoustic, it just sounds horrible. In isolation, it's fine, but considering Desire's rich history of shredding Edge or distorted Edge, it's no longer fine at all!

Angel of Harlem during Elevation was great, and you guys probably consider that part of the "acoustic" set.

You shouldn't make such assumptions. Elevation's Angel Of Harlem was the best, most electric version that's been played.

As for the real "acoustic" songs, we can't expect the guys to play a full band Staring at the Sun. Besides, the acoustic version is wonderful. We all know how good Stay is. I even think its better acoustic than it is full band. And The Ground Beneath Her Feet was just gorgeous when they played it during Elevation.

We're getting into the realm of personal taste in a big way, aren't we? In my opinion, acoustic SATS is boring, while when it was done electrically, it was very good. Stay was better on ZooTV when it was electric - 28 August 1993, Dublin is so beautiful it's not funny. I'm devastated they never did TGBHF as an electric song because it deserved it.

All I want you guys to see and by divine intervension get to Bono, is to st?p asking/playing songs that aren't coming good and that, what's even worse, is that they are the pop ones.

Pride should be played again... but on the last show ever
MW too (it sure rocks... but on Zoo TV... 12 years ago)
Stuck In a moment... please... :|
In a little while?
Acoustic Desire :angry:

They should really SHAKE UP the set list...
Let 4 or 5 songs to change every night (from order or put new songs)
Put ONE on the main set, and not at the end of (like on Zoo TV)
They could end the show with Streets
Move UTEOTW from the first 4 songs to maybe the Encore
Play something from OCTOBER
Pull someone to the stage everynight to play People get Ready, Angel Of Harlem, C'Mon Everybody or Stand By Me... something easy and fun.
Don't let BAD be the comeback from the acoustic set ever again
Start the Encore with BD
make the acoustic set interesting (VD Land, New Year's Day)
ROCK THE F*CKING HOUSE!!!!... Desire, Dirty Day, HMTMKMKM, LNOE

I don't want to have the same "combos" everynight since 3 tours back... that's all

Last edited:
Pepokiss, you're dreaming.

As I said before, they have casual fans to cater to, who believe it or not will make up the majority of the audience. I want 11 O'clock Tick Tock, but your average person will probably turn to their partner and say "Eleven O'clock Tick What? Where's Pride?"

And why are you bagging Mysterious Ways? Edge's live solo rocks and it's a quality tune.

I like the acoustic part of the show.

U2, especially on the first tour for the album (for example Zoo TV for Achtung Baby) tend to play the songs too close to the studio versions and the best/most interesting versions come up later. Examples: Running to stand still, Angel of Harlem, Stay, Fly, Gone...

I think changes will come (like I said, the 15 older songs + 7 new songs scheme won't work anymore on the next tour) they will always play the biggest hits. They're playing for the thousands of people, not the fanatics who want to hear, I dunno, Acrobat.

I think they should drop:

I Will Follow
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky

And not play Pride, Bad and With Or Without You every night, but frequently enough. Until The End Of The World would make a great encore.

They should regularly play:

Out Of Control
Gloria
The Unforgettable Fire
One Tree Hill
The Fly
Dirty Day
MoFo
Gone
Last Night On Earth
Please
Beautiful Day
Walk On

Songs like A Sort Of Homecoming, Acrobat, The Wanderer and In God's Country should all put in appearances, however rarely, to add flavour to the setlists. The acoustic set ought to be dropped entirely.

Axver said:
Here are my picks by album/era.

- War
I'd like to see Seconds in the acoustic set, but that's nothing more than wishful thinking.

- The Joshua Tree
maybe In God's Country in the acoustic set.
-

Gee, I would be a happy chappy, if I heard those two songs, live. Being realistic and after seeing the U2 Go home DVD, I am hoping to hear a great live performace of Out of Control- I'd be happy with that, although I wouldn't mind if they retired NYD and IWF for their gig at Brisbane!!

Here is my guess of what will happen (the number beside it is a guess of how many times they would play it in 10 concerts)

1)Electrical Storm 8 or Elevation 2
2)Beautiful Day 10 (I thought it worked well in this place)
3)I will Follow 6/UTEOTW 4 (mix things up a bit, maybe play UTEOTW everynow and then)
4)SBS 6 or Desire 4
5)new
6)new
7)new
8)new
9)Acoustic portion Stay 5 or SATS 5
10) Drowning Man or Wild Horses maybe?
11)Streets 10
12)WOWY 10
13) Bullet 7 or maybe Bad3?
14)MS8 or Gone2
15)One or a new song
16) The Fly, maybe Miss Sarajevo
17) Lemon That songs rocks, love to hear that or Pride (most likly)
18)NYD
19) Walk On ( I thought it ended well with that song, I really hope they don't pick another song to end with)

U2 have so many songs that so many want to hear, and it's impossible to satisfy everyone. So what they can do is 2 things:

1. Have 2 setlists. 8 news songs played each night, and some of the hits played each night, and some of the hits played every other night. That way, they don't have to worry about squeezing the greatest hits into each show, and they can play some of the more obscure stuff we fanatics want to hear. (I personally think "Ultraviolet" and "Running to Stand Still would let me die happy if I heard them live.)

2. Have 1 setlist, but have 2 or 3 spaces in the setlist where they can just insert a random song at their will. Maybe take fan requests online like REM did on their tour last year. REM really did honor some of the obscure requests ("Disturbance at the Heron House" for one), which made for an interesting and unpredictable concert. That would keep each U2 show exciting and unique. Let's face, they'll never do what Dave Matthews Band does and play a different setlist each night, but this would be great for them to do.

In my opinion, there are no songs U2 should cut. Just maybe rotate the songs so that they can get some more obscure stuff in there. I doubt that the casual fans will complain if U2 plays "In God's Country", because it's a good song. If they use the song to go take a piss, that's their fault.

Yes, man! ACROBAT!
From Boy I hope they play Electric Co. This would be rocking now! I expect 11 O'Clock Tick Tock and Out of Control too.
From October probably nothing. I would LOVE Tomorrow making a comeback.
From War - classic: SBS and NYD.
From UF - Bring back The Unforgettable Fire! It is highly unlikely, but I think it would be great in the encore.
From JT - Except the 4 leads, I hope that Running To Stand Still, One Tree Hill and Exit make a comeback. That would rock!
From R&H - Will they ever play Heartland? I guess not. The standard: Desire, Angel of Harlem, All I Want Is You. First two not acoustic!
From AB - The Fly!!! MW!!! One and Until the End of the World for sure. ULTRA VIOLET!!! ACROBAT, ACROBAT, ACROBAT, ACROBAT!
Love is Blindness is their best closer ever. Have you listened to the 1992/06/01 Birmingham version? It is the best Edge solo ever! It has to come back!
Zooropa - I would LOVE Dirty Day back. An electric version of Stay. Lemon is one of my favorites, but it is impossible with Bono's current voice.
Pop - Last Night on Earth, Gone, Please and a full version of Wake Up Dead Man.
ATYCLB - Only Kite for my tastes. Walk On probably.
Electrical Storm could make a rare appearance, like Sweetest Thing on the Elevation tour.

I'm not going to even attempt to guess the songs that will feature on the tour setlists...however I will annoy you all with a dream setlist (plus new songs) for the tour which I was looking for an excuse to think about...

1) Some rocking MOFO-style new song
2) Electrical Storm
3) Do You Feel Loved
4) New song in DYFL-type style
5) New song
6) New song
7) The First Time
8) Hawkmoon 269
9) Beautiful Day
10) WOWY
11) MLK?
12) I Will Follow
13) UTEOTW
14) Ultraviolet
15) All I Want Is You
16) New song
17) Gone
18) Tomorrow/Drowning Man
19) Your Blue Room
20) Lemon
21) 40

Encore:

22) Streets
23) Wire/One Tree Hill
24) New song? (depends how many decent songs are on the new album)
25) The Unforgettable Fire
26) The Ground Beneath Her Feet

Some songs that aren't my favourites, like BD, just seemed to fit in perfectly in places so theyre in there...not all these songs would have to be played every time as 26 songs is probably a few too many, and there are of course loads that should be slipped in occasionaly thru the tour like ASOH etc.

Dream setlist alright. People, if a song hasn't been played now, it's not going to be played EVER. There will be no Acrobat or Heartland or Your Blue Room or ...

Back
Top Bottom