What new song will NOT BE PLAYED LIVE?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jick

Refugee
Let's start off with an introduction of albums songs U2 didn't play live much:

Joshua Tree - Red Hill Mining Town (never), One Tree Hill (sparingly)

Rattle And Hum - Heartland (never), Hawkmoon 269 (hardly)

Achtung - Acrobat (never except soundcheck), So Cruel (twice and acoustic)

Zooropa - Zooropa & Babyface (twice or thrice), Some Days Are Better Than Others (never), The First Time (snippet only), The Wanderer (never)

POP - Playboy Mansion (never), If God Will Send His Angels (once only full band, only first leg acoustic), Wake Up Dead Man (only in the third leg and abbreviated and sparingly), Do You Feel Love (less than 10 times), Staring At The Sun (a few stops full band then acoustic the rest of the tour)

ATYCLB - Grace (never), When I Look At The World (once and first verse and snippet form only), Wild Honey (sparingly, and acoustic only)

SO with this in mind, it is INEVITABLE that some album tracks of HTDAAB will never see the light of day onstage. What songs do you predict will U2 never play live, or play live only sparingly/acoustically?

My guesses are:
One Step Closer (never)
Crumbs From Your Table (never)
Original Of The Species (b-stage or acoustic only)

What are your guesses?

Cheers,

J

A Man and a Woman seems unlikely
I see One Step Closer as an intro snippet
I can see Crumbs occasionally
Not sure about Yahweh, it's a great song, but I dunno if they'll play it every night.

And I believe Original of the Species will be a staple.

UnforgettableLemon said:
A Man and a Woman seems unlikely
I see One Step Closer as an intro snippet
I can see Crumbs occasionally
Not sure about Yahweh, it's a great song, but I dunno if they'll play it every night.

And I believe Original of the Species will be a staple.

Oh yeah, A Man And A Woman ...how could I forget that. Now I should revise my list. I think Crumbs could be played live, but I doubt Man And A Woman being played live. I highly doubt if it will work in a live setting.

I think Yahweh will be a regular. Perhaps a 2nd to the last song before they do "40."

Cheers,

J

I was actually thinking about this. One Step Closer leapt out at me first as one that won't be played live. The reason I'd be doubtful of A Man And A Woman is that I'm having serious trouble fitting it into a setlist cohesively.

I see no reason why they wouldn't play the rest. Crumbs could nicely alternate with ISHFWILF.

well according to bono this is their first album, and since this is their first album this will obviously be their first tour for this first so they're going to have to play all songs live and maybe play them twice.....

Headache in a Suitcase said:
love and peace or else... flame away, but it seems like it could be a very difficult song to play live and might not transfer as well as most people on here seem to think. :shrug: who knows... frankly every song is playable live.

Yeah Love And Peace ...but that song is in the first half of their album. They never neglect first half songs and normally always play them.

Cheers,

J

Love and Peace or Else not played live??? I dunno. It doesn't make sense to write a kick ass rock song to never be played live.

I think it can be done!

one step closer and man and woman are sure bets not to be played live i think... original of the species should be played live every night...its that good crumbs from your table i think will be off and on. yahweh could either be played each night or no nights not sure...

Hope you are right david, agreed it is kick ass.
Headache, hope you are wrong about Love & Peace - but I wouldn't flame you for it ;) - like you said they are all playable.
If I have anything to say about it they will...:wink:
Crumbs would have to be in there also.. Please :up:

jick said:

Wake Up Dead Man (only in the third leg and abbreviated and sparingly),

This song was ther last song played on the Lisbon '97 concert and was played entirely after One.

I see Man and Woman not making it. It's catchy, but really even. Your best live songs (in big obnoxious venues) have a lot of sonic contrast. Even some slow songs work well live, because there is still contrast. Songs like AMAAW, Ultraviolet, Zooropa, etc. are great, but sound muddy in a big environment. This is only one consideration, but it is a consideration...

Would Crumbs work as a closer?

i can sorta see bono yelling "goodnight!" towards the end of the song.

Another throught on Crumbs...It could work like IGWSHA! on Popmart...and be played after UTEOTW

here's what I'm afraid they will do:

play SYCMIOYO in the middle of the show as a bullshit acoustic duo between bono and edge.

please do not do that.

other than that, I'll be happy to see any songs from the album in the setlist....(maybe not man and a woman).

Back
Top Bottom