What Kind of U2 Concert Fan are you?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RademR

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
a.) don't sing at all during the show, just take in the moment and listen to all the music.

b.) sing just the "big lines" and choruses with the rest of the crowd?

c.) the obvious fanatic who sings all the lines and makes people around you mad?

I think I'm a B that verges into C a lot of times, which sucks cause I dont think I have a great voice :wink:

enjoy the show, btw.

I'm a C - sort of - I sing but not loud enough to annoy anyone.

I'm that guy who screams Whooo - hooo in between songs.:reject:

i know it's annoying, it annoys me, but i can't help myself.

Numb1075 said:

i know it's annoying, it annoys me, but i can't help myself.

:lol: thats hilarious...cause i usually do the same thing also.

I went to the Balt. Elevation show with a friend, and he kept screaming Bono's name the WHOLE show. It wasn't in a "i want you" kind of way or anything, but it got annoying as hell.

I used to do that when i was a lot younger until I actually heard myself and thought, "What am I a 13 yr old girl at a Brittney Spears concert?"

it just got annoying cause I was screaming EDGE's name all night and it wasn't going well together....
j/k :wink:

I like the people who scream their real names like they're "cool" or they "are in the know"

I love you Paul ! you're the man Dave !

:mad: :mad:

I sing along to the chorus, big lines, mumble lyrics which I don't know to myself rest of the time. I'm a jumper, hand waving, screaming but not in a 13yr old girl kind of way, woo-hooing til I can't talk or walk fan.

I hate concerts because I am always exhausted by the end.:wink:

very funny Clipper.

that's up there with the people still singing 40 in the parking lot or train ride home. 5 hours later.

I am definitely a b verging into c, but I sing quietly and badly...I also sing "40" to myself at the end of every show (even though it's not played anymore) :shifty:

I am 100%c ;)
I definitely sing loudly and badly the entire show. I sort of hoped the music was so loud that no one could actually hear me, though sadly that may not be the case.
And rest assured, I continue my act in the parking lot, sitting in traffic on the way home, through the Wendy's drive-thru.......

RademR said:

:lol: thats hilarious...cause i usually do the same thing also.

I went to the Balt. Elevation show with a friend, and he kept screaming Bono's name the WHOLE show. It wasn't in a "i want you" kind of way or anything, but it got annoying as hell.

Oh man I hate those people on the audience boots. :no: :laugh: No offense...it's kinda funny really. :laugh: Some of my Elevation boots are full of some girl saying "BONO YOU'RE SO FUCKING HOT!11!!" over and over and over. :crack:

*crosses fingers for soundboard boots this time* :huh:

oh yeah, I'm a B verging on C at times...

That's a toughie.. it comes and goes with me, and how moved I am during the song. If I'm in the GA section, I'll sing more audibly and dance like a maniac :dance:. If I'm in the stands I just kinda of mouth along and bob my head.

I sing along to a lot of it, but not loudly. (Unless we're talking chorus of Pride or the similar huge anthem choruses). Sometimes if it's a song I've been looking forward to I won't sing and I'll try to take it all in.

thats a good point, helloangel. If i was in GA for a u2 show (which i never have been :sad: ), I would probably be beyond a "C". But I'm in the stands, so I think I'm in the middle as well.

My answer applies to all concerts, but I've never been to a U2 show (and won't be going to any until they start playing little clubs again -- which means I won't be seeing them, doesn't it :huh: ).

I'm most definately an A concert goer. I want to hear the band, not my own voice, and certainly not the voice or voices of a bunch of idiots who can't sing worth shit, but insist on doing on it anyway -- and always at top volume. :yuck: :yuck:

And the screamers and yellers -- :madspit: Horrible people. I don't understand why people go to shows supposedly to listen to an band play live music, and then just scream all night long. To me it's incredibly rude and obnoxious.

Last edited:
Indra, seriously, would you prefer that we were all silent through out the concert? Wouldn't it be weird to be at a rock show and it was as quiet as an opera? Aren't we supposed to yell, scream, and let loose a bit? Escape from our daily chains of work, school, and family obligations.....:scratch:

I very much want to be a "C", but I try to spare the people around me (I've got a terrible voice).

So, for practicality, I'm a "B". For the most part.

I'm a b/c guy... I'll sing the choruses loud, and in tune of course, but usually i sing along to the 'big' songs like streets, with or without, and pride... i don't have a problem with people singing, as long as i see a smile on their face when they are doing. they could be the worst singers in the world, but as long as they are enjoying themselves, then why not let them sing... they are adding to the overall atmosphere.

i am C at home, but never at concert man!!Those people who sing all their songs,really annoy me! I'm more like b, so that i don't give an impression of being "a mad and crazy fan".
But of course, i do like to move a lot at concerts!!It's the best thing ever!

I'm a C for sure, but I'll be careful not to sing too loud if someone is standing really clause to me.

I don't get the people who don't want to hear the others sing... I think that it's the whole point of a show, everybody singing together! That's one of the reasons I like GA so much, because people around you know all the words and are so into it. I actually enjoy sometimes when the crowd is louder than the band... I even prefer audience bootlegs rather than soundboard ones because you hear the crowd better. If I only want to hear the band without background noise I can listen to the albums.

Now I have been stuck next to people who sang really badly and loudly the whole show, and it was a bit annoying, but I don't care that much because they were so into it. When you sing along the concert is an interactive experience, and becomes more intense IMO.

Anyways, I am from Montreal, and Bono told us during Elevation we were the loudest crowd of the whole tour! (it was also confirmed by Willie in his diary)So if you don't want a singing crowd don't see U2 here...

I don't know what I am as I have never been to any gig, but as I can't help but join in when listening to bootlegs at home, I fear I'll be a C.

Which is really bad, as I cannot sing at all. I'm dreadful.

I'm a C. During the concert, I feel as though I can't hear the sound of my own voice - so I never worried about anyone else hearing me. I really don't think anyone else was mad about it.

hmm, this is going to be my first U2 show... but when I went to Metallica last year, EVERYONE in the arena was a C..

so this thread is making me a little sad.. because I know I'll so probably be a C :(

Numb1075 said:
Indra, seriously, would you prefer that we were all silent through out the concert? Wouldn't it be weird to be at a rock show and it was as quiet as an opera? Aren't we supposed to yell, scream, and let loose a bit? Escape from our daily chains of work, school, and family obligations.....:scratch:

Between songs -- yell all you want, but during the songs I want people to shut up and listen to the music. People can dance around and the like, but the dreadful singing, screaming, and yelling is revolting.

Originally posted by oceane
I don't get the people who don't want to hear the others sing... I think that it's the whole point of a show, everybody singing together!

Huh? I go to a live performance to hear the band I like perform in a live setting.... It's a different dynamic than a studio recording, and it's fascinating to watch them play off each other. I like the feeling of communing with the band and I don't need to sing along or scream at them to do that -- I just need to feel and absorb the music. Joe Blow butchering the songs isn't really condusive to that.

And I still think the people who scream out band members names incessantly are really lame. I honestly think the people who have to scream and yell and sing so loudly are attention seekers.

(Yeah, I know I'm cranky. :wink: )

BostonAnne said:
I'm a C. During the concert, I feel as though I can't hear the sound of my own voice - so I never worried about anyone else hearing me. I really don't think anyone else was mad about it.
I'm a C for the same reason. If I can't hear the person next to me singing, I'm pretty sure they can't hear me. Or maybe this is why that girl stared at me rather than the band in Philly during Elevation...

I'm a C no matter where I am in the arena, and no matter what the rest of the audience is like, unless it's a song that really means something to me and I'll just sing the chorus and take in the moment for the rest of the song.

Back
Top Bottom