What is U2's live "Bohemian Rhapsody"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ronan2standstil

The Fly
By this I mean the one song that when the intro starts is so recognisable and so universally loved that the crowd just go wild and those U2 goose pimples that nothing else can ever give you come out! Was thinking about this when I saw Morrissey live last year and the crowd went wild over "How Soon is Now" and especially "There is a Light That Never Goes Out". Tell me which 2 songs do this for you live. Mine are:

New Years Day
Where The Streets Have No Name

to this list could be added in a few years time Miracle Drug and quite possiblt City of Blinding Lights. So what are your 2?

Streets. I've been to alot of shows by other bands and nothing even comes close.

I think U2 has a few

Streets
Bad
Sunday Bloody Sunday

on this tour Beautiful Day may reach that level.

I could see COBL and possibly Yahweh (depending on how it comes out live) reaching near this level.

cdparky said:
Streets. I've been to alot of shows by other bands and nothing even comes close.
I agree that Streets meets the criteria, as do Bad and New Years Day and several others. But to say no other band has a song that comes close really just comes down to a matter of taste. Believe me, to a Bruce fan, the opening notes of Jungleland come really close. And a southern rock fan would probably say the same thing about Free Bird. The reaction elicited from fans, by these kind of songs, is exactly what a concert is all about.

Hands down, it's I Will Follow. I've never seen crowds go more berserk than when those opening chords are struck.

I Will Follow. Anybody that's been in MSG while the first few chords of I Will Follow are played will know what I mean... The building shakes... literally up and down!

Until The End Of The World.

It's immediate, and it gets right to the point. Unlike streets, which isn't immediately recognizeable.

Given the question I don't think streets is the right answer at all. The 'live stairway' question is better for streets.

Do people get goose pimples for Bohemian Rhapsody? If they do...niiiiiicccceee.

Most definitely Streets. It is instant water works for my old lady every time that first note rings out. I mean instant, no matter when, where, or what the situation is.

For me Until The End Of The World, for most people Where The Streets Have No Name...
Sunday Bloody Sunday is a good suggestion too.

MTEdge said:
I Will Follow. Anybody that's been in MSG while the first few chords of I Will Follow are played will know what I mean... The building shakes... literally up and down!

I couldn't agree with you more! I'll never forget the October 25, 2001 show. They didn't play IWF the show before so I wasn't expecting it.

Back
Top Bottom