What happens in "The Crab"?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GAGV

The Fly
OK, we all know what happens in arenas: you have the ellipse lottery, and either get into it, or out of it. But what happens in stadiums? Is there something as a crab lottery, or is it on the "you get the first-you get to the front" basis?

This might be useful information for us fans waiting for the 4th leg shows. Either way, I'm probably arriving too early or camping out. :wink:

Headache in a Suitcase said:
you get your ticket scanned and if beeps a message flashes on the screen that says "YOU'VE GOT CRABS!" then you get to go inside.

you get to take one person with you 'cause it's always more fun to share your crabs with others than to keep your crabs to yourself.

:laugh:

Seriously, from what I've read its first come first serve. But I could be wrong...that happens a lot.

I bet some of the people that "always" get into the arena bomb shelter have crabs.

Ask them if they carry a miniature comb in their purse.

Last edited:
the crab, thats gross :lol:

yeah, its first come first serve - they set up "wave breaker" barriers in the front section but they hold about 4000 people so - in the cases of dublin and twickenham - by the time the gates were opening there still weren't that many people in line so anyone who was there was automatically gonna get in . in fact i had friends rock up at dub 2 at like 5:30 and still get in so its cool. they also dont fill it up so theres space to move around the back.

also, because of the stage design there a LOT more rail space - arenas have like 60-70 people on the rails, stadiums have like 300-400 i think so if you're relatively close to the front of the queue you're guarateed a rail spot. you just need to decide if you wanna be up front or on a bstage - if you wanna be up front you need to be one of the first people there cause thats the area that fills up quickest. i always just went straight for a b-stage personally becuase its more comfortable, you get a lot of quality close up action (quality over quantity i say) and because the main stage is really raised like a good few feet above the crowds heads while the b-stages slop downwards to crowd level.

Last edited:
This is easily a five-star thread, and I don't even know what the fuck it's about.

StlElevation said:
well it looks like a crab more than the ellipse looks like an ellipse.

img5CPS5CStone-Crab.jpg

Okay, I kind of see it. But you'd have to remove the legs at the bottom.

LOL... this really blew out of proportion. Thanks to you all for teaching me a new definition for a good tasting seafood. And to return you the favor: "¡Nos vemos en la ladilla!" (ladilla=crab... and not the tasteful one. Well, that doesn't mean that I haven't... er, nevermind). And hey! 5 stars! I feel as if I was just named Time's Person of the Year :wink: .

Now, seriously: thanks for answering my question and giving out a couple of suggestions. And please top off my name proposition for the "stadium semi-ellipse" (no lobsters or scorpions allowed).

Headache in a Suitcase said:
you get your ticket scanned and if beeps a message flashes on the screen that says "YOU'VE GOT CRABS!" then you get to go inside.

you get to take one person with you 'cause it's always more fun to share your crabs with others than to keep your crabs to yourself.

rofl!!!!!!

on a more serious note, whats it really called?

my uncle referrs to it as "the headphones" lol

On a related topic...

I love those genital herpes commercials. "I have genital herpes, but I still kayak!" "I didn't know that I could pass on my genital herpes to my partner even when I don't have an outbreak. So, after I skydive, I take my medicine & I'm all good!"
:laugh:

I think that accepted term is the "bullhorns". My mate's father did security at the Dublin gigs this year, and that's what they were calling it.

But crab, that can work too.... if you accept they don't look anything like a crab... :lol:

Just posting in this thread to give my approval to all the STD-related comments :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom